Patrick might not start week 1

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Evidently Sammy is a lot better this year. We’ll wait and see
I'm guessing you did not actually read the article?

Or, the fact Patrick, though practicing, has yet to snap a football could mean he isn't physically ready with his surgery repaired thumb to play.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The obvious decision is to keep him inactive until he can snap a football. Just smoke and mirrors gamesmanship which is always funny. Like the 49ers care if Patrick plays or not.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Mustipher must be a practice warrior to continue to get the vote of confidence by the staff....and as much as I like Tevin at guard, I'm not sure I like the optics of having such a young line out there. Its essentially Whitehair and a bunch of rooks..and then what about Reiff?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mustipher must be a practice warrior to continue to get the vote of confidence by the staff....and as much as I like Tevin at guard, I'm not sure I like the optics of having such a young line out there. Its essentially Whitehair and a bunch of rooks..and then what about Reiff?
I like what I’ve seen from Tev so far. I’m worried about Braxton Jones and Borom more than anything. I could be wrong Sunday.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So with Patrick and Jenkins not likely to start are the Bears going to play with 4 lineman? Correct me if I am wrong but not only is that a penalty, but proof that they are setting Fields up to fail.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I'm expecting Braxton Jones to be exposed in this game, hopefully not

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn’t say a poor game would constitute being exposed, but he definitely has his work cut out for him.
Agreed. I think we need to keep expectations in check. We are talking about a 5th round rookie, starting at LT in his first NFL game, against some very good pass rush talent.

But I'm sure the Bears fan base will see this through a lens of rational perspective. Lol.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Yeah, what about Reiff? Even if Braxton is for real and ready, Riley should be at RT. He's got to be better than Borom, IMO.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Yeah, what about Reiff? Even if Braxton is for real and ready, Riley should be at RT. He's got to be better than Borom, IMO.
You can't get younger, better and develop by playing stop gap retreads all the time

I'm totally fine with playing as many young guys as much as possible to see what the Bears have moving fwd

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm expecting Braxton Jones to be exposed in this game, hopefully not

Ehh, he will somewhat, but getsy isn't a moron. It's going to rain and he's going to do a ton of rollouts and runs to the opposite side of Bosa.

Or at least I hope thats what he does, the last moron would have ran right at bosa.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn’t say a poor game would constitute being exposed, but he definitely has his work cut out for him.
I'm just as concerned about Borom.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
how else is one exposed other than for a poor game?