Patrick Williams’ playoff debut will be fascinating

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So he'll definitely get matched on Greek, and if I had to guess, will probably get destroyed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So he'll definitely get matched on Greek, and if I had to guess, will probably get destroyed.
Probably, but I won't condemn him for that because Giannis destroys everyone

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hard to really guard someone when so much of their game is just barreling into people and getting foul calls. I really don’t enjoy watching him…a lot of slop production.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to really guard someone when so much of their game is just barreling into people and getting foul calls. I really don’t enjoy watching him…a lot of slop production.
Call it what you'd like, I'd take him on our team in a heartbeat

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course. I just don’t enjoy watching guys like him and harden who rely so much on cheap offense hinging on the refs.
I get your point, Harden is a much worse offender though imo. Giannis just sorta plays a charge the rim style that gets him a lot of FTs. I don't think he'd change how he plays if they didn't give him as many fouls. It's less like Harden and Trae Young where they are intentionally trying to bait the refs. Giannis is just moving through bodies.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I get your point, Harden is a much worse offender though imo. Giannis just sorta plays a charge the rim style that gets him a lot of FTs. I don't think he'd change how he plays if they didn't give him as many fouls. It's less like Harden and Trae Young where they are intentionally trying to bait the refs. Giannis is just moving through bodies.
True…he bulldozes people and still gets the calls. Travels a lot too…but he’s effective that’s for sure

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still waiting to see Patrick Williams kick it into high gear.

Now may not be the time, but next year I got to see some wreckless bursts of aggression.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I completely agree, my fellow CCSer. You know what else is fascinating? The CCS ‘22 HOF election. DM me for more info.

Go Bulls!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
WILLIAMS SUCKS. BUST

Bulls 4th overall pick Williams is TRash. Mofo got 30 minutes of playtime and came out with 0-13 shooting with just 4 rebounds. BUST

Pat Williams = another long line of "Just A Guy" players chicago teams tend to find in the upper rounds.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I notice there isn’t any Patrick Williams hate after game 4(20 points and 10 rebounds). Bunch of dumb haters overreacting to one game? No way!! Not on CCS!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I notice there isn’t any Patrick Williams hate after game 4(20 points and 10 rebounds). Bunch of dumb haters overreacting to one game? No way!! Not on CCS!
I mean, you did say coby/Williams for Grant would be a bad trade for the pistons lol

Not sure if you were joking though, because trading both those guys for an inefficient role player isn’t a ringing endorsement for Williams

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean, you did say coby/Williams for Grant would be a bad trade for the pistons lol

Not sure if you were joking though, because trading both those guys for an inefficient role player isn’t a ringing endorsement for Williams
It was in jest. If you look over any posts about the PAW on here, I think you’ll find I’m higher on him than most, if not all posters on here

Bust

Liked Posts:

20 points? really? for a 4th overall? That's like a low bar set for bear qb's.

next!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I guess he should be averaging 34 ppg by now? What sort of 20 year old can't figure out how to dominate the league in 1 year?
Lol exactly. He also just so happened to gloss over the 10 rebounds, and did so while guarding the most unguardable player on the planet for 30+ min. The expectations some people have

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s an exceptionally hard position to separate yourself.
There is more than one way to hack it, but to become numerically above replacement there by much is difficult whether you 3 and D or have post touch and explosiveness.

Rebounds and defense come naturally to PWill so he should be ok.

A player for him to study might be Horford. If he starts playing smart his athleticism will know how to unlock.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Look at Pat Williams individual game logs before he got hurt. Who are we kidding??? This kid is lucky to hit 10 points a game.

This is the high standard chicago fans have grown accustomed . . . #brutal

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Am NOT saying PW is a bust, he's not, but knowing what we do today and from what I've seen: in a redraft, ain't no one gonna pick him top-10, let alone #4 overall.

He is Kirby Dach in a Bulls jersey.