My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Care to comment on the rest of what I pointed out?

Or just conveniently not address it?

His 1.1% increase in block percentage or marginal VORP improvement? Great? Kinda grasping at straws there.

Edit: I missed the part about his WS. Yes, it is up to 3.5. Was 2.5 his rookie year and 0.9 last year so that is one other drastically category where there’s been some improvement.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
His block % went up 1.1% which I’m sure @Enasic will poo poo, but that’s a large jump year over year. Further pointing to his defensive ability advancing.

He had his first season with a VORP above 0, at 0.4

He collected 3.5 win shares(a career high), of which 3 wins were at the defensive end, also a career high

He shot 42% from 3 on 3.5 attempts per game for a team in DESPERATE need of 3 point shooters

But yeah, he is a bum according to some on here

At worst he will just be an elite 3 and D type wing player.
TBH I haven't considered any of his stats, but I do trust my eyes and he's far from anything special - def not "elite" at anything and his NBA future is strictly as a second unit defender, period. He is not a legit NBA starter.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
TBH I haven't considered any of his stats, but I do trust my eyes and he's far from anything special - def not "elite" at anything and his NBA future is strictly as a second unit defender, period. He is not a legit NBA starter.
The guy has been able to buy alcohol legally for less than a year

Let’s pump the brakes a bit on what he can and cannot be still

I would say that you’re right about him not being elite at much yet. I would say his spot up 3 point shooting is borderline elite already, though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
His 1.1% increase in block percentage or marginal VORP improvement? Great? Kinda grasping at straws there.

Edit: I missed the part about his WS. Yes, it is up to 3.5. Was 2.5 his rookie year and 0.9 last year so that is one other drastically category where there’s been some improvement.
Grasping at straws by mentioning advanced stats that YOU brought up as reasoning for saying he hasn’t improved??

Mmmmmkay, then don’t bring them up I guess if you’re going to get riled up when I mention advance stats that he has improved in

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Grasping at straws by mentioning advanced stats that YOU brought up as reasoning for saying he hasn’t improved??

Mmmmmkay, then don’t bring them up I guess if you’re going to get riled up when I mention advance stats that he has improved in

How am I riled up? Lol…you pointed out Block%, WS, and VORP showing extremely marginal upticks.

As I said before…he’s still largely the same inconsistent role player. I’m glad you’re happy with his performance and strides. I commend him for improving his outside shot and coming on defensively later in the year. Overall though, his progression isn’t very impressive and well short of the mark of what the Bulls needed from him.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How am I riled up? Lol…you pointed out Block%, WS, and VORP showing extremely marginal upticks.

As I said before…he’s still largely the same inconsistent role player. I’m glad you’re happy with his performance and strides. I commend him for improving his outside shot and coming on defensively later in the year. Overall though, his progression isn’t very impressive and well short of the mark of what the Bulls needed from him.
Again, you brought up advanced metrics. Somehow when I point to the ones he improved in, it doesn’t matter but when you point to one’s he didn’t do well in, it matters

Typical enasic

Just as I pointed out before, you’ve already made up your mind about him and going down this road was pointless, as nothing can be said to change it

the looooong offseason should yield some great postings ?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aside from wanting him to get more rebounds, where did you expect him to improve this season?

That may be a better way of asking it

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Again, you brought up advanced metrics. Somehow when I point to the ones he improved in, it doesn’t matter but when you point to one’s he didn’t do well in, it matters

Typical enasic

Just as I pointed out before, you’ve already made up your mind about him and going down this road was pointless, as nothing can be said to change it

the looooong offseason should yield some great postings ?

:sigh:

I pointed out advanced stats to show that he hasn’t improved in some areas or his improvements were marginal as fuck. You point out some advanced stats that show marginal as fuck upticks and think you somehow proved something lol

Will be a long off season indeed

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
:sigh:

I pointed out advanced stats to show that he hasn’t improved in some areas or his improvements were marginal as fuck. You point out some advanced stats that show marginal as fuck upticks and think you somehow proved something lol

Will be a long off season indeed
Somehow 1.1% block rate is marginal to you. That’s my point, you make it out to be nothing, yet everything you provide is MASSIVE

A 1.1% block rate increase is a huge YOY increase. You claiming it to be marginal is you not comprehending advanced metrics, the very metrics you used at the beginning of this

So yeah, this was wasted time

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For reference…PWills 2.9% block rate this season is better than ANY year Lebron had in block %

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is there a team in the league right now that has a 4th option that averages 15 a game? Genuine question
To answer my own question, the answer is yes

Nuggets - 4th option Aaron Gordon at 16ppg
Clippers - 4th option Russell Westbrook at 15.8ppg, alternatively Norman Powell at 17ppg
76ers - 4th option Tobias Harris at 14.7ppg
Sacramento - 4th option Kevin Huerter or Harrison Barnes at 15ppg
New Orleans - 4th option Trey Murphy - 14.5ppg (though probably largely due to Zion's absence)
Indiana - 4th option Bennedict Mathurin at 16.7ppg
New York - 4th option Immanuel Quickley at 14.8ppg
Golden State - 4th option Jordan Poole at 20ppg

There might be some others as well. Of course this is just going by overall team PPG so it's a tad misleading since some of these guys are in clear 6th man roles but there are definitely guys who are in a starting unit with 3 other guys averaging 15+ ppg.

So I guess Pat has no excuse, he must average 15ppg no matter what

Bust

Liked Posts:
IT'S OFFICIAL ANOTHER CHICAGO FIRST ROUND BUST

Williams managed to score zero points in 21 minutes of play last game. Look at his 3 game stats, LOL!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He needs to come off the bench, and if he still sucks just deactivate him.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He needs to come off the bench, and if he still sucks just deactivate him.

We all know it. Will BD ever adjust though…for anything? I don’t think he’s capable of adjusting

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's nuts Pat is listed at 6'7

dude brings nothing to the team with his 20 minutes of court time

#brutal
points per game, 5.6
rebounds per, 3.4
assists, 1.3
shooting pct, 32pct

he just going thru the motions collecting his nba check

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pretty much to the point where we have to celebrate 10 pts and 5 rebounds from Pat. AK is probably going to extend him to some inflated contract too

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That underwhelming 2020 draft class. Aside from a few stat-padders, it wouldn't really matter who we picked at 4. The real issue isn't PWill, it's doing a bad job of buying low and selling high from this front office (hint, trade his ass asap if he's putting up a few numbers).

Now, some players have woken up, saved their careers. He is more than capable of doing so. But we've seen this song and dance, he wont really do it in a Bulls uniform. String a few games together, other teams change their scouting reports and he's a bust again.

Or worse, he DOES wake up while in a Bulls uniform. We'll re-sign him, over-pay him, then what? Same shit, different year.