Patrick Williams Out For Season

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Very much our luck, we start rolling and then thumb ligament injury to Lavine, another injury to a starter has him out for the season. Shitty fucking luck . Not only does it hurt you on the court but if you were considering putting Pat in a trade package to get better, forget that now

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now they HAVE to look for the power forward they needed anyway.

Was this his shooting hand? Gonna set a post player back 18 months regardless.

I hope this wasn't teammates and players pushing him to play like the Ferrari he looks like.

How is his flexibility? I would guess his thin muscular combination weakness is stiffness and he should focus on weak point training with pilates and yoga.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I have been pretty down on him, but this is terrible to hear. Especially if there will be lifelong complications.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he's as good as Shane Battier was yet. But that's the type of NBA player that Williams falls into. He's not a boxscore guy but he's a complementary piece willing to do the dirty work and can defend the best 3 or 4 on the opposing team. He's not quite a great defender yet but he's been effective so far in his role. He's the last option on offense, but he will hit shots more often than not if you leave him wide open.

The main way this injury hurts is his development. This would have been a good year to improve and this could stall him. I'd say that it's still a good pick at 4th overall until the contrary proves itself. This shouldn't be a huge difference between wins and losses this year. But it puts the bulls in a tough spot given the lack of quality depth at the 3-5 spots. Bulls will be forced to play smaller, which could help with floor spacing but will hurt on the glass. And when you lose a guy who gives you a solid 24 minutes, it's definitely going to hurt you a bit when it comes to consistent quality team play during the regular season. Especially when the injury bug takes it toll- whether its little bites or big chomps on your roster.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Background: Perilunate dislocations (PLDs) are uncommon high-energy injuries that may result in significant morbidity if inadequately treated. We report the midterm outcomes following surgical intervention and the validity of the Patient-Rated Wrist Evaluation (PRWE) score as an assessment tool post injury. Methods: We prospectively present outcomes in 16 patients with perilunate injuries. Definitive surgical management comprised fixation of all fractures and anatomical reconstruction of ruptured ligaments where possible. All patients completed the Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand (DASH), 12-Item Short-Form Health Survey, and PRWE, for which internal consistency and construct validity were assessed. Results: At 24 months, the mean grip strength was 59% of the uninjured side (range 33%-85%) and the mean range of flexion was 71% and extension was 58%. Eighty-eight percent of patients returned to work within 6 months and 63% to sport within 1 year. The PRWE score was 36.2 (range 14.5-77.3) and DASH 25.2 (range 7.5-91.7). The mean visual analog scale (VAS) satisfaction score was 7.9 (range 0-10), VAS pain at rest 1.9 (range 0-6) and on activity 3.3 (range 1-6). DASH and PRWE demonstrated similar internal consistencies with Cronbach alphas of .98 and .91, respectively, and a strongly positive correlation coefficient of r = +.7 (P < .05). Conclusions: Surgical treatment of PLDs can provide good clinical outcomes allowing patients to return to normal activities in a reasonable timescale when delays to surgery are kept to a minimum. The PRWE demonstrated high internal consistency and was found to be a valid questionnaire with advantages over the DASH for use following severe carpal injures.