Patriots waived TE Tim Wright.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Per Rotoworld:

Tim Wright - TE - Free Agent

Patriots waived TE Tim Wright.

A former wide receiver at Rutgers, Wright flashed NFL-caliber "move" tight end ability when he posted 54-571-5 for the Bucs in 2013. The Patriots gave up stud guard Logan Mankins to acquire him a year ago, but he was often an innocent bystander (10 snaps in three playoff games). Scott Chandler will move forward as Rob Gronkowski's backup as the old Aaron Hernandez role is now officially phased out of the Patriots' offense. Wright, who is subject to waivers, should garner interest as a cheap pass-catching tight end.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Jun 11 - 9:55 AM

There Bears already have like 58 TEs on the 90 roster.....but this guy is really good. He was ignored by Belicheat and rode the bench for most of last year after being traded from TB. He's got great hands and is an upgrade on everyone on our "TE Tour Bus" except of course the guy that's not on the Tour Bus....Martellus Bennett. Let's see if the Football God's let him fall through the waiver process to us......

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Michael Bennett must really want out of Seattle....

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Michael Bennett must really want out of Seattle....

awwwww......"our" Bennett.....Martellus........my bad..........(Though picking up his brother....still would be a good thing!)

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
The thing with Wright, is that so much of the Pats "O" was schemed for Gronk....and Wright is a pass catcher not a blocking TE that would keep Brady 'clean." Once Gronk got healthy, Wright was redundant. He's comparable to our Zach Miller......but healthy.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He'd be worth kicking the tires on.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
has anyone that's been cut by the pats ever done well anywhere else...

and cut due to on field performance..not off field incidents...

meangreek

Liked Posts:
has anyone that's been cut by the pats ever done well anywhere else...

and cut due to on field performance..not off field incidents...

Wright was with Tampa played decent, Lovie came in the next season, the kid got the drops in training camp and was shipped out

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should pick him up. We don't know what Bennett will do, Miller can't stay healthy, Pascoe is a blocking tight end, and Rosario is just meh.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Never pick up Belichick's trash.

I wouldn't call him trash. Just very unfortunate to be behind Gronkowski on the roster and not being particularly good at blocking. When Gronk got healthy, the poor guy never left the bench. The Pats also changed their game after "Killah" Hernandez had to abruptly leave the team. They removed those two TE sets with Hernandez being the "H" Back....Now for the Pats it's "Gronk and more Gronk" and another TE who is just an extra "O"-Linesman to keep Brady upright.(Which Wright isn't)

Wright just found himself in a bad situation.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The thing with Wright, is that so much of the Pats "O" was schemed for Gronk....and Wright is a pass catcher not a blocking TE that would keep Brady 'clean." Once Gronk got healthy, Wright was redundant. He's comparable to our Zach Miller......but healthy.

I'm sure they expected him to fill the void left by Aaron Hernandez, which is strictly pass catching, and he couldn't do it. Think you're elevating Tim Wright kind of high.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they expected him to fill the void left by Aaron Hernandez, which is strictly pass catching, and he couldn't do it. Think you're elevating Tim Wright kind of high.

My "plus" for him is as a pure pass catcher......Red zone kinda guy.

His "minus" is his blocking. Does the name Kellen Davis ring a bell?! He's not that clumsy but he's no where near the level of what Bennett does for us.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

His "minus" is his blocking. Does the name Kellen Davis ring a bell?! He's not that clumsy but he's no where near the level of what Bennett does for us.

So you're comparing him to an absolutely horrendous player, and still want him?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

No way in hell should Kellen Davis be known for his pure pass catching skills... the guy has stone hands and fingers apparently and never learned to catch and stay upright.