Patriots win the super bowl again ???

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight...

The league wants parity and doesn't like the Pats cheating to remain dominant, but then tells the refs to call games in their favor?

Ok...

Such an old and easy lament, bitching about the officials . . .

. . . Visionman, you've got no vision, man . . .

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Patriots are the gold standard of sports since the 1950s Yankees. Bears fans are so used to failure they dont recognize excellence and should not be asked question about excellence as they havent really expereinced it

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not much parody in the nfl

Plenty of parody just like in wrasslin'. Not much parity.

You'd have a different narrative if it were the Bears. I don''t care who wins. I personally hate Philly and would rather they lost anyway.

Probably not. If the Bears were caught cheating multiple times I would expect the HC/GM to be kicked out of the NFL, I would actually expect that the first time so there wouldn't be any questions raised about the next time they won.

Facts: Patriots cheated. Patriots are the winningest team. That reflects poorly on the NFL whether or not those two are related.

But nobody seems to care about the blatant BS calls the refs make because they want to be convinced they're not wasting so many hours of their lives watching what amounts to scripted sports.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Like most I'm getting tires of seeing NE win it all, but I have to tip my hat to what that organization has accomplished over the years. Same with Bama. Don't want to see them win another National Championship but have to give it up for Saban. What I really want to see is Belichick and Saban in a cage match and let them fight to the death.

The NFL goes in cycles. 20 Years ago it was Rams, Ravens, Raiders, Bucs then they all took nose dives. Then the Colts, Packers, Pats and Steelers were top teams. Pats have shown the most consistency by far. Even the Bears had a few years where they were contenders but just couldn't finish. Soon Brady will be gone and the Pats will fall. Same with Rogers and GB. Look how far Indy has fallen since the Great One left. Our turn will come again my friends. We'll be in a title game in 3 years.

Reactions: DC

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Talk about parity , of the last 15 Super Bowls 13 of them have had either Brady, Manning, or Big Ben as the AFC qb. No matter how good your team is it is almost always going to come down to the play of the quarterback. If Bortles could have made a play or two in the 4th are yesterday the jags would be Super Bowl bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand how people think the league fixes games for the Pats. If they cheat, and their cheating makes the league look bad, wouldn't it be in their best interest to fix the games AGAINST the Pats...not for them?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Got old watching the Yankees constantly in the world series. It's old with the Patriots in the play-offs & Superbowl. And would be old if it were the Bears. The struggle is half the fun.

I don't think the league fixes games for the Patriots. But it's difficult to say some of the refs aren't personally biased in their favor. But having watched the refs make awful calls all season long in many different games... the Refs just might suck regardless of the game.

Part of what keeps the Patriots so good is they are always pushing it to the limit. Always looks for new advantages and anything to give them an edge. And they aren't afraid to walk the line of what's within the rules to do it. Sometimes they cross that line and get caught. But that aside the constant striving for excellent is what makes them great.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Got old watching the Yankees constantly in the world series. It's old with the Patriots in the play-offs & Superbowl. And would be old if it were the Bears. The struggle is half the fun.

I don't think the league fixes games for the Patriots. But it's difficult to say some of the refs aren't personally biased in their favor. But having watched the refs make awful calls all season long in many different games... the Refs just might suck regardless of the game.

Part of what keeps the Patriots so good is they are always pushing it to the limit. Always looks for new advantages and anything to give them an edge. And they aren't afraid to walk the line of what's within the rules to do it. Sometimes they cross that line and get caught. But that aside the constant striving for excellent is what makes them great.

This is very true. I would definitely consider spygate cheating but I think deflategate was a witch hunt from the start. A lot of that has to do with their constant success. What is amazing to me is how brilliant bellicheck really is. He is literally prepared for every scenerio.

It's unbelievable how he can consistently take players off of the scrap heap and turn them into household names. Watch the NFL network special "do your job" and you will see first hand how amazing of a coach he is, with or without deflated balls, or video taped signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've enjoyed the Patriots as the NFL heel for the past almost two decades. I enjoy Belichick not giving a shit what anyone thinks, and dominating anyone who gets in their way. I enjoy Brady defying Father Time and the NFL's efforts at parity---also, Brady's quick turn from lovable underdog to the Kylo Ren of the Evil Empire Patriots.

I have no problem saying I like seeing the Patriots win, because sometimes you just have to enjoy watching greatness, and because it's fun to see everyone get their feelings hurt about it.

Also, screw Philly. Don't want them to win shit.

Well fucking said!

mecha

Liked Posts:
one narrative, the NFL is against the Patriots. another narrative is refs are helping them win games. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

fuck the Eagles

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
one narrative, the NFL is against the Patriots. another narrative is refs are helping them win games. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

fuck the Eagles

Unless a ref does so of his own free will, unconnected to NFL wishes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not much parody in the nfl when push comes to shove the delay of game penalty was the beginning of the end for the jags
The vikes omg what a colossal ass kicking totally unexpected with nick foles guiding the ship
Eagles cant beat the pats ..... or can they
Alshon used to be a bear so its bear related
What a day for football

I'm not so sure about that, have you ever seen the Rob Riggle stuff on Fox??

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Brady wouldn't have been able to do this crap in the 70s or 80s...someone would have lit his ass up hard by now...but now every time you touch a WR it's a first down, if you brush against the QB it's a first down....it's a video game league meant to create TD's for fantasy league interest and keep scoring up. It wasn't always like that. I can remember Baltimore winning the SB with Trent Dilfer and that defense and Jerry Angelo made a crack about it and at the time IMO he was correct, but no more.