PC Build Thread

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to upgrade my build!
Current build is Intel/Nvidia based.
I've mostly been an AMD guy and I'm going back.
Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX 6800 are on the way, gonna get MB, Ram, and cooler here and there. Keeping everything else from current system.
Vid card.... holy $$$! But price had dropped and only 2 were left in stock so I pulled trigger.

RAAAWWWRRR!!!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Time to upgrade my build!
Current build is Intel/Nvidia based.
I've mostly been an AMD guy and I'm going back.
Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX 6800 are on the way, gonna get MB, Ram, and cooler here and there. Keeping everything else from current system.
Vid card.... holy $$$! But price had dropped and only 2 were left in stock so I pulled trigger.

RAAAWWWRRR!!!
No Ryzen 7? Been awhile but he 5800x was only a little more the last time I checked...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No Ryzen 7? Been awhile but he 5800x was only a little more the last time I checked...
When I built mine GPUs were stupid expensive, probably still are, I haven't looked in awhile. I ended up going with a Ryzen 7 5700G and am very happy with it. I don't game much on PC, but it does pretty good for integrated graphics.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
When I built mine GPUs were stupid expensive, probably still are, I haven't looked in awhile. I ended up going with a Ryzen 7 5700G and am very happy with it. I don't game much on PC, but it does pretty good for integrated graphics.
I went with the 1080 Ti when I was building mine a few years ago. I remember when I first saw it, it was around $700 and I was like, meh, I'll come back to that later. Yeah, what a mistake that was. Think it finally fell to just under $900 when I pulled the trigger.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Sheesh.. my 2080 a couple o f years ago was only like 400 and it was new back then

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sheesh.. my 2080 a couple o f years ago was only like 400 and it was new back then
To be fair, I got the EVGA Hybrid. https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=1586CB9D-68F5-4962-B273-288606A64A02

Sucked because it was around $700 when I started gathering parts, then GPU prices exploded and it worked it's way to over $1400, went out of stock forever, then I found one around $850-$900 IIRC. Pretty awesome though. Sucks I'm so busy I've barely been able to play games on it lately.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
To be fair, I got the EVGA Hybrid. https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=1586CB9D-68F5-4962-B273-288606A64A02

Sucked because it was around $700 when I started gathering parts, then GPU prices exploded and it worked it's way to over $1400, went out of stock forever, then I found one around $850-$900 IIRC. Pretty awesome though. Sucks I'm so busy I've barely been able to play games on it lately.
I just checked and a 3080 is over $1000.. that's one generation above mine and a year old.. F you crypto miners.

Lucky my GPU is still fine.. I get over 100FPS on Call of Duty.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Watch ryzen vids and saw the 5700g as a capable APU. Saw you vouch for it on here before too. Just wondering why ytse stopped at the Ryzen 5 instead of paying a little more for a Ryzen 7. Ytse doesnt seem to be penny pinching a budget build together, nor do they seem to be on a price 2 performance kick.. perhaps a really good deal too hard to pass up.. idk..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Get a Mac.... bankrupt losers

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
says the guy who oversaw 'million dollar software deals' with United.
You pukes too poor to buy Apple products. Keep buying those $199 computers from Dell at Best Buy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't read what you said because in my opinion, you're already dead.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I can't read what you said because in my opinion, you're already dead.
I can't read your post because you are on ignore and dumber than a bucket of rocks. Hope that helps

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Get a Mac.... bankrupt losers
I've got both. A high end MB Pro that I mostly use when working remotely, but have it hooked up to a big monitor at home, along with the PC I recently built.

Cool thing - Logitech's MX Keys and MX Master 3 mouse have this software called Flow. I can drag my mouse from my PC to Mac and the keyboard automatically picks up between the two OS. You can also copy files and stuff from one to the other natively.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've got both. A high end MB Pro that I mostly use when working remotely, but have it hooked up to a big monitor at home, along with the PC I recently built.

Cool thing - Logitech's MX Keys and MX Master 3 mouse have this software called Flow. I can drag my mouse from my PC to Mac and the keyboard automatically picks up between the two OS. You can also copy files and stuff from one to the other natively.
What I wouldn't give to use that instead of an Azure VM when doing customer task triage

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

I kid Windows users.

But I do have anger from the 90s when Windows 3.1 was total shit and people spent endless hours on support calls and compatibility issues. I worked for the largest Microsoft partner company in the world and even though I got free windows stuff (and still do as a retiree), but prefer to use Mac and pay for the privilege