PC Build Thread

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Asus board have always been champs for me.

Ive messed with asus mobos.. no issues with them. spent years buying used components and rigs... gutting, keeping and flipping shit.... never had a bad mobo from any brand that i didnt know was already fucked beforehand.. some ppl swear by gigabyte but out off all the broken ones that were in deals.. that brand seemed to be a repeat offender.. could also be because of scale too.. lots of them out there...

my board looks okay.. but isnt as stealth looking as yours... which i like better.. but, im cheap and got it bundled...it does have red/yellows in the rgb to match my dhl tape strip looking gpu..

fDfmKfYS7FtVvQ2oFHLyN8.jpg

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I clicked on this the other day (cool stuff btw) and now my YouTube feed is half drone footage of Utah. Lol.
lol. Thanks man! Utah is stunning. I've been there a few times in recent years. I had no idea how diverse the landscape was.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
all my shit minus the gpu came in yesterday.... i wanted to swap cases.. so i drove an hour + instead of shipping it and waiting for days...
since i dont really care for rgb, i decided to go with an old ass man fuck rgb approach.. i wanted to swap the glass version for the solid panel with the extra sound dampening panel model.

i threw it together real quick after post testing.... its fairly quiet on low... do have the mesh front on too.. might be completely silent with the solid panel on the front instead... comes with 3 fans.. i either need 2 more or 5 different ones... want a 5 set up... 3 front intake , with 1 rear and 1 top rear as exhausts.. + there are 2 in push/pull on the cooler.. so 7... could take fans from my old rig but nah..

debating if i want better airflow fans or not... arctic p14s suppose to be better airflow wise.. cheap as shit too.. but noisier.. those noctua industial fans look nice but idk if i want to speed that much on 5 fans...

cause as is, temps are good enough.. idling at 27.9c .. ambient temp is 22c.. had seen these 3700x can idle at 50+ for some ppl.. idk if they are using the stock cooler or what... but ryzen 3xxx idling hot and is a normal thing..

my xeon would idle about the same or a lil less.. smaller cooler but same push/pull set up.. plus 2 extra fans i dont have on this rig atm.. 1 up front and the second rear exhaust..

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know when I'll get to it but I'll have everything for build by this weekend.
Rawr!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I don't know when I'll get to it but I'll have everything for build by this weekend.
Rawr!

i was gonna wait til my easter vacation but since im not ordering rgb everything, mini led panels and shit i just threw it together.. took 20 minutes with cable management.. if that... was really quick with a larger case... be quiet 802 silent is a nice sized case.. decent quality too.. window version was probably better since it gave you hhd cage covers, but didnt open it so i could exchange it easily.. so idk how thick n clear the glass was...

installed win 11, but it seems slightly laggy compared to 10... may go back

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
debating an ultrawide.. anyone got one? likes?

since the fam is getting the old rig.. gonna build them a custom desk when im on vacation.. thinking about giving them the 4k panel i just got too and either getting a 1440p ultrawide or another 32" 4k... the 32" 4k monitor i got sits tooo high imo and blocks the view of my my paper weight transformers... thinking a slightly slimmer ultrawide build with an adjustable height would be better.. but idk anything about 1440p uw vs 4k... jumping from 1080p to 4k was nice.. 1440 p isnt bad imo but.........

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
debating an ultrawide.. anyone got one? likes?

since the fam is getting the old rig.. gonna build them a custom desk when im on vacation too.. thinking about giving them the 4k panel i just got too and either getting a 1440p ultrawide or another 32" 4k... the 32" 4k monitor i got sits tooo high imo and blocks the view of my my paper weight transformers... thinking a slightly slimmer ultrawide build with an adjustable height would be better.. but idk anything about 1440p uw vs 4k... jumping from 1080p to 4k was nice.. 1440 p isnt bad imo but.........
I have one, and I love it. But I don't use it for gaming. It's got a pretty low refresh rate, but the color accuracy is really good, which I care way more about.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I have one, and I love it. But I don't use it for gaming. It's got a pretty low refresh rate, but the color accuracy is really good, which I care way more about.

i see 120 - 144+ hrz in my budget.. dont need 1ms, 4-5 is fine... the 3070 coming will easily hit the 144 fps @ 144 hz @ 1440 in most shit.... i just know alot games dont support uw... i guess i can live with black boxes for some shit... just dunno if its worth paying more for less res... current 4k panel is hdr10, which is a scam.. but also ips.. only 60 mhz.... but im good with that.....

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rocking the Samsung Odyssey G9 over here. 49'' of beauty.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Rocking the Samsung Odyssey G9 over here. 49'' of beauty.

watched some vids on it.. seems nice.. just too big for me.. got tired of my triple monitor set up taking up so much space... i think 34-35 inch may be more my speed if i go uw..

just dunno if i want to drop to 1440p.. will debate after getting my 3070... started finally playing rdr2 today to prepare myself for custom 4k high/ultra.. played the first mission a couple of years ago but moved on to other things.....at high texture and med everything else the rtx 2060 ,not oc'ed, no dssl was spitting out 30-40 fps.. which is playable for games like that.. so im looking forward to seeing what the 3070 can do.. rdr2 does look nice in ultrawide though..

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
watched some vids on it.. seems nice.. just too big for me.. got tired of my triple monitor set up taking up so much space... i think 34-35 inch may be more my speed if i go uw..

just dunno if i want to drop to 1440p.. will debate after getting my 3070... started finally playing rdr2 today to prepare myself for custom 4k high/ultra.. played the first mission a couple of years ago but moved on to other things.....at high texture and med everything else the rtx 2060 ,not oc'ed, no dssl was spitting out 30-40 fps.. which is playable for games like that.. so im looking forward to seeing what the 3070 can do.. rdr2 does look nice in ultrawide though..
I like it much more for non-gaming use but there are some games that are perfect for it. But you can still always just play games windowed. I need to do something about all the heat all of this shit creates.
That's a lot of monitor.

This is the one I'm using now, and it's great for my use case.

and thats not my only monitor. I need all the screen space i can for mass disliking @dabears70

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
was going to buy a Ryzen 9 3950x today cause it was a decent deal, but the flake i was getting from was trying to play me. wanted 125 for it, showed some bs stock photo of someone elses hwinfo and said it was good. i was sceptical to begin with at 125... but maybe he wanted some crack money..

met up and i opened the shell and immediately saw 8-10 bent pins.. he played dumb and was like oh shiiiettt.... did he think i wasnt going to at least look at the pins?? i was like ill give you 20 bucks... he seemed offended.. fucker probably bought one of those bent pin ones on ebay for 130 and tried to pass it on to me... it wasnt missing pins but for 20 id try to bend them back n see if it worked..

why do i need a 16 core chip? i dont.. but that stock clock boost would have been nice.. the 3700x is meh enough... but 3700x might as well be a upscaled ps5 cpu right.............. ps5 are 8/16 zen 2 and equivalent to the 2700x... i need to further separate myself from those console plebs

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Got the colorful rtx 3070 in and going.. quality feel to it..got some weight to it..... idk if i should replace with 3rd party grease or not

but Temps arent bad as is imo.. 34c idle and 60-65 under load.. could undervolt it a tad but meh. still havent added the 2 extra case fans either.. bottom front fan isnt in the best position either.. should lower it to hit the gpu better but meh it will get lowered when i add the other fans...

quickly looked at some fps @ 4k with and without dlss on. no custom fine tuning.. no overclocking either.. will f with that on the weekend..

RDR2 Ultra preset 50-55
RDR2 Ultra preset 58-62 DLSS

FPS may change in night city, Im just at the start in the wasteland whatever area, but cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk Ultra preset 35-40 no DLSS
Cyberpunk Ultra preset Ray tracing/DLSS 50-53
Cyberpunk Ultra preset no Ray tracing, just DLSS 58-61

4k high/ultra looks good.. doubt i drop to 1440p ultrawide. 5k2k would be on the radar if it wasnt so costly. if i was sitting on pounds of weed and gamed 10+ hours a day.. maybe... or worked from home all day... but for what i do, nah.....will look at 5k2k once one of the lesser known asian brands like prism+ drops one in the 5-700 range with all the tech..

3070 is good enough imo, but wished i got the 3080 just to keep it 1-2 years longer than the 3070... the difference would have been just keeping my old cpu/mobo/ram.. which in reality would have been a similar computing experience.. i mean i could have upgraded to a 8 core xeon for 40 bucks and got the 3080 and would have still been around the same price if i wanted more cores.... as is, im grateful and will rock the 3070 for a few years.. use to be a 1080p snob and thought 1440p/4k were pointless... now i dont see myself going less than 4k.. the family 1080p rig screen looks like shit to me now..

Best part of this upgrade... well it was basically a full build.. is the be quiet case.. its quiet

dunno if im going to sell the rtx 2060 or not.. sold the familys rx 580 for twice what i paid for it when i off loaded my stash of gpus during the great gpu gold rush.....left them with a gt 730 in the process.... they dont game on it but the kid will sooner rather than later... rtx 2060 is a decent enough entry level 4k gaming card.....

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
been having flashbacks to the late 90s/early 2000s.

ive only had my 4k panel briefly and played most titles at 1440p with the rtx 2060.....but jumping from 1080p to ultra 4k reminds me of the amazement of jumping from some on board graphic media accelerator to my first agp radeon 7000? or whatever it was.... whenever mafia came out.. had pcs from commodore 64 etc.. but that was my first hand built with a graphic card...

the colorful has been okay.. heating isnt as bad as i had read,,,, left the pc on for 20 something hours the other day.. normally it goes to sleep but had a cursor over a video that kept cycling and previewing the vid so the monitor n pc never went night nite.. played rdr2 @4k ultra for hours after and it was peaking at 65c.....

if youre ever in hk or come across an imported colorful igame gpu.. its worth a pick up

built the wife a custom desk this week and that 1080p monitor is bothering me.. so i have to replace it.. may get a 1440 ultrawide to test out and see if i can f with it or not... guud i keep, bad fam gets.. idk.. maybe just get them 4k too... but something needs to happen.. 1080p reminding me of a shitty bloated looking safe mode screen..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
building the fam a new desk and upgrading their shit has brought me to their speaker situation.... fucks got some sad logitech ls21s.... thought about giving them my hard hitting thx logitechs and getting myself something else.. maybe some prebuilt or building out a mini amp, bookshelfs n sub set up

would this 7.2 2000+ watt sony prebuilt be too much for my office pc set up?? im really on the fence...

imagehandler.jpg

i might have to get rid of some transformers to fit it, but christ, that would be obscene as fuck..... especially since i rock headphones 75% of the time.. plus would have to paint that silver, black

$221 used.....the deals in hong kong ....

Last edited: