PC Build Thread

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
imma have to drunk nap on it cause as whisky as i am... mind is telling me no... but my body,,,,,,,,

not safe for the golden shower sensitive..

anywho...

i cant really find reviews playing the music id bump nor any with quality recording mics... but,,, man,., "the value"

i got cash in hand from selling my rtx 2060 to some sucka... so essentially id get these plus a hundo and some ....

@5:26 for some shitty mic bass

Last edited:

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
imma have to drunk nap on it cause as whisky as i am... mind is telling me no... but my body,,,,,,,,

not safe for the golden shower sensitive..

anywho...

i cant really find reviews playing the music id bump nor any with quality recording mics... but,,, man,., "the value"

i got cash in hand from selling my rtx 2060 to some sucka... so essentially id get these plus a hundo and some ....

@5:26 for some shitty mic bass

Holy crap... you could blow womens clothes off with that

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Holy crap... you could blow womens clothes off with that

yeah.. i told fucks imma come look at it after i sober up... will see..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
went and looked at those speakers.. all the guy was missing was a fog machine and it would have been party time...

was still buzzed and the designated driver, aka the old lady talked me out of them.. not because of how large it was, i def could have fit it in my office... but she reminded me of fact i generally use headphones.. i prefer speakers but learned by using headphones that it lessens the wife/kid cross house shout outs.. now they come to me with their shit instead of making me walk...

will regret passing up on these.. i member when they released years ago they were 5 times as much... sure some audiophile will be like just because its loud and powerful doesnt make them good.. idc.. when im 80 n deaf, clarity etc is the last thing id be worried about..

would have been sweet to use the vr surrounded by 2000watts of 7.2 though...

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just bought one of those mini Chinese PCs for a htpc entertainment centre. Nice silver aluminum case, about 10" x 7" and 2" tall. I7 9700F, gtx 1650 4G, 32 Gb ram and a 1TB m2 nvme ssd. $1100 CAD, no duties, no tax. I'm impressed. ADATA Ram, MSI GTX, and Samsung ssd.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Those speakers seem like such overkill and it takes up so much room. I just have a small soundbar under my monitor. $25 and gets the job done.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Those speakers seem like such overkill and it takes up so much room. I just have a small soundbar under my monitor. $25 and gets the job done.

it is overkill and would be obscene as shit in my office.. that was part of the allure though... i need more than a small sound bar.. even though i rock headphones most of the time, when the house is empty, my speakers are bumping... i need a 2.1 or 3.1 with some bass.. loud 2.0 is suffice too if they are pushing a lil bass...

been in tilt all day passing up on that sea of plastic.. so i wasted hours today trying to lowball everyone selling speakers my area.. i think they are all talking to one another.. other than that pile of sony plastic.. there really arent any deals... especially for the mid/quality shit.. tons of bs surround sound deals featuring those old thin tower designs. some would be worth it just for the bluray player...n plenty of cheap sound bars, but nah....

i live in the boonies like arlington.. if i were willing to drive 2+ hours.. theres plenty of shit to be had... especially if you are buying bulk pieces like floor speakers......everyone seem to be on the lesser space sound bar kick or going back to 2.1.....but im just too lazy.... plus its not a pressing matter. i could just buy the fam some cheap logitech z200s , keep mine and call it a day.. they dont need much more...

but i already have a chinese amp running the home gym that i can use temporally.. its only 2 channel so i would have to get another for long term build outlook. unless i find a powered sub with speaker in/out i can run it through.....hmmmmmm... but im looking for something with at least 4 channels.. i did see a cheap one with two sub outs.. one passive and one active.. but watts are too low.. however i could use that 3 hook up for a center and just get a powered sub for the active out... need a consumer goal... cause boredom...

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
1440p ultrawide is meh..

Picked up an AOC CU34G2X 34" UW today... part of the replace the fams 1080p 23" agenda...this screen resolution is shit compared to 4k...

RDR2 looks okay at 1440p ultrawide. im getting 144 fps, ultra @ 144hz... but compared to 4k,its meh. I can say its smoother vs 60 hz 4k, but it isnt that great compared to the loss of 4k resolution... for a lil extra screen grease, i dont think its worth the resolution reduction. Been on RDR2 for 30-40 hrs recently, so i noticed the resolution differences fairly easily..

Havent played pubg g in like a year or 2.. idk.. long time GI.. I can say the ultrawide is nice to a degree.. instead of doing half turns to look left/right really quick.. a quick 1/8 turn works wonders.. def would give a person an advantage in fps titles..

i do prefer the 21:9 ratio though... and i feel it fits better on my desk....gonna be a tough call if i want to keep this or give it to the fam and take the 4k panel back...

could have just stayed with the rtx 2060 for 1440p...

the industry and the way they slowly trickle tech so they can rake change... reviewers pounding the table for 1440p uw are in on it... TBH 4k is superior...8k is better than that etc etc.. whatev.. but i constantly see ppl preaching 1440p as the sweet spot for gaming.. it isnt...

5k2k would be the ultrawide for me.. regardless of what i do with this screen... def gonna get a 5k2k when they hit mass sheeple prices...

noticed the chinese speakers visualization is decent while playing pug g.. pingin n homing in on fucks ez... not bad for cheap unknown chinese shit..

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I got a little 2.1 setup and that's way more than enough for my office. They actually sound great and get pretty loud for what I paid for them. Can't imagine going any bigger than that.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I got a little 2.1 setup and that's way more than enough for my office. They actually sound great and get pretty loud for what I paid for them. Can't imagine going any bigger than that.

some ppl are plebs some ppl rock the cheap Chinese goods..

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your setup is weak bro and its honestly holding you back from reaching your ultimate modding potential.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like all the new gen GPUs are finally in stock everywhere. Been getting notifications on deals from NewEgg and Amazon. Was close to grabbing a 3080 because im an idiot but im gonna wait till August to see whats up with the next lineup.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still rocking a AMD 3800x with 32 megs viper steel series pc 4400 DDR, and a 1 TB Rocket drive. all on a MSI MEG x570 Unify. I had a power color 5700 Xt I purchased in the day for $485, but when the video card market went crazy, I flea bayed it for $1100.00. Dropped in a AMD 580 I had laying around and been using that ever since. Now that prices are again becoming more reasonable, I will drop dime on a 5800x and a new vid card. I don't game much, so I am thinking a 6700 XT will suffice, and after I sell the 3800 x and 580, the overall cost of this upgrade will be pennies, I might even still be ahead.

Not big on cases, I still love my modded coolermaster haf-xb with an artic liquid freezer II 360.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Looks like all the new gen GPUs are finally in stock everywhere. Been getting notifications on deals from NewEgg and Amazon. Was close to grabbing a 3080 because im an idiot but im gonna wait till August to see whats up with the next lineup.

at 1440, the 3080 is overkill. the 3070 i bought is being wasted imo.. sure high/ultra @ 144hz @ 1440p but i miss 4k..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Been holding out looking for a cheap ryzen 9 to upgrade my rig so i could pawn off the ryzen 7 on the family rig, but i havent really been looking and came across another deal in the china.

youngest wants to learn to build a pc so I went looking for something quick n cheap. looked all over the china and found

Used Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
Used Ryzen 5 3500x (that china released ryzen)
Kingston Fury 16gb DDR 4
Team Group gen 3/4 M.2 512 gb

160 shipped from the china.

could have saved 50 dolla buying older but still new x370, A320s and maybe a used earlier gen ryzen. there was some other used b450s cheap, but meh. the xeon in the current family rig is nearly equal to a ryzen 2600 as is. however 160 is good enough value imo. well idk, the e5 1650v2 can be had for 10 dolla... p2p champ...

this will be there shit for the next 5 years though. maybe more ram and a gpu upgrade at some point but yeah... set n forget.... hopefully the shit works when i get around to it though.. if doa IM sol, cause shipping back to the china doesnt make sense $ wise..

Gonna gut the rest of the shit from the family rig in place, case, psu, fans , ssd's, hhds, gpu . basic upgrade in a sense. but will pull it all apart so the offspring can learn hardware lego.

Replacing a still capable Xeon E5-1650V2 (X79 platform) 32 gb ddr3 in quad channel. CPU is only really a 15-20% upgrade going by synthetics. the 3500x is only 6 core 6 thread vs the 6 core 12 threaded xeon its replacing too.. 32 gb ddr 3 in quad vs 16gb ddr 4 in dual is a push.......but newer instruction sets, more power efficient etc.. but meh upgrade in reality for what itll be used for in the interim.

i have a growing xeon graveyard.. sad to see this one die too..

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Been holding out looking for a cheap ryzen 9 to upgrade my rig so i could pawn off the ryzen 7 on the family rig, but i havent really been looking and came across another deal in the china.

youngest wants to learn to build a pc so I went looking for something quick n cheap. looked all over the china and found

Used Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
Used Ryzen 5 3500x (that china released ryzen)
Kingston Fury 16gb DDR 4
Team Group gen 3/4 M.2 512 gb

160 shipped from the china.

could have saved 50 dolla buying older but still new x370, A320s and maybe a used earlier gen ryzen. there was some other used b450s cheap, but meh. the xeon in the current family rig is nearly equal to a ryzen 2600 as is. however 160 is good enough value imo. well idk, the e5 1650v2 can be had for 10 dolla... p2p champ...

this will be there shit for the next 5 years though. maybe more ram and a gpu upgrade at some point but yeah... set n forget.... hopefully the shit works when i get around to it though.. if doa IM sol, cause shipping back to the china doesnt make sense $ wise..

Gonna gut the rest of the shit from the family rig in place, case, psu, fans , ssd's, hhds, gpu . basic upgrade in a sense. but will pull it all apart so the offspring can learn hardware lego.

Replacing a still capable Xeon E5-1650V2 (X79 platform) 32 gb ddr3 in quad channel. CPU is only really a 15-20% upgrade going by synthetics. the 3500x is only 6 core 6 thread vs the 6 core 12 threaded xeon its replacing too.. 32 gb ddr 3 in quad vs 16gb ddr 4 in dual is a push.......but newer instruction sets, more power efficient etc.. but meh upgrade in reality for what itll be used for in the interim.

i have a growing xeon graveyard.. sad to see this one die too..
Can it play Doom?