[Pelissero] Luke Getsy named the head coach of Senior Bowl

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like this a lot. The Bears draft 4 players from the Senior Bowl last year (Braxton, Velus, Carter, Robinson) and signed Weatherford to the 53 after cuts. So they definitely did a lot of scouting here last year. This just provides a little extra insight to players and how they fit the scheme and learn terminology, at least on offense.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know why Getsy was selected as HC?

I thought it might be because he is a coordinator on the worst team, but the DC for Raiders is the other coach, and Raiders weren’t second worse. It would have been someone from the Texans.

Anyone know?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@JordanSigler , totally missed opportunity for,"Getsy brought in to fill HC vacancy," thread

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know why Getsy was selected as HC?

I thought it might be because he is a coordinator on the worst team, but the DC for Raiders is the other coach, and Raiders weren’t second worse. It would have been someone from the Texans.

Anyone know?
Head coaches and general managers from all non-playoff teams had the opportunity to nominate assistant coaches and those candidates were then selected by a group comprised of league office executives, representatives from the General Managers Advisory Committee, and Senior Bowl leadership.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Head coaches and general managers from all non-playoff teams had the opportunity to nominate assistant coaches and those candidates were then selected by a group comprised of league office executives, representatives from the General Managers Advisory Committee, and Senior Bowl leadership.
Thanks!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Weirdest “forgot to change alt” sequence I’ve ever seen here.