People forgot how good Mahomes looked in last SB w/o

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thinking this post would fit right into any other of a number of threads on same subject.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His starting Tackles. Reid also pulled a Nagy by not relying on running game. Offense scored 9 points. I’ll give Fields a chance and see what he can do with competent coaching and O-line.
Fields is gonna be fine

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I may not be willing to watch the Bears suck with Nagy but I haven't given up on Fields in his rookie year. People really need to get over the desire to dump rookies instantly, especially Bears fans who tend to have no clue about anything on the offensive side of the ball.

Consider how many on CCS wanted to go all in on defense the instant we got Trubisky and then played along with the FO BS about how all the FAs were making big moves to fix the offense for the new QB like a few players nobody wanted made up for trading away the draft for the whole rookie QB's contract.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not ready to dump him. I am concerned he may not be what we all hoped though…
Watson was never good - you
Mahomes is a product of Tyreek Hill - you

Please just say Fields will never be elite.

mecha

Liked Posts:
His starting Tackles. Reid also pulled a Nagy by not relying on running game. Offense scored 9 points. I’ll give Fields a chance and see what he can do with competent coaching and O-line.
for the people that are trendwhoring on the topic of "omgzzzzz we need a quarterback!" like the quarterback alone is going to be the difference maker...

yes, the guy you all anointed the savior, the biggest [Pace] draft miss ever, and greatest quarterback in recorded history = non-factor in Super Bowl after getting his dick slammed in a car door repeatedly by... oh yeah, the Buccaneers defense.

you can call it a meatball take, but defense literally still wins championships. you may all commence with hating me again and my day will continue on as usual.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
for the people that are trendwhoring on the topic of "omgzzzzz we need a quarterback!" like the quarterback alone is going to be the difference maker...

yes, the guy you all anointed the savior, the biggest [Pace] draft miss ever, and greatest quarterback in recorded history = non-factor in Super Bowl after getting his dick slammed in a car door repeatedly by... oh yeah, the Buccaneers defense.

you can call it a meatball take, but defense literally still wins championships. you may all commence with hating me again and my day will continue on as usual.
I'd agree defense still wins Championships. One can point to the decimated line of the Chiefs from the last SB as the reason they got blown out but that weakness was greatly compounded by a very good Bucs defense.

Think of the GOAT, Mr. Brady. Is he really the GOAT? Certainly not the strongest or even most accurate arm ever. Damn sure not the most athletic QB ever. What he had in New England for all those many years was the 2 things that made the success all the more likely, solid protection and good Defense throughout.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'd agree defense still wins Championships. One can point to the decimated line of the Chiefs from the last SB as the reason they got blown out but that weakness was greatly compounded by a very good Bucs defense.

Think of the GOAT, Mr. Brady. Is he really the GOAT? Certainly not the strongest or even most accurate arm ever. Damn sure not the most athletic QB ever. What he had in New England for all those many years was the 2 things that made the success all the more likely, solid protection and good Defense throughout.
I think he has benefitted from complimentary football. Which is sadly something the Bears haven't had consistently in years. 2006 was the closest they've been in the modern era.

mecha

Liked Posts:

he took a pay cut to outfit the team with better players. I guess that's the reason he has 6 Super Bowl wins with the Patriots and Rodgers only has 1 with the Packers. Brady will tell you he's not physically gifted, he makes up for it with work ethic and intelligence. the Patriots are still probably the most cherry/organized team to play for. I'm curious how far they go with Jones.

that owes to another point though with the Chiefs, you can have a great quarterback with bad offensive line and the great quarterback isn't so great anymore. Rodgers and Watson are probably among the best examples that thrived despite those conditions. any quarterback can get rattled if you get in their face a lot.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m not ready to dump him. I am concerned he may not be what we all hoped though…
What is it about him that concerns you?

I'm not really worried about him. It's this house of cards around him that he has to deal with every week that worries me.

A new president, GM, and head coach would go a long way.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What is it about him that concerns you?

I'm not really worried about him. It's this house of cards around him that he has to deal with every week that worries me.

A new president, GM, and head coach would go a long way.
I hope so. But I see a guy who really hasn’t grown at all in the mental part of the game. Reading defenses, playing under control, etc. nNo doubt some, probably even a lot, has to do with the coaching and scheme. But I have a serious concern part of that is on Fields himself.

The entire point of having him play this season was growth…

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope so. But I see a guy who really hasn’t grown at all in the mental part of the game. Reading defenses, playing under control, etc. nNo doubt some, probably even a lot, has to do with the coaching and scheme. But I have a serious concern part of that is on Fields himself.

Telling me this when even coaches are not adjusting. It’s really hard to read a defense when pocket breaks down in under 3.5 seconds. I do see improvements but they are incremental.

This team is not plug and play. Bears had issues with O-line, WRs, TEs, and coaching. That’s a lot of issues to overcome and still trying to get used to the NFL speed.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

So the same problems the last drafted QB had.
It's possible we drafted the same QB problems twice in a row. It's also possible the disease spreader didn't leave with the last QB and it's highly contagious.

My money is on Nagy. If it is (also) Pace I'd be willing to get rid of him if getting rid of Nagy isn't the fix, before he gets idea that he gets a third try. (I'm willing to get rid of Pace at the moment too, I'm just indifferent about him, but Nagy has been a problem since he got here. He's never put the team in the best position to win.)