Perimeter players

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Rose has got ta do better. i wanna give him a pass because the eye thing took away his pre season, but those are the breaks. u put your foot in your mouth and killed any rope during the first day of media for the season. 8 points ain't gonna cut it plain and simple. Where are u. hell contract?? Not playing that way u won't.

Butler maybe the Worst SHOOTING guard. I mean he is a poor shooter. He looked better last season from the start. Half the time no arch to his shot. Really needs to exclusively work on his shooting instead of wanting to be a point guard.

Tony Snell was supposed to be a good shooter for this team. I'm always surprised when his high arching shot goes in. Not because i think he can;t shoot, but rather because he plays like a frightened rabbit more times then not. Was he bullied as a kid? Plays like a rigid scared robot. Would like to see McDermott start for a change. i know i'm grasping because of his lack of defense but would take his offense as of now.

With the new coach i hope we bring a new philosophy for mid season trades. If the Nets are gonna be as bad as i think they will be i would take a look at joe johnson on his last year. Maybe a pick to Miami for Gerald Green.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler is not a bad shooter. He's a sufficient shooter. Tony Snell has a nice release. He's a better player than McDermott (at least at this point).

Rose does have to do better. No excuse for the last possession of regulation where he dribbles out the clock and takes a long contested jumper. He should have attacked.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You're not the first to critique any of this.

But please don't tell me you're just going to bitch and moan about everything that you can find wrong. Then when you're tired of that, play armchair GM. Rinse repeat.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Butler is not a bad shooter. He's a sufficient shooter. Tony Snell has a nice release. He's a better player than McDermott (at least at this point).

Rose does have to do better. No excuse for the last possession of regulation where he dribbles out the clock and takes a long contested jumper. He should have attacked.

Based on Hoiberg's reaction -- might be the last time we see that in a while. He looked pissed...stomping his foot for Rose to get going. Never understood why players wait until it's a buzzer-beater. Shoot with 3 seconds left...at least give your team the put-back opportunity.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're not the first to critique any of this.

But please don't tell me you're just going to bitch and moan about everything that you can find wrong. Then when you're tired of that, play armchair GM. Rinse repeat.

I think it is perfectly fair to critique this team. I, for one, questioned its make-up in an up tempo game which supposedly Freddie has. In that kind of game, I think that you need to have guys that can bury some jumpshots and I do not see the Bulls having these kind of guys. That is what pissed me off in the Pistons game. Freddie left Gasol and Rose in at the end of that game and in OT and both couldn't hit the side of the barn. They need to go out and make a trade for a legit shooting guard and/or combo guard or a switchable SF.

Garfield Goose and friend has its coach buddy in tow now. They managed to not give him the talent that fits his "plan". That is still on them. The square pegs into round holes don't usually work, though.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think it is perfectly fair to critique this team. I, for one, questioned its make-up in an up tempo game which supposedly Freddie has. In that kind of game, I think that you need to have guys that can bury some jumpshots and I do not see the Bulls having these kind of guys. That is what pissed me off in the Pistons game. Freddie left Gasol and Rose in at the end of that game and in OT and both couldn't hit the side of the barn. They need to go out and make a trade for a legit shooting guard and/or combo guard or a switchable SF.

Garfield Goose and friend has its coach buddy in tow now. They managed to not give him the talent that fits his "plan". That is still on them. The square pegs into round holes don't usually work, though.

Riiiiiiight....because Curry and Klay Thompson are under contract. I think at this point you complain just to complain. The one "square peg" on this team is the one you advocate playing in the 4th quarter of Friday's game while sitting Rose...who can definitely thrive in this system. Unbelievable how some of you want to give up on the backcourt after a 2-1 start. Good grief.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Let's play "WIZARD of OZ" with our starting wings.
Rose sight/time machine
Butler shooting practice
Snell obviously courage/heart

And Crystallas what do u think a message board is for? Yes i do think i could be a better G.M. Gerald Green would have been a bull this year, Noah would have been immediately traded after his "M.V.P" season to the first sucker that lined up. D.J Augustin would still be a bull instead of Aaron hogball brookes. Besides Gasol i would have i don't know gotten another legit 7footer and not these 6'9 bench guys. Hoiberg would have been here at least a year earlier because i was team Gar/pax when our dumb coach was playing guys 40 minutes in the preseason and heavy minutes regular season because he had his teacher pet players.ie Noah,Hinirich,Butler. Hell he almost killed Deng. lol.... that's not funny :crying:

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
People talk about Rose's bad play at the end of the game but what about the great bench that has under performed really in these first 3 games. Especially McDermott.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And Crystallas what do u think a message board is for?

:thinking:
Well video games and fantasy-type games do exist for playing GM. Complaining all the time, well that's not what this board is for, although some businesses that make products do have message boards for customers to complain but this is nothing like that. Also, seeing how this is an archived text-based document and on the internet, it's somewhat useless to repeat the same things over and over due to the fact that everything in text here doesn't go away when you shake it like an etchasketch. tl;dr Do you need a box of tissues?

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
i'm not him by any stretch. A veteran team that can't use it's experience over a young Detroit team doesn't get many excuses from my way. This team just isn't mentally smart and it's been that way for some years now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Riiiiiiight....because Curry and Klay Thompson are under contract. I think at this point you complain just to complain. The one "square peg" on this team is the one you advocate playing in the 4th quarter of Friday's game while sitting Rose...who can definitely thrive in this system. Unbelievable how some of you want to give up on the backcourt after a 2-1 start. Good grief.

Give up? I am not saying give up anything. I just think that Butler really is not a shooting guard per se. I think he can be one of the top three SFs in all of basketball. But what is your problem with bringing in a SG who can..............SHOOT? They need a guy who can shoot to make this "plan" work. Garfield needs to make a trade if this team is going to go anywhere.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on Hoiberg's reaction -- might be the last time we see that in a while. He looked pissed...stomping his foot for Rose to get going. Never understood why players wait until it's a buzzer-beater. Shoot with 3 seconds left...at least give your team the put-back opportunity.

I think that Rose thought he was Jordan there. Unfortuantely for him and the Bulls, he is no Jordan.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rose had what zero points going into the 4th quarter. Then he made a few lay-ups. They let the play clock dwindle down to nothing and then Rose throws up a brick. Why not run a play with that "motion offense" of Freddie. Hopefully Freddie grows as a coach and a leader of this team and not defer to Rose and whoever.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Crystallas u are correct. We should not engage in mentioning our teams good or bad players, decisions on a message board. Nor should we suggest players that could have been great assets for bargain prices for the team we root for. Just continue to watch the parade go by as we have since the Jordan era. gotcha :lmao:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Or be logical and rational. Which is my suggestion. But you don't like either of those options, let alone both. And I understand why, because it requires a minimum amount of intelligence to apply any sense of proportion.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine how Houston fans must feel

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine how Houston fans must feel

Dude, I watched them last night because I took them at +4. Looked great in the first half. The second half was unreal. They gave no fucks. Harden looked like he gave up on the season already. He wouldn't run on the fast breaks. He was taking long 3's and I watched guys jump over him for rebounds in the 4th. They had the worst body language I have ever seen from a team 3 games into the season. It was crazy.