Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Granada

Liked Posts:
Good news. I don't know Davidson all that well obviously, but for whatever reason, I hope they bring someone else in, maybe with a little more experience.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear Ryan Pace is available
But then we have to replace him with someone younger and better looking and Ryan Poles is already taken.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
It’s either going to be Chelios or Olczyk.

I can’t see any big name chomping at the bit to fix the sinking ship Blowman put this franchise in.

Chelios will bring back Keenan-esque, grindy and goons while Eddie Doh will talk about how great everyone is that he aquires then bitch about his colon when he’s binge eating soft serve.

There aren’t any big names out there

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn’t Eddie just go to the hospital with heart issues, or am I imagining that.

I would try to pluck someone from TB Front Office, or maybe Washington FO. Both have had sustained success for a hot minute. Preferably TB

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would try to pluck someone from TB Front Office, or maybe Washington FO. Both have had sustained success for a hot minute. Preferably TB
What about the cat from Jeapordy who is like the third best contestant ever and a sports bettor. Nobody has had the balls to be associated with him yet but but several teams have done some inquiring.
if your looking for the smartest sports mind available I would start there.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I’d kick the tires on Dean Lombardi and see if he wants to take over a team instead of the Cush position he has with the Flyers.

Bring back puck possession hockey

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Kind of think this makes Eddie Doh the front runner.

I really don’t know how much these guys bring to the table when selecting a GM since none of them have experience as GM’s.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I hope not. I know he beat cancer.

Granada

Liked Posts:

I really don’t know how much these guys bring to the table when selecting a GM since none of them have experience as GM’s.
Why? Doesn't really make sense that they would make him a part of the search committee, only to give him the job.

I'd rather have guys like Hossa, Sharp, and Olczyk helping the GM search than the same suits/geniuses who promoted Bowman of all people. Anyone can lay an egg, including these guys, but still.

If they pick Chelios though, I will flip my shit.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

VVV
Why? Doesn't really make sense that they would make him a part of the search committee, only to give him the job.

I'd rather have guys like Hossa, Sharp, and Olczyk helping the GM search than the same suits/geniuses who promoted Bowman of all people. Anyone can lay an egg, including these guys, but still.

If they pick Chelios though, I will flip my shit.
That is my thought on the process: For as much as he needs to stop it right there about the soft serve, Eddie O does know hockey--especially the modern game. Sharp as well--he seemed to have gotten to All-star level by learning the game and doing what needs to be done rather than relying on innate talent and things just coming to him. This could be exemplified in Hossa as well. They know the game, they know the needs in Today's game, and I think more so with respect to Sharp and Hossa they were there for a lot of Bowman's mistakes. They could also take an objective look at where the 'hawks are and make educated guesses about where they need to move for future success, as well as being able to give input as to which GM's can likely move them in that direction and ones doing a Stan Bowman-like horse-trading act.

There's also rumblings that by letting these guys advise that it's insulating the Wirtzes, but still I'll be a bloody ray of fuckin' sunshine and think that they are doing this to bring actual hockey minds into the equation.