My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These clowns are set to destroy this franchise for the next century:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Interesting. But if this Tulsky is the latest wunderkid, why here? If it's me, I bide my time, avoid the moving hassle and take over the Cane's job. A better run organization and doesn't lead the league in gay trainers.
Well it's the same reason why a guy like Torchetti left the Hawks at the time and went to a weaker organization with a weaker team, even though it was the same position: because he knew he couldn't usurp Q to move up, and saw a better opportunity to do so with Atlanta. Maybe Tulsky knows he can't move up to GM with the Canes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well it's the same reason why a guy like Torchetti left the Hawks at the time and went to a weaker organization with a weaker team, even though it was the same position: because he knew he couldn't usurp Q to move up, and saw a better opportunity to do so with Atlanta. Maybe Tulsky knows he can't move up to GM with the Canes.
Beat me to it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of GM interviews...apparently they interviewed a baseball guy. Did they forget what happened the last time we had a baseball guy running things? Yes, I went there.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Speaking of GM interviews...apparently they interviewed a baseball guy. Did they forget what happened the last time we had a baseball guy running things? Yes, I went there.
Greenberg knows his shit.

The Cubs farm system went from drizzling shits to stacked A levels under his watch. He can evaluate young talent which is the one thing the Hawks cannot do with Kelly.

Worst case scenario is still better then the shit running things currently into the ground.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks have been kidding themselves for a few years, we are seeing reality hit the gears finally and it’s not pretty.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Greenberg knows his shit.

The Cubs farm system went from drizzling shits to stacked A levels under his watch. He can evaluate young talent which is the one thing the Hawks cannot do with Kelly.

Worst case scenario is still better then the shit running things currently into the ground.
Hockey talent or Baseball talent? :sneaky:

Seriously though if the 'hawks do decide to go with another non-hockey GM, my only hope is that they surround themselves with hockey minds and actually listen to them (and not pretend that they are the smartest guy in the room).

I still think Tulsty is the one the 'hawks should be targeting, and Chia should be 100% off of the table.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So “Ares and Rask” or some Tulsty dweeb freak to apply Collitons avacado cleanse, got it. Solid couple of front runners.

Ares would sniff out all the Rats in the building within a week.

Wherever they keep Wirtz locked up I hope the Hawks brass let him have twice daily yard walks and a daily therapy animal visit.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Seriously though if the 'hawks do decide to go with another non-hockey GM, my only hope is that they surround themselves with hockey minds and actually listen to them (and not pretend that they are the smartest guy in the room).

I still think Tulsty is the one the 'hawks should be targeting, and Chia should be 100% off of the table.
Actually, before Rocky shit himself during the same townhall, Danny made this interesting point about the future GM -- he basically said that he'll have complete autonomy (paraphrasing). For instance, they are not hiring a "President of Hockey Operations" because, as Danny said, they don't want multiple people involved in trades/acquisitions/etc., as they had in the past. You never really knew who was responsible for certain moves, especially when McD was in town; then you had Papa Scotty, etc. Danny said the Hawks want to get away from that, and I actually really like that.

So if that is indeed the case, I would hope they don't hire Greenburg. Unless the guy does indeed have some hockey knowledge we don't know about, but right now, I'd prefer someone who does.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, before Rocky shit himself during the same townhall, Danny made this interesting point about the future GM -- he basically said that he'll have complete autonomy (paraphrasing). For instance, they are not hiring a "President of Hockey Operations" because, as Danny said, they don't want multiple people involved in trades/acquisitions/etc., as they had in the past. You never really knew who was responsible for certain moves, especially when McD was in town; then you had Papa Scotty, etc. Danny said the Hawks want to get away from that, and I actually really like that.

So if that is indeed the case, I would hope they don't hire Greenburg. Unless the guy does indeed have some hockey knowledge we don't know about, but right now, I'd prefer someone who does.
My point on that was not so much that there's someone above him, but rather below him. If you get someone who is a Numbers/Management GM but is weak on the hockey side, you'd hope they would have advisors that they would listen to--i.e. scouts, development, and whatnot. Any decent manager should know that they don't know everything and should want to surround themselves who fill in the gaps with knowledge they lack--as advisors from below.

So if Greenburg would be the dude I'd seriously hope he would pull in hockey minds into assistant GM roles. If not, he'll be a Bowman retread.

I still think Tulsty should be the guy, though ;)

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Talents talent. The one thing Kelly can’t do is evaluate it any more so right now even a baseball guy would be an upgrade.

But, I wouldn’t sleep on Greenberg. He has a hockey history and his dad has tried to buy NHL teams in the past. Some leaker came out on Twitter saying he’s the guy the Hawks are leaning had me looking into the guy and I can’t say this wouldn’t be a bad hire. He’s an analytical guy just like Tulsky with a world title on his resume. He might be the crown jewel of the interviews.

As for “hockey minds”, I’m 100% for having analytical minds instead of hockey guys already. It’s 2022. When your hand picked stooge brigade is telling you Chia and Mellanby that’s more then enough proof for me to not listen.

You drafted a bust in Kirby Dach over Seider a top pairing defenseman and Zegras a top line forward, you had to trade for a top pairing defenseman in Jones because the guy you thought would be a top pairing guy was a complete bust in Bustvist who is playing third pairing minutes even though he scored two goals in one game here and the forum mules were carrying those saddlebags around for weeks here.

The “hockey minds” in this org suck. Overhaul everything

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My point on that was not so much that there's someone above him, but rather below him. If you get someone who is a Numbers/Management GM but is weak on the hockey side, you'd hope they would have advisors that they would listen to--i.e. scouts, development, and whatnot. Any decent manager should know that they don't know everything and should want to surround themselves who fill in the gaps with knowledge they lack--as advisors from below.

So if Greenburg would be the dude I'd seriously hope he would pull in hockey minds into assistant GM roles. If not, he'll be a Bowman retread.

I still think Tulsty should be the guy, though ;)
Well,here ya go.....

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well,here ya go.....

If you read the comments in that same article, the third one from the top sounds about right.

I'm still uneasy about hiring anyone outside of hockey for the role. Don't you have to have at least some knowledge of the players in this league? Maybe she does, but if not, why even consider her and the Cubs guy?

I don't know, I'm just not wild about any of these names out there. Tulsky and Darche are the ones that stand out, I think I'd be okay with either of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You get Tulsky and hope he signs Paul Maurice as his head coach. Since they usually bring in their own people and him he knows very well from Carolina days. I can't get excited about this trade deadline anyways, I don't see much happening anyways maybe the Flower , but other than that it's a sellers market with the cap so flat which means theirs a lot better options than hawks UFA's. I can't see anyone giving more than a 4th Rd for CDH at least if I was a team I wouldn't. Strome has looked good since they gave him linemates again but still again do you see 2nd 3rd rounder for him?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you read the comments in that same article, the third one from the top sounds about right.

I'm still uneasy about hiring anyone outside of hockey for the role. Don't you have to have at least some knowledge of the players in this league? Maybe she does, but if not, why even consider her and the Cubs guy?

I don't know, I'm just not wild about any of these names out there. Tulsky and Darche are the ones that stand out, I think I'd be okay with either of them.
I agree with Tulsty or Darche who should be the frontrunners.

My only hope is if they go with a non-hockey GM like the last generation, that the GM in question hires on NEW hockey minds because our current hockey braintrust sucks, and that they actually listen to them and don't pretend that they are the smartest one in the room. BUT, if they did that and stuck to what they knew (i.e. finance, PR, analytics, etc.), I'd be okay with it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with Tulsty or Darche who should be the frontrunners.

My only hope is if they go with a non-hockey GM like the last generation, that the GM in question hires on NEW hockey minds because our current hockey braintrust sucks, and that they actually listen to them and don't pretend that they are the smartest one in the room. BUT, if they did that and stuck to what they knew (i.e. finance, PR, analytics, etc.), I'd be okay with it.
I don't like the sound of that because......
The CEO ain't a hockey person
The Pres of Biz opps ain't a hockey person
There'll be no Pres of Hockey opps
The current GM ain't really a GM
The current HC ain't really a HC
And now the new GM ain't a hockey person either.............we'd be delegating the entire future of the Org to assistant GM's and scouts in this scenario. I believe hockey leadership at a higher level is a must.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't like the sound of that because......
The CEO ain't a hockey person
The Pres of Biz opps ain't a hockey person
There'll be no Pres of Hockey opps
The current GM ain't really a GM
The current HC ain't really a HC
And now the new GM ain't a hockey person either.............we'd be delegating the entire future of the Org to assistant GM's and scouts in this scenario. I believe hockey leadership at a higher level is a must.
You raise a good point....no one from the chairman on down is a legit hockey person...there's a good Canadian punk rock band, and their name is appropriate for this situation: Recipe For Disaster.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think they are going to stick with KD. Team is going no where due to some bad decisions since 2015. Luckily Kane and Toews will be UFA after next season so the team can stop this nonsense of holding onto the past. As good as Kane still is, the right decision will be to trade him in the offseason. Toews I believe will be Seabrook’d and retire on LTIR.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I think they are going to stick with KD. Team is going no where due to some bad decisions since 2015. Luckily Kane and Toews will be UFA after next season so the team can stop this nonsense of holding onto the past. As good as Kane still is, the right decision will be to trade him in the offseason. Toews I believe will be Seabrook’d and retire on LTIR.
I'd almost rather just stick with Davidson then go with the majority of names of this new GM list. If they don't have a consensus pick by March 1st, they might be better served to just stick with Davidson for the year and not rush the decision. This team certainly will miss the playoffs, so you'd have plenty of time to evaluate and not rush the hire.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So a 33yro former video coach who only knows what SB taught him will have complete control of hockey opps?

He'll have the right to pick his own assistants and scouts if he gets the job,will he hire anyone with more experience than him as an underling?

This Org is SCREWED for a long time. Anybody thinks hanging' onto the past is nonsense........wait till they see the decade or more of nonsense to come.