Peter King: Bears gaining momentum for Russell Wilson

mikeyk

Liked Posts:

From King this morning:

As for the Bears, I think there are three things at play: Chicago tight end Jimmy Graham is a good friend of Wilson’s, and he’s told him good things about the team and the city. Wilson loves the sporting zeal of the city, the love for the Cubs, the love for the Bears, and might look at it like, Chicago hasn’t had a lot of great quarterbacks, and I could be one. Maybe I could be the missing piece, and how crazy would Chicago go if the Bears ever got great again? And I think he loves the city.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Why would Seattle trade Russ? I just don't want to get any hopes and then be kicked in the nuts when we find out that Russ was using this as leverage to get Seattle to protect him better and get more of what he is looking for from Seattle.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Why would Seattle trade Russ? I just don't want to get any hopes and then be kicked in the nuts when we find out that Russ was using this as leverage to get Seattle to protect him better and get more of what he is looking for from Seattle.

It happens all the time. Why would Detroit trade Stafford? Why would NE let Brady walk in free agency? Why has Dallas not signed Dak long-term? It's front office/coaching egos. Word is Pete Carroll and his sons are running the show in Seattle and they don't care about anything other than their egos.

If Wilson wanted to be protected better, why not just come out and say "we need to add linemen, my body hurts from all the hits I'm taking and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep taking this kind of abuse". After Andrew Luck, if Seattle was smart, they'd bend over backwards to get Russ what he wants (if he just wants a line) and keep him there long-term

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I truly think Russell Wilson wants to be a Chicago Bear. He knows that if you are the Bears QB and lead them to any sort of playoff run let alone a SB, he would be Jordanesque in the city. He knows that there would be multiple avenues for endorsements in the city and world wide. His wife would have a large market to do her thing. The Bears also are all about getting Wilson. Wilson wants the Bears, the Bears want Wilson. The tough part in the equation is what the Seahawks want.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I truly think Russell Wilson wants to be a Chicago Bear. He knows that if you are the Bears QB and lead them to any sort of playoff run let alone a SB, he would be Jordanesque in the city. He knows that there would be multiple avenues for endorsements in the city and world wide. His wife would have a large market to do her thing. The Bears also are all about getting Wilson. Wilson wants the Bears, the Bears want Wilson. The tough part in the equation is what the Seahawks want.

I think all the teams he named can compete with that though. The Cowboys have the star. Their last 2 QBs have gone on to become the premier color commentators in the business (something Wilson has said he wants to do after he's done playing). Cowboys QB is with Yankees SS as THE premier position in sports as far as fame goes. He named the Raiders. Vegas would have him on the side of the MGM or whatever. His wife could have a residency and perform nightly for millions of dollars. New Orleans kinda of similar spot to Vegas, though not quite as big. I think his choices are very strategic.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Isn’t that part of being a Bears fans? I feel like that happened every single year. Get our hopes up only to be extremely disappointed

2Deep

Liked Posts:

If that is the case then give them our whole draft for 2021.
I'm so tired of having crappy QB's

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It happens all the time. Why would Detroit trade Stafford? Why would NE let Brady walk in free agency? Why has Dallas not signed Dak long-term? It's front office/coaching egos. Word is Pete Carroll and his sons are running the show in Seattle and they don't care about anything other than their egos.

If Wilson wanted to be protected better, why not just come out and say "we need to add linemen, my body hurts from all the hits I'm taking and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep taking this kind of abuse". After Andrew Luck, if Seattle was smart, they'd bend over backwards to get Russ what he wants (if he just wants a line) and keep him there long-term

Wilson literally is quoted as saying "i need to be protected, we need to add lineman. Being sacked 400 times is tok much".

Did you read the article or nah?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still waiting for Windy's Wilson off season mock FA/Draft thread

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
My guess is they are going to want him out of the NFC.

If they can convince Wilson to say he will only play for the Bears though that changes the equation

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It's not just their offensive line

He wants to play a more pass heavy style of football and that's just not in Pete Carroll's DNA

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
My guess is they are going to want him out of the NFC.

If they can convince Wilson to say he will only play for the Bears though that changes the equation
3 out of the 4 teams he would be interested in are NFC teams. If the Seahawks trade him, it’s going to be Wilson’s decision where he goes, not the Seahawks.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope most who have commented about this realize That Graham is not the only player to talk up the Bears. But unless Wilson has a no trade clause, I don't know if he can say where he goes, and unless the Bears can offer the best deal, this is still a pie in the sky kind of thing. Only difference is, there is a MUCH higher chance, the Bears get someone to say yes to them

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The man would be a god in Chicago.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wilson literally is quoted as saying "i need to be protected, we need to add lineman. Being sacked 400 times is tok much".

Did you read the article or nah?

Read the article???? LOL Maybe read part of the thread title at best!

source.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Graham: Come to Chicago man it is awesome, ownership doesn't care if you win and the GM hands out bad contracts like Jehovah's Witnesses hand out pamphlets.

Wilson: Awesome man, I am in, would love to come to Chicago.

Seattle: NO

End scene.