Liked Posts:
People are insane if they think Seattle will let Wilson go

Chances are we end up with Alex Smith and CCS will meltdown

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure why people think he will rebuild if he moves on from Wilson. The Seahawks won with great D and a QB on a modest contract. Carroll is confident enough to think he could rebuild that D and put a reasonably priced vet or rookie on O with a ton of weapons.

So this would be less of rebuild and more retooling the team to fit what actually allowed them to win in the past. A couple of first and a top young defender in Quan or Johnson goes a long why to rebuilding that D. KJ Wright and Quan at MLB and WLB would be crazy and those 2 firsts this year and next can help move up for a QB and improve the OL.

They won't have a QB.

Their defense is mediocre at best. They already have an elite LB in Wagner and a 1st round pick in Brooks. LB talent is not their issue.

That is a recipe for disaster.

They would need to get a QB, add to the defense, fix the OL, and also take on a 40 million dollar dead cap hit... Good luck.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Wilson to the Bears
AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

Seattle would take a $39M cap hit either this year or spread between years.
And it's not just the cap implications of that number, it's the fact that they would be basically paying $39M of his salary to play in Chicago.

Think of it this way, say SEA was offering to tag and trade him, what does he bring? 2 1st Rd picks? Now SEA is offers to pay $39M of the 3 yr deal he has agreed to play for, do you think they pay that huge sum and cripple their cap just for shits and giggles?
That’s the price you pay to get something for him. No team is going to give up multiple firsts for a 2 year older, beat up Wilson who needs a new contract.

Now is the time

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because Wilson will be a year older. The defense will be a year older. I have my doubts whether a new GM and HC are going to want to limp along with some other guys aging players.

Likely he will wan to draft a QB.
And if somehow the Bears traded for Wilson this year, he will still be a year older next year. He will be 33/34 next year which is still young for a QB. I don’t see why a new GM can’t build a team around him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They won't have a QB.

Their defense is mediocre at best. They already have an elite LB in Wagner and a 1st round pick in Brooks. LB talent is not their issue.

They would need to get a QB, add to the defense, fix the OL, and also take on a 40 million dollar dead cap hit... Good luck.

It would be designated a post June 1 trade and the cap hit would be about a third...not 40m...

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
she took a lot of mescaline
cactus.. she must of ate way too much to die if it was because of peyote. I wonder if she was still using at the time of her death. the bag over her face and feeding squirrels before suicide.. that's some really odd shit

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They won't have a QB.

They would have 2 first round draft picks this year, in 2022 and possibly in 2023. That is a lot of draft capital to rebuild.

They have 141m in cap space in 2022 with Wilson. It will be 178 million if he were traded and they took the entire cap hit this year. So they basically can reconfigure that team in 2022 to Carroll's liking. Or they could easily push most of the 39 million cap hit into 2022 where again they have a fuck ton of cap space.

Got Wagner and Wright mixed up. Wright is a FA so Quan replaces him and slots in at WLB. Wagner counts 17 million and 20 million against the cap so may be better for Seattle to move/cut him after this year to save 17 million against 2022 cap. So it would be Quan and Brooks going forward. So they most definitely can use a young LB given few teams pay a 32 year old LB 20 million.

So the reality is Carroll could completely reconfigure that team. 2 first round picks in 2 or 3 years, and Quan easily allows them to rebuild that D, the OL and draft a QB which again is when the Seahawks found SB success ie cheap QB with great team around him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They would have 2 first round draft picks this year, in 2022 and possibly in 2023. That is a lot of draft capital to rebuild.

They have 141m in cap space in 2022 with Wilson. It will be 178 million if he were traded and they took the entire cap hit this year. So they basically can reconfigure that team in 2022 to Carroll's liking. Or they could easily push most of the 39 million cap hit into 2022 where again they have a fuck ton of cap space.

Got Wagner and Wright mixed up. Wright is a FA so Quan replaces him and slots in at WLB. Wagner counts 17 million and 20 million against the cap so may be better for Seattle to move/cut him after this year to save 17 million against 2022 cap. So it would be Quan and Brooks going forward. So they most definitely can use a young LB given few teams pay a 32 year old LB 20 million.

So the reality is Carroll could completely reconfigure that team. 2 first round picks in 2 or 3 years, and Quan easily allows them to rebuild that D, the OL and draft a QB which again is when the Seahawks found SB success ie cheap QB with great team around him.
They currently don't have a first round pick this year or next year. Also why would they cut possibly the best MLB in football when they have 140-180 million in cap space already?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That’s the price you pay to get something for him. No team is going to give up multiple firsts for a 2 year older, beat up Wilson who needs a new contract.

Now is the time
Detroit got more for an older, shitter QB that has less time left on his contract and had to eat $20M less in cap hit.

So basically:

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He does have a no trade clause, so the Bears might not have to outbid other teams.
Good to know, from what I read I have seen no talk of this. This, this gives me more hope... maybe for the Raiders too because they can give the Seahawks a solid QB back.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Good to know, from what I read I have seen no talk of this. This, this gives me more hope... maybe for the Raiders too because they can give the Seahawks a solid QB back.
The chances of him leaving SEA are slim but at least we have “heard” several reports he would like to play for the Bears. If he didn’t have a no trade clause the Raiders would make a lot of sense swapping him for Carr. But I think Bears fans are hoping things between Wilson and the Sea FO get messy and Wilson finally demands a trade.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Watson and Wilson situations are completely different. I could see Houston trading Watson but why in the hell would Seattle even entertain the thought?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Wilson has a no trade clause in 2021. If he is truly on the move he will go to the highest bidder that he wants to play for.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Wilson has a no trade clause in 2021. If he is truly on the move he will go to the highest bidder that he wants to play for.
This could mean the price is much smaller than what most people are anticipating. Its not like the Seahawks can just ask all the teams in the NFL who wants Russell Wilson and just pawn him off to the highest bidder, they have to find somewhere Russell Wilson approve of.

I dont think the Bears are going to just steal him for a fourth round pick but it could be as simple as twentieth overall. That said, none of this is really likely to happen. Just idle conjecture.