Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This whole Skoronski has arms that are too short and should be a guard shit is just as stupid as the Watson doesn’t throw the ball fast enough shit before the 17 draft.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
This whole Skoronski has arms that are too short and should be a guard shit is just as stupid as the Watson doesn’t throw the ball fast enough shit before the 17 draft.

Except the only tackle I know of who has been even decent with sub 33 inch arms is Braden Smith. And he is not a great pass blocker(though he is a great run blocker). Maybe Skoronski is the exception and will become a great Right Tackle despite his short arms. I just don't see it.

Skoronski is one of those guys whose press clippings do not match the film for me. If he gets his hands on an opponent he usually wins, but the film shows defenders that attack his arms can defeat his blocks. He is technically very sound, but his feet/lateral agility and ability to block on the move are not great. He is off balance way to much. Everything about his skill set says "guard". He is an exceptional in-line run blocker. He's not Quentin Nelson but one of the best I've seen outside of him.

I think he might, eventually, be a solid plus run blocking/average pass blocking right tackle. Personally I want more from a top 10 pick. I think you can get a solid right tackle in the 2nd. If they go tackle at 9, Paris Johnson is a much better target imo.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Except the only tackle I know of who has been even decent with sub 33 inch arms is Braden Smith. And he is not a great pass blocker(though he is a great run blocker). Maybe Skoronski is the exception and will become a great Right Tackle despite his short arms. I just don't see it.

Skoronski is one of those guys whose press clippings do not match the film for me. If he gets his hands on an opponent he usually wins, but the film shows defenders that attack his arms can defeat his blocks. He is technically very sound, but his feet/lateral agility and ability to block on the move are not great. He is off balance way to much. Everything about his skill set says "guard". He is an exceptional in-line run blocker. He's not Quentin Nelson but one of the best I've seen outside of him.

I think he might, eventually, be a solid plus run blocking/average pass blocking right tackle. Personally I want more from a top 10 pick. I think you can get a solid right tackle in the 2nd. If they go tackle at 9, Paris Johnson is a much better target imo.
As soon as you said his footwork is bad I stopped. There’s literal proof in the OP that’s bullshit.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
As soon as you said his footwork is bad I stopped. There’s literal proof in the OP that’s bullshit.

Well, first of all I didn't say he has bad feet, I said they were not great, and if you care to actually watch hundreds of snaps like I have instead of citing some random post with 7 clips maybe we can have a real discussion? I can show you 7 clips that make him look terrible. He has good feet, not great feet, Like I said, his real upside is at guard. He can probably develop into a good right tackle. If you're going to overcome a lack of length at tackle you better have elite quickness, range and feet. He has none of those.

Put on tape of Paris Johnson and Skoronski. There is no.comparison. Johnson has all the traits needed to be a top flight NFL tackle. Skoronski has all the traits needed to be a top flight guard. You can just pretend that arm length doesn't matter, but it absolutely does. There is a reason that 99% of NFL tackles have over 33 inch arms.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, first of all I didn't say he has bad feet, I said they were not great, and if you care to actually watch hundreds of snaps like I have instead of citing some random post with 7 clips maybe we can have a real discussion? I can show you 7 clips that make him look terrible. He has good feet, not great feet, Like I said, his real upside is at guard. He can probably develop into a good right tackle. If you're going to overcome a lack of length at tackle you better have elite quickness, range and feet. He has none of those.

Put on tape of Paris Johnson and Skoronski. There is no.comparison. Johnson has all the traits needed to be a top flight NFL tackle. Skoronski has all the traits needed to be a top flight guard. You can just pretend that arm length doesn't matter, but it absolutely does. There is a reason that 99% of NFL tackles have over 33 inch arms.
Sure ya have…:jonesy:

Your lack of knowledge on Skoronski says otherwise.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't draft a "might be a T" at 9. You draft the best plug n play T at 9.

You very rarely draft a G at 9 either.

Recall that while Scronski was raised in CHI, he's a lifelong PACKER FAN raised by Cheeseheads!!! ?‍♂️?

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Sure ya have…:jonesy:

Your lack of knowledge on Skoronski says otherwise.

So you don't want to have a discussion, just yet another poster who tries to get rises out of people on a message boards? Or is the idea that someone could have a different opinion than you somehow threatening to you? I have absolutely watched hundreds of snaps of most of the top prospects in the draft, as I do every year. And by the way, I am far from the only person who sees him as being better suited to guard.

But, you know, if being snarky is your defensive mechanism against someone having a different opinion than you, carry on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There appears to be a below average LT with 32 inch arms, a slightly above average LT with 32.5 inch arms, a very good LT with 32.75 inch arms, and then a whole slew of guys with 33 inch arms who range from bad to literally the highest graded player.
That's what she said.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
If he's the guy you trade back 4 or 5 spots and grab him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree with all this but it's a little high for a RT and I expect Jones to stay at LT. Not saying he can't play LT because I think he can but I just don't think he's projected there for the Bear. That said, there's value in a sure thing starter that can be all that on day one so wouldn't dislike the pick but would prefer a 3 tech of similar value at that slot is available or maybe a trade down.
I watched again and it's amazing how he maintains his position after a DLman get his hands inside to his body. Wide legs with great balance and strong but he may get caught holding some in the NFL. He has strong hands and does quick grabs and release to get his guy off track. Sneaky effective. He will not keep NFL DEs hands off his body but he's great at maintaining position/anchor and defeating that advantage. That forward lean while still keeping balance is kind of remarkable and makes him longer than he measures. High level stuff but he might be as finished as he'll ever be. Will be fun to see how he does. He looks the exception to the rule unless REFs have a boner for him.

LakeCamelot

Liked Posts:
I really wanted to get a starting 3t with one of our first two picks. But if you could get PS and another starter quality C or Tackle. The offense could start to build into something great. I think fixing the dline would help with wins more next year. But, we may be better off still not winning that much and cementing the offense. Then with higher picks next year finish the build.