Peter Skoronski breakdown

Bort

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of PFF personally, but if I'm reading that right there are two tackles with sub 33 inch arms and neither one is good?

There appears to be a below average LT with 32 inch arms, a slightly above average LT with 32.5 inch arms, a very good LT with 32.75 inch arms, and then a whole slew of guys with 33 inch arms who range from bad to literally the highest graded player.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
It's not about where he'll play. The question is, who's the alternative. I don't care if he only becomes a pro bowl guard if none of next 8 picks never become anything. It's not about positional value, I'll take a stud OG over a mediocre DE every day of the week. Shoot, I'll take a pro bowl punter over a bust at any position. Most of y'all are saying he's not worth the 9 but aren't really saying who you're taking instead.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
It's not about where he'll play. The question is, who's the alternative. I don't care if he only becomes a pro bowl guard if none of next 8 picks never become anything. It's not about positional value, I'll take a stud OG over a mediocre DE every day of the week. Shoot, I'll take a pro bowl punter over a bust at any position. Most of y'all are saying he's not worth the 9 but aren't really saying who you're taking instead.

I would take Myles Murphy or Tyree Wilson. Carter would be a no brainer based on his game film but he's had a terrible off-season obviously. But I have no way of judging his character or work ethic.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
only way Poles drafts him is if Bears trade back from current 9 spot.
trading back is a possibility but my guess is they stay at 9 and draft best DL on their board.
Then draft OL with one or two of their next 3 picks (53, 61 or 64).

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would take Myles Murphy or Tyree Wilson. Carter would be a no brainer based on his game film but he's had a terrible off-season obviously. But I have no way of judging his character or work ethic.

No way of judging his character? He abandoned his friends after they got in a car accident.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
No way of judging his character? He abandoned his friends after they got in a car accident.

He's a kid, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was 20. I personally don't judge people I don't know. You're free to. It doesn't really make any difference. If teams are comfortable with his character, I doubt he will be there at 9.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's a kid, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was 20. I personally don't judge people I don't know. You're free to. It doesn't really make any difference. If teams are comfortable with his character, I doubt he will be there at 9.

Seeing your friend on the brink of death and ditching him isn't a goofy mistake.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Seeing your friend on the brink of death and ditching him isn't a goofy mistake.

Again, you are free to judge him. I don't. People react in all sorts of crazy ways to situations. It's easy to condemn them from the outside. I wasn't there. I don't pretend to know details about what happened. Nor do I need to. I'm perfectly comfortable saying I don't know. Lot's of people really like to judge people they have never met. I'm just not one of them.

Bust

Liked Posts:
barring position need. Is Skork the 9th best player in this draft . . . ?

No?

Hard Pass . . . NEXT!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Some of you are really reaching to justify your wishes for defense who probably won't be there at #9.
Bwahahahaha, see what I did there? LOL Reaching.

Also, I don’t want him because he’s a fudge packer fan.
That was all it took to move me off him and onto Paris.
Shouldn't happen but it would be way too easy to throw a game and I don't trust the shit packers at all if they'd let Martin show up with a hit list and act on it. But they can cut him a year later for getting in a bar fight because someone was hitting on his sheep.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
First, I do not buy this “you do not draft a RT or OG high in the draft”. A quarterback can be destroyed by any missed block. Yet, Skoronski is a fit enigma. He is not a Left Tackle, and he is viewed as a VERY high potential Guard. At Right Tackle he lacks the ’length’ coveted by Poles, but has the athleticism coveted by Poles. Based on tape, he is a no brainer, but he has the arm length issue. I would be fine drafting him at 9, but also understand if the Bears pass.

And for a team that has had virtually no Pro Bowlers recently, I would be very happy with a pro bowler at Guard. I am tired of the pocket being collapsed. If a top Edge is on the board, take him. But I would be happy with Skoronski.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
First, I do not buy this “you do not draft a RT or OG high in the draft”.

You've been around long enough you know the usual idiocy around here and with Bears fans in general is they don't bat an eye at $45m for pass rush talent but $10m is too much for pass protection talent.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Again, you are free to judge him. I don't. People react in all sorts of crazy ways to situations. It's easy to condemn them from the outside. I wasn't there. I don't pretend to know details about what happened. Nor do I need to. I'm perfectly comfortable saying I don't know. Lot's of people really like to judge people they have never met. I'm just not one of them.

Understandable but the fact that two weeks after the incident he gets pulled over for speeding 89mph in a 45mph zone is suspect. They said he had maturity issues and it's looking like that's true same with his motor and conditioning issues and his terrible pro day.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The lack of work ethic is obvious from his poor pro day in my mind, he had weeks to prepare and blew millions of dollars. No other explanation!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So what do the Bears do at DE? DE just seems like a no-brainer at 9. The defense was much worse than the offense. I'm not saying they don't need a RT, but the impact of a right tackle does not come close to the impact of an elite pass rusher in my opinion. Unless they're comfortable with Carter, which seems less and less likely, that pick has to be DE. Murphy or Wilson would both change the whole complexion of the defense.
I’d have no problem with taking a DE at 9 either. All I was saying is taking Skoronski at 9 is not reaching at all.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
Skoronski has 80" wingspan, has pretty broad shoulders. The arms thing is somewhat overstated. My disappointment would be using a #9 pick for RT, while leaving Braxton at the most important position LT next year. For the investment of a #9 I'd say put the guy at the most important position personally

I get not wanting to change where Braxton is developing... but are you really tying yourself into him for LT for the indefinite future? Its a pretty crazy projection to do that off one year

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Skoronski has 80" wingspan, has pretty broad shoulders. The arms thing is somewhat overstated. My disappointment would be using a #9 pick for RT, while leaving Braxton at the most important position LT next year. For the investment of a #9 I'd say put the guy at the most important position personally

I get not wanting to change where Braxton is developing... but are you really tying yourself into him for LT for the indefinite future? Its a pretty crazy projection to do that off one year
The not taking a RT at 9 is just as overstated. Simple research will show you the best pass rushers in todays NFL come from the right just as much as the left.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL @ the people in this thread saying to not take an RT at 9! Great pass rushers in today’s game come the right side just as much as they do the left. I would have zero problem Skoronski at 9! He’d be the best option at RT on the Bears by a country fucking mile!
People are saying not to take a G at 9.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
People are saying not to take a G at 9.
Plenty of people on this board and in this thread said not to take him because he’s a RT.