PFF: Bears need to move on from Mitch Trusbisky

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
On the surface he doesn’t seem like a terrible QB. But when you dive into the analytics and so forth you begin to realize that he’s been bad from the start and there’s been little growth, if any from his first year.

I'll join the choir as soon as someone can prove to me that his down trodding play isn't a result of COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Get foles in the off season. Draft a QB in the 2nd. That’s my favorite path going forward. Let Floyd go. Let prince and Gabriel go. The defense will take a hit but they would stillhave enough talent to be top 10ish. With a real QB like foles, the offense would have no excuse not to be top 15ish. That’s a balanced team. QB and OL with the two 2nd round picks. Then defense heavy the rest of the way. An offense that could move the ball and actually score a few TDs will take a ton of pressure off the defense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'll join the choir as soon as someone can prove to me that his down trodding play isn't a result of COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coaches aren’t out there sailing passes or looking off wide open receivers. He can’t hit a pass further than 10 yards. He was never particularly accurate, and now that his confidence is shot, even the most basic plays are a struggle for him.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky will probably go down as the biggest miss in Bears' history. I hate to say it since I really like him, but it's true. I hope he can make a career out of being a backup in the NFL so he could at least make good money.
LOL, he's already's made good money!

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It’s not only bad that one is a true franchise qb but the other looks like an all time great. and they actually traded up for their bum ass QBs. Depressing.
Just curious, what have those other two QBs won that warrants all the praise? Asking for a friend. Last I checked, all three of them failed in their first go at the playoffs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow I actually never thought of it as the worst move in franchise history but considering what the Bears missed, a true franchise QB, it has to be the worst ever

I understand the Mahomes miss because air raid QBs have never panned out before him. But Watson was a no brainer. What were they afraid of? His radar gun number at the combine?

3 overall was the highest the Bears ever got to pick in the Super Bowl era. What a catastrophic bust of a pick.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just curious, what have those other two QBs won that warrants all the praise? Asking for a friend. Last I checked, all three of them failed in their first go at the playoffs.

2000: What has Manning won that Leaf hasn't?

2008: What has Rodgers won that Jamarcus Russell hasn't?

2012: What has Russell Wilson won that Blaine Gabbert hasn't?

Good QBs vs bad QBs matters if you want to contend going forward.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I understand the Mahomes miss because air raid QBs have never panned out before him. But Watson was a no brainer. What were they afraid of? His radar gun number at the combine?

3 overall was the highest the Bears ever got to pick in the Super Bowl era. What a catastrophic bust of a pick.
The more and more I think of it the more disappointed I feel lol

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Probably his knee injuries.

In retrospect even the meatball idiots who wanted defense at 3rd overall and a day 3 QB to learn from Mike Glennon were less wrong than the Bears were.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
2000: What has Manning won that Leaf hasn't?

2008: What has Rodgers won that Jamarcus Russell hasn't?

2012: What has Russell Wilson won that Blaine Gabbert hasn't?

Good QBs vs bad QBs matters if you want to contend going forward.
Adding on my last post: like you said it made NO SENSE to trade up for Trubisky. No reason to be so in love with him. If he was taken at 2 Watson would've been right there at 3, but no reason to waste so much to take him. Total failure of a trade.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Nagy has to figure it out as well. He's never going to have "his guy" who is going to Aaron Rodgers' his offense.

Good coaches make it work with what they have even if it's ugly. McCoy in Denver going from Orton to Tebow. Harbaugh last year going from Flacco to Jackson. Belichick with whoever lines up at QB whenever Brady has been hurt over the last 10 years. They figure it out and make changes. Nagy has to do this and no the answer isn't to have your struggling QB chuck the ball around and try and win you games with his arm.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
At one point in my life I want the Bears to have an actual good quarterback.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ahhhh hanging to that very last thing to defend Mitch over. The what have they won argument. Classic!

Tell your friend to watch them play football and he’ll know why they get praised.

Don’t mess with his agenda.
The agenda of stating the obvious that one QB is an all time bust and the others are franchise QBs?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I have zero faith in the Bears either owning up to their mistake, or moving on from it.
they’ll give him a $50 million extension and THEN cut him ....