PFF: How the Bears control the top of the draft

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I know, we may not control #2 when it all goes down, but this is some food for thought.

I completely agree with this video that part of the price of moving back is losing Carter and Anderson. I’d add, maybe even Murphy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I know, we may not control #2 when it all goes down, but this is some food for thought.

I completely agree with this video that part of the price of moving back is losing Carter and Anderson. I’d add, maybe even Murphy.
Missing out on carter/Anderson would be a big mistake IMO

greg23

Liked Posts:
You dont lose out of carter/anderson if you take less and move back to 3 or 4.

This team needs a ton of talent and our gm already gave up #34 for Claypool

Reactions: Myk

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Going to be very difficult to pass up on Will Anderson. I think it may take a team coming from lower in the draft that could add a #1 pick next season than for the Bears to trade back to the 5 or 6 spot, lose Will Anderson and only gain a 2nd or 3rd.

46plank

Liked Posts:
Pace would trade the 2 for two 4’s and a six, and cash.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think Anderson easily goes 3 overall. I don't feel nearly as excited about Carter. I don't see him as an Aaron Donald type disrupter.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I guess we should've kept Mack and Smith since those bloated costs were the winning recipe that had us owning Super Bowls since they've been here. The proof is in the pudding. You can't argue with success.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Missing out on carter/Anderson would be a big mistake IMO
It would suck but if we could trade down some but stay inside the top 10 or just outside of it and still come away with a B.Bresee, M.Murphy, P.Skoronski, P.Johnson or one of the top WR's (J.Addison please) and get a huge return of draft picks then it could be worth it. We have so many damn needs on each side of the ball.

Still would really love to get one of Anderson or Carter but we just have too many needs.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah. You are right. Then it gets to the classic question regarding need versus getting the best player or players available, right? With five games to go a lot of different things could happen. If the Bear's get the 2nd pick or even the first(stranger things have happened in the NFL), then I'd say that trading down would probably be too good to pass up. If they are drafting 4-6, then the 2-3 most desired qbs are probably already gone unless a team behind them wants a particular guy and is willing to ante up to get him?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We aren't going to finish with that 2nd spot though. The odds are way too much against it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
We aren't going to finish with that 2nd spot though. The odds are way too much against it.
Just lose baby

Don't bother trying to win until week 18 when the #2 pick is secured

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It would suck but if we could trade down some but stay inside the top 10 or just outside of it and still come away with a B.Bresee, M.Murphy, P.Skoronski, P.Johnson or one of the top WR's (J.Addison please) and get a huge return of draft picks then it could be worth it. We have so many damn needs on each side of the ball.

Still would really love to get one of Anderson or Carter but we just have too many needs.
1670006908692.png

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Yeah but if they feel Carter and/or Anderson can be Hall of Fame or Hall of Very Good players, I think they just need to draft them. We need players, but we also have more draft picks and a ton of money.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just lose baby

Don't bother trying to win until week 18 when the #2 pick is secured
We won't be in that #2 spot after our bye week next week though because all the teams that have the same record as us will jump us when they have the same amount of losses as we have because of sos. Right now we're at 3-9 while all the other 3 win teams only have 8 losses because they already have had their bye weeks.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Not if you trade with the likes of the lions or Seattle ..(as it sits currently)
Agreed, but you may get the most from the Panthers and still get one of them if the first 3 picks are QB's.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but you may get the most from the Panthers and still get one of them if the first 3 picks are QB's.
I think if we move to the back end of 10, 3 DE’s go off the board, possible 2 DT’s, and, maybe, 1 OL. Brugler doesn’t think it’s a good year for OL, overall.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We need talent and lots of it. Not every draft has HoFers. We need some greats and alot of good players in multiple positions and I see no SURE bets. Guys with high ceilings beyong being the dominant player on the most dominant team who gets first dibs at the table. If it's the guy it's the guy but I don't get starry-eyed over the best stats on a stacked team. The league cemetery is filled with former Heisman winners with no careers. Next year will have another Carter and Anderson so it will shake out like it should. I want quality high ceiling developmental players and smart coaching decisions over flashy names. There's some out there I don't watch every game but we only get a pick so we need to do our homework.