PFF: Justin Fields needs needs to help himself (FTO)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is no issue. Just trying to understand why you 100% support something you disagree with.

Because he’s the GM and hasn’t earned my distrust yet. He’s supposed to know more about this shit than me and I’m going to give him a few years even if I don’t agree with everything

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep no excuses next year. this board will come up with some tho. especially if the golden child from #ohiostate pulls off another 7 of 21 for 75 yard effort.
The Bears will get upgrades next season.

Being a veteran of Bears boards for several years, the next stop on the excuses train is the coaching staff: "Getsy doesn't call plays to utilize his players' strengths."

You can count on it next year if Fields doesn't take a big step.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because he’s the GM and hasn’t earned my distrust yet. He’s supposed to know more about this shit than me and I’m going to give him a few years even if I don’t agree with everything
So completely free of criticism for 3 years huh? Cool. Enjoy.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears will get upgrades next season.

Being a veteran of Bears boards for several years, the next stop on the excuses train is the coaching staff: "Getsy doesn't call plays to utilize his players' strengths."

You can count on it next year if Fields doesn't take a big step.
You’re so intuitive!

Just remember, I gave you an out asking if you would move on from Fields and either draft or trade for another QB. You said you would ride with Fields next year if you were Poles.

So should Fields fail, I don’t want to see your trolling ass parade around CCS like you knew the entire time.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re so intuitive!

Just remember, I gave you an out asking if you would move on from Fields and either draft or trade for another QB. You said you would ride with Fields next year if you were Poles.

So should Fields fail, I don’t want to see your trolling ass parade around CCS like you knew the entire time.
We're not allowed to criticize players we haven't given up on yet? Do you hear yourself? There's reasonable opinions between the spectrum of haters and cockriders.

BTW, you posted earlier this year that Fields was "getting into bust territory." So should Fields win an MVP, I don't want to see your homer ass parade around CCS like you knew the entire time.

SmartSelect_20230105_141019_Firefox.jpg

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have Fields on the cheap for 2 more years and then a 5th year option. I can't imagine the Bears making any move at QB until the end of the 2023 or 2024 season.
You saw the Cardinals bail on Josh Rosen after he was drafted 9th overall in one year, they then selected Kyler Murray. There's precedent for getting rid of Fields, especially given his lack of growth as a passer. Has he gotten better? Yeah he got a little better, but he's still below average. Below average with a shitty offensive line and shitty receivers isn't unprecedented when you look at what Cutler and Trubisky had to work with in various years. The overall lack of production as a passer is just as much on Justin Fields as it is on the supporting cast. There's more than enough evidence to support Poles if he decides to move on from Fields and go after Levis, or Young.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Even in baseball, most sabrmetric diehards would (or at least should) tell you that the numbers are only good over the course of the 162 and are used to get you to the playoffs. The numbers mean dick in a short series that is significantly higher leveraged.

There are just way too many variables that are never taken into account in football. Even worse than them not being taken into account is the refusal to even acknowledge those variables.
The biggest variable is that the good teams sit up, pay attention and play their best ball in the playoffs. They consider the playoffs their season while the NFL season is kind of like their preseason, something that they have to get through to get to their true season, the playoffs.

It happens in all U.S. sports.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It seems one of my critiques of holding the ball too long might be true. And it turns out, Bears WRs do get open, and he doesn't find them.

• Holding onto the ball for too long: On perfectly covered plays, Fields takes sacks at the highest rate in the league.

• Fields not finding open receivers: He has been the league’s worst quarterback on plays where at least one defender leaves a receiver open (0.17 EPA).

So the CCS two-step, bullet-proof defense of Fields might have some issues that are because of Fields himself.

1. The o-line can't pass block.
2. If the o-line does block, no one is open.
The CCS two-step indeed. There's no better way to put it. The offensive line can't pass block, and when they do pass block no one is open. Round and round we go.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You saw the Cardinals bail on Josh Rosen after he was drafted 9th overall in one year, they then selected Kyler Murray. There's precedent for getting rid of Fields, especially given his lack of growth as a passer. Has he gotten better? Yeah he got a little better, but he's still below average. Below average with a shitty offensive line and shitty receivers isn't unprecedented when you look at what Cutler and Trubisky had to work with in various years. The overall lack of production as a passer is just as much on Justin Fields as it is on the supporting cast. There's more than enough evidence to support Poles if he decides to move on from Fields and go after Levis, or Young.
Lol of course you like Levis. He's got moxie!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Well Hub Arkush for one, as well as those who think the first pick should be used on Young or Stroud.

I'd argue that Poles, Cunningham, Flus, and Getsy would think he is incapable of improving if they draft a QB early.
If they draft a QB early you're right. Dungy thinks JF will win multiple MVP's.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You are doing it wrong.
You are suppose to:
Criticize him not going big in FA when he had limited money.
Criticize him not drafting starters at WR, OLx3, CB, and DL despite having no 1st rnd pick.
Criticize him for not trading players away in the offseason for picks.
Criticize him for trading away players during the season for picks.
Criticize him for trading for players during the season for picks.
Criticize him for what he might do.
and finally,
Criticize him for what he might not do.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If they draft a QB early you're right. Dungy thinks JF will win multiple MVP's.
Ah Tony Dungy, the man who had no idea how to develop and evaluate QB play in his career, but was gifted the job of coaching one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL. Way to walk into the most ideal situation in the history of the NFL and then succeed because of Peyton Manning. Dungy is one of the worst analysts in media right now and it's been proven time and time again.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ah Tony Dungy, the man who had no idea how to develop and evaluate QB play in his career, but was gifted the job of coaching one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL. Way to walk into the most ideal situation in the history of the NFL and then succeed because of Peyton Manning. Dungy is one of the worst analysts in media right now and it's been proven time and time again.
Sorry not true. He coached TB into a contender and finished the job in Indy for Manning. One of the most brilliant NFL minds ever.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
“Fields not finding open receivers” is a strange stat. I don’t know the details about how EPA is calculated to speak intelligently about (or maybe speak intelligently about anything lol) but wouldn’t not finding an open receiver hinge on many factors including pressure and where that open WR is in his progression? Last in the nfl, comparatively speaking obvs, is horrible though.

I hold out hope that with an average pass blocking oline, more development, and some better weapons Fields can be elite (judging simply by
FFS, enough with the EPA, QBR, ERA, WAR,MSRP.

It's pretty fucking simple.
1)Fields did more with less this season than most could.
2)Fields is an elite play maker.c
3)Fields need to be a better passer.
4)There were multiple reasons, almost endless reasons, beyond his control that contributed to his below average passing.
5) The Bears were below average, sometimes embarrassingly so, at every position not RB(well...maybe even RB) and need to upgrade to see if Fields is capable of being the passer at the NFL level that he clearly was in college.
6)Fields is going to be the Bears QB for at minimum the next 2 seasons.
7) [/thread]
Calling his passing below average is almost too kind. He's objectively a bottom 3 passing QB and not close to average.

If the Bears pick #2 or later, I agree he's the guy.

But if they pick #1, they'd be completely foolish to not consider taking a QB at that spot and trading Fields.

Having the first overall pick is not something with historic precedent for us. It's been over 70 years since we had #1.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We're not allowed to criticize players we haven't given up on yet? Do you hear yourself? There's reasonable opinions between the spectrum of haters and cockriders.

BTW, you posted earlier this year that Fields was "getting into bust territory." So should Fields win an MVP, I don't want to see your homer ass parade around CCS like you knew the entire time.

View attachment 25273
How much memory do you waste on these screenshots?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The biggest variable is that the good teams sit up, pay attention and play their best ball in the playoffs. They consider the playoffs their season while the NFL season is kind of like their preseason, something that they have to get through to get to their true season, the playoffs.

It happens in all U.S. sports.
K…

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Calling his passing below average is almost too kind. He's objectively a bottom 3 passing QB and not close to average.

If the Bears pick #2 or later, I agree he's the guy.

But if they pick #1, they'd be completely foolish to not consider taking a QB at that spot and trading Fields.

Having the first overall pick is not something with historic precedent for us. It's been over 70 years since we had #1.
Actually he is not objectively a bottom 3 passing QB. He ranks 26 of 33 QB's this season. So objectively he was bottom 8. Subjectively, he accomplished that with what most would consider the worst receiving corp and worst talented OL and possibly most injured offensive unit in the NFL this season.

Not sure what drafting #1 vs #2 matters, if Poles likes a guy at either spot more than Fields the pick would be warranted. That said a don't see anything that Young or Stroud did that Fields did not at the college level and that would make them a safer bet at succeeding than Fields moving forward.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

“CONCLUSION​

Overall, the Bears are lucky to field an above-average defense, since their passing offense led by Justin Fields has fallen well short of where it needs to be. He has struggled to find open receivers and is making poor decisions overall. If Fields can avoid sacks moving forward, the unit will be in much better shape. Chicago's upcoming schedule is not easy, though, with the Eagles and Bills on the slate back to back in the last few weeks of the regular season. Realistically, the Bears may not improve for a few years, given that they traded away key playersahead of the deadline for draft picks.”

I just can’t take an article that includes this seriously. ?
last in PPG.(y)