PFF: Roquan Smith not a first rounder

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I usually love your articles Jordan but this one while decent the title to the thread about the article is misleading and acturally 100% incorrect because Smith was literally drafted 8th over all and that means he is literally the text book definition of an 1st rounder in terms of where he was selected so I can understand if this is a error on your part but if not and it's revisionist history I'm sorry but facts and truths cannot be spun here it's literally on Wikipedia.

So please update the title because irregardlessly the titling weather a mistake or intentional is going to cause confusion/bewilderment/consternation and maybe even misery for some of the more Ignoramusly disposed members of the CCS forums!

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I usually love your articles Jordan but this one while decent the title to the thread about the article is misleading and acturally 100% incorrect because Smith was literally drafted 8th over all and that means he is literally the text book definition of an 1st rounder in terms of where he was selected so I can understand if this is a error on your part but if not and it's revisionist history I'm sorry but facts and truths cannot be spun here it's literally on Wikipedia.

So please update the title because irregardlessly the titling weather a mistake or intentional is going to cause confusion/bewilderment/consternation and maybe even misery for some of the more Ignoramusly disposed members of the CCS forums!
I’m just the messenger. Blame PFF

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I’m just the messenger. Blame PFF
Um excuse me but does PFF write your thread titles or even acturally have access to your login credential information because this literally seems like a cop out or even more egregiously a flattened out lie if you're wanting my opinion.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Nice article in my opinion. The trade value for that position is relatively low versus his value to the team. It would be worth offloading if you got some decent draft capital but with that unlikely to happen I think the Bears have to ride this out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So pretty much better value keeping him than trading him

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool. So wtf exactly is a sound-round?

Rise

Liked Posts:
They should not trade him for a 2nd. Just let him play out the season. If he turns into Shaq Leonard give him the 5yr/100 million he wants. If he doesn’t you can then tag and trade him, or even let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick potentially.

Trade needs to be a 1st as a starting point or it isn’t worth it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They should not trade him for a 2nd. Just let him play out the season. If he turns into Shaq Leonard give him the 5yr/100 million he wants. If he doesn’t you can then tag and trade him, or even let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick potentially.

If he plays like Leonard then he will want more than 5yr/100m most likely.

You are unlikely to get a 3rd comp pick for him because we have 100m to spend and almost certainly will acquire more comp eligible FAs than we let go.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

I would take two 2nds, just because you are saving the cap space.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If he plays like Leonard then he will want more than 5yr/100m most likely.

You are unlikely to get a 3rd comp pick for him because we have 100m to spend and almost certainly will acquire more comp eligible FAs than we let go.

Good points I did think about the cap space but looking at the free agents maybe they don’t get overly aggressive next year? Haven’t really looked at defense but for offense it’s slim. If by some miracle Nelson is a FA he should be signed by the Bears I’d think?

As for wanting more if it’s 105 but he is proven I’d rather do that vs 95 and he doesn’t fit the defense or isn’t a difference maker in it.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I do agree with that article..............Smith is worth more to the Bears than the trade value PFF is saying. Bears still may end up paying Smith money a little north of Leonard, Warner.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not only does him wanting top money hurt his value but he has never had an easy contract. It's not even a contract year and he still can't have an easy contract. He's a problem child.

People will say but that first contract, blah blah blah. But the fact is that first contract holdout existed and now this 2nd contract before his 2nd contract is existing. If I was another team's GM I wouldn't expect anything except what I've only seen from him. Everyone knows the Bears don't screw their defensive talent so they shouldn't be who is suspect here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not only does him wanting top money hurt his value but he has never had an easy contract. It's not even a contract year and he still can't have an easy contract. He's a problem child.

People will say but that first contract, blah blah blah. But the fact is that first contract holdout existed and now this 2nd contract before his 2nd contract is existing. If I was another team's GM I wouldn't expect anything except what I've only seen from him. Everyone knows the Bears don't screw their defensive talent so they shouldn't be who is suspect here.

Most top players that signed this offseason wanted top money so that is neither here no there.

The first contract holdout existed because the Bears were trying to screw him over. It would be like saying someone is a problem child because they got into a fight when they got punched first.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Best way to compete in this league is to trade away top 10 draft selections for second round picks

Where he was drafted doesn't mean a thing. Only fans get hung up on that.