PFN: Tony Pauline thinks Nagy is done

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was always more of an anti-Pace guy than an anti-Nagy guy.

But this level of offensive incompetence is too much. There is more talent on offense than what we are seeing and I think the talent is mediocre at best.

We need someone who has designed, built, and called a good offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was always more of an anti-Pace guy than an anti-Nagy guy.

But this level of offensive incompetence is too much. There is more talent on offense than what we are seeing and I think the talent is mediocre at best.

We need someone who has designed, built, and called a good offense.

I don't think the talent is bad on offense. Issue is they neglected the oline, and Pace fucked up the HC hire and QB pick.

Pace, imo, has been okay. However, he hired nagy and drafted mitch and failed to address one of the worst olines in the league.

Thats 3 strikes. Youre out.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think 90% of Illinois seems convinced Nagy will get fired. Let’s just hope it happens

I think its more likely they win a couple games against trash teams and he retains his job.

Then next year we set league records for offensive ineptness.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think its more likely they win a couple games against trash teams and he retains his job.

I honestly don’t know if we can beat trash teams. We are the new trash team that’s becoming easy to beat. Like I’ve said before, we are a laughing stock and don’t know if the McCaskeys will continue with that.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I don't think the talent is bad on offense. Issue is they neglected the oline, and Pace fucked up the HC hire and QB pick.

Pace, imo, has been okay. However, he hired nagy and drafted mitch and failed to address one of the worst olines in the league.

Thats 3 strikes. Youre out.
So, he can’t hire a HC or recognize offensive talent. How he’s been OK?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t know if we can beat trash teams. We are the new trash team that’s becoming easy to beat. Like I’ve said before, we are a laughing stock and don’t know if the McCaskeys will continue with that.
I don’t watch most games, but I haven’t seen any team as bad as The Bears were in the last game, against a losing team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So, he can’t hire a HC or recognize offensive talent. How he’s been OK?

He does recognize offensive talent, to be fair. He's drafted some players with talent, he just hired the wrong coach who is incapable of developing a single player on offense.

Pace took this team from the worst it ever was in franchise history and rebuilt it from the ground up. Obviously he didn't do a perfect job, and thats why he will be gone, but he's also done a lot.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs to grow the man
WellgroomedSneakyAustralianshelduck-max-1mb.gif

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I wish it could happen during the bye week and they could make Pagano the interim HC. I think there's a small chance they can turn it around with Pagano but there's absolutely 0% chance they can turn around it with the clown that is Nagy. I also think we've seen enough but the Mccaskeys would never do something like that mid season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don’t watch most games, but I haven’t seen any team as bad as The Bears were in the last game, against a losing team.

If it weren’t for Covid, I would do other things with my life beside watch the Bears games.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

The talent is bad, but it's not as bad as it's showing because of coaching. Meaning, a competent O-line and QB could make the talent function in a real NFL offense. Just look at Mike Davis. Non-factor here, and succeeding after he left. He would be just as bad as the rest if he was on this team, but can play in the league.

What I really hate about the offensive talent is just how soft they are across the board. Seems like someone evaluating the Bears says it every week for the last two years.

I wouldn't worry about winning games and convincing people Nagy can turn it around. His QB, TE coach and now O-line coach have publicly called him out, knowing they will need new jobs soon. The writing is on the wall how bad Nagy is at his job and nobody is afraid to say it. Think of what it is going to be like after a bye week GB disaster.