Phil Simms on Trubisky

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For every Phil Simms there’s a Steve Young saying Mitch is playing like a high school QB or a Tramon Williams who doesn’t even respect him as a passer.

The Bears weren’t 12-4 because of Mitch and he certainly wasn’t there best player in the playoff game where they had 6 points going into the 4th QTR.

Time to stop coddling a grown man who plays pro football.
He was good in the playoff game. If the FG is good, the narrative is quite different. Which is an indictment of the fans who can’t tell cause and effect. If Parkey’s kick goes in and Mitch moves on, the perspective of people who don’t know any better would be different.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was good in the playoff game. If the FG is good, the narrative is quite different. Which is an indictment of the fans who can’t tell cause and effect. If Parkey’s kick goes in and Mitch moves on, the perspective of people who don’t know any better would be different.
He was good for 20 minutes and scored 1TD. That’s not good enough.

The narrative would change with many people but not me. Like I’ve said many times, w/l isn’t how I evaluate Mitch. and the narrative surrounding him late last season was not that he’s a loser or can’t win the big game. That’s absolute bs.

The narrative was that he needed to play better.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phil Simms kinda stole this particular take, that the Bears coaching staff started and fed the narrative on Trubisky, from his son Chris. I remember listening to a clip of Chris Simms last season where he said that the word on Trubisky around the NFL was that he wasn’t the smartest guy in the world.

Simms then went on to accuse Matt Nagy and his coaching staff of purposely spreading this information (basically what Phil Simms is inferring in the OP) to take the heat off of themselves. The Simms family really does not like Matt Nagy, lol. Father and son have now both called him out publicly.

For those interested, clip I referenced starts at 37:40 of this video...

[video]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Phil Simms kinda stole this particular take, that the Bears coaching staff started and fed the narrative on Trubisky, from his son Chris. I remember listening to a clip of Chris Simms last season where he said that the word on Trubisky around the NFL was that he wasn’t the smartest guy in the world.

I think it's pretty obvious just by listening to him that Trubisky isn't very smart.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, seems pretty obvious by reading this message board that Trubisky may in fact be smarter than most of his hate posters.

We get it...give it a rest.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Are we saying book smart or street smart? Craig Krenzel could ace a microbiology exam but he would get his lunch money stollen by a toddler.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Sweet Article, Hope Andrew Luck will come out of Retirement, plays for Pagano , wins a few SB with the Bears.

Last edited:

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Boomer Esiason also. I will trust the words of these two QB's versus a bunch of goofs on a DB. I've been in Mitch's corner and I'm quite certain he will prove all of you guys who doubt him wrong before the end of this season.

I'll take Steve Young's words over both of those scrubs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boomer Esiason also. I will trust the words of these two QB's versus a bunch of goofs on a DB. I've been in Mitch's corner and I'm quite certain he will prove all of you guys who doubt him wrong before the end of this season.

You've been saying this all season. The problem is, if it does indeed happen but not until the end of this season, Bears are missing the playoffs. #bookit

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been in Mitch's corner and I'm quite certain he will prove all of you guys who doubt him wrong before the end of this season.

So you keep saying. If he's going to "prove us wrong before the end of the season" he better start now though. Because if he continues to suck for a few more weeks and then has a few good games late in the season, that most certainly will not prove the doubters wrong.

Proving us wrong would be playing the rest of the year like a franchise QB, winning tough games with offensive production and putting a decent amount of points on the board.

He doesn't need huge numbers to prove us wrong, but he does need to play consistently like the franchise player he was drafted to be.

He needs to put two-thirds of a quality season together and that starts now. You can't tell us in week 11 that he's going to prove us wrong. It needs to be now. And a decent game against the Saints doesn't prove us wrong. It needs to be consistent and sustained.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you keep saying. If he's going to "prove us wrong before the end of the season" he better start now though. Because if, for example, he continues to suck for a few more weeks and then has a couple of good games late in the season, that most certainly will not prove the doubters wrong.

Proving us wrong would be playing the rest of the year like a franchise QB, winning tough games with offensive production and putting a decent amount of points on the board.

He doesn't need huge numbers to prove us wrong, but he does need to play consistently like the franchise player he was drafted to be.

He needs to put two-thirds of a quality season together and that starts now.

Totally agree. I'm setting my personal benchmark for him: He must by season's end catch up to Patrick Mahommes' 2019 season passing TD total.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally agree. I'm setting my personal benchmark for him: He must by season's end catch up to Patrick Mahommes' 2019 season passing TD total.

He ain't gonna touch that.
Mahommes will return in a month or less they are saying. What you mean is he has to catch where Mahommes is right now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He ain't gonna touch that.
Mahommes will return in a month or less they are saying. What you mean is he has to catch where Mahommes is right now.
Oh, I thought Mahommes would be out for the rest of the season. I guess I'll have to take this back. There's absolutely zero chance he matches Mahommes TD total if Mahommes is going to continue playing this year at all, even just a couple games, despite what @TheWinman is telling everyone all season long...