Phil Simms on Trubisky

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, seems pretty obvious by reading this message board that Trubisky may in fact be smarter than most of his hate posters.

We get it...give it a rest.
Yeah because his apologists are so intelligent.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
I like Phil's commentary and he typically has good insight. I think in this situation he's just sticking up for the young QB and the fraternity. It's true we don't give young QBs enough time and encouragement. They are thrown into the fire storm of unreasonably fan, franchise and media expectations of instant gratification that has probably ruined many young players' careers. With that said, I still say TruBUSTsky.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Steve Young said Trestman (his old coach) was going to be great for the Bears...

I honestly don't take the word of most media members regardless if they played the game or not. Too many bias, too many characters and some are straight garbage to listen to like deion sanders

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
God dam that was a great few drives by Mitch in that Eagles game. I forgot how close he got the Bears for the FG. We should have won that game.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mostly agree with Phil, and I do think many Bears fans lack perspective and are knee jerk with their opinions.

However, I can understand the angst for three reasons:

1) Despite looking like dog shit against the Raiders, we have a SB ready defense and who knows how long that window lasts.

2) Chicago feels QB cursed. We had to watch Brett Favre get replaced with Aaron Rodgers, and Bears fans are desperate to find "the guy". Our franchise records in this area are laughably low given how long the organization has been around.

3) Mitch's draft class. Although I do think looking at this in hindsight is a little silly, especially with Mahomes. Watson is a different story.

All that said, I'm willing to be patient before entering into flip out mode. But that's just how I roll...
. Watson is a different story. Exactly Right

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty obvious just by listening to him that Trubisky isn't very smart.
I mean not many football players are. You don't have to have a certain IQ to be a good qb

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Oh, I thought Mahommes would be out for the rest of the season. I guess I'll have to take this back. There's absolutely zero chance he matches Mahommes TD total if Mahommes is going to continue playing this year at all, even just a couple games, despite what @TheWinman is telling everyone all season long...
Mahomes

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I would think being smarter allows someone to be more in command of the mental side of the game.

Watson doesn't sound very smart either from his interviews. Just because he's broken down coverages in the post-game doesn't mean Trubisky can't do that.

Cutler wasn't a dumb guy by any means but he struggled with the mental side of the game.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson doesn't sound very smart either from his interviews. Just because he's broken down coverages in the post-game doesn't mean Trubisky can't do that.

Cutler wasn't a dumb guy by any means but he struggled with the mental side of the game.
Exactly right,

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hey Phil it's not 1990 anymore. If you still have to wonder if Mitch can be the guy after three years, he's not the guy.

Look at the positives, at least it isn't year 6 and you are still trying to figure out if he's the guy, like a certain hometown Jimmy.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy for Phil the analyst to take the contrarian view on Mitch, low risk/high reward prediction.

Now if Phil were a GM bet he wouldn't have this stance.