Pick Creator/Cutler trade/Trade Back Mock Offseason

Liked Posts:
Although the Bears do have some talent to work with on the roster, IMO it's beyond obvious that they're now in a complete rebuild phase. The Bears are not going to get anywhere with 5 & 6 draft picks an offseason. Something has to give with getting extra picks. Yes I do believe there will be a market for Jay Cutler. No I don't believe he'll net us a first, let alone Cleveland's 12th & 19th pick like Wilbon implied in a recent article. I think a team trading Cutler to a team like the St. Louis Rams. IMO there are teams that can & are in a position to win with a QB like Cutler under center & the Rams are one of them. IMO in order to win with a QB like Cutler you need a strong running game & a top 5-10 defense to go with it that can sustain mistakes & turnovers, much like the Bears defense did with Lovie & Marinelli were running the Bears defense. So as a result in this mock I have the Bears trading Jay Cutler to the St.Louis Rams for picks 42(R2) & 138(R5)

I do believe that the Bears do end up trading Brandon Marshall. I'm not advocating for it, & I don't necessarily like it, please understand this, but unfortunately I think it will happen, up until Marshall was dinged up he had been a production beast, but I do think it's ultimately going to happen. I don't believe that he's going to want to take a pay cut for a team that is rebuilding after just signing a new deal. So I have the Bears trading Brandon Marshall to the Baltimore Ravens for pick #90(R3). That may seem like a high pick to some, low to others but it's very close to being a 4th round pick based on where the Ravens are picking.

Finally I have the Bears trading pick # 7 to the Houston Texans, who want a new WR - Amari Cooper from Alabama for life after Andre Johnson. But I've got a feeling they'll need to leapfrog the Browns to get him, for picks #16(R1), #48(R2), & #112(R4).

Moving Cutler & Marshall should also create a nice chunk of cap space to address other multiple needs with young solid FA talent.

Ultimately this gives the Bears picks:

1(16) From Texans
2(39)
2(42) From Rams
2(48) From Texans
3(67)
3(90) From Baltimore
4(103)
4(112) From Texans
5(138) From Rams
6(167)
7(199)

That's a nice clip of picks to play with, & high picks too, in a draft where there really doesn't appear to be a huge differential in talent among the players in in the higher round. IMO, outside of Leonard Williams I just do not see a player that is definitively the #1 prospect. IMO, outside of Williams & maybe Gregory, there's a bunch of players in this draft that could go as early as number two or even fall to as deep as the top of the third round.

Resign:

DT - Stephen Paea - Yes Paea does fit in a 1 gap 3-4, & despite his lack of size he has more than enough power to even take some snaps & funnel plays through the LB's in a 2 gap 3-4 also. Love him or hate him it's undeniable that Paea is a powerhouse physically. Size may be ideal to some in a 2 gap system but ultimately it's strength & raw playing power that is the necessity from 2-gap D-linemen. I'd also bet the farm that Fangio will maintain some 4-3 formations also just based on the personnel he is going to have to work with.

CB - Demontre Hurst - 23

ILB - DeDe Lattimore - 24

S - Danny McCray - 26

ILB - Darryl Sharpton - 27

OT - Eben Britton - 27

WR - Josh Morgan - 29

FREE AGENCY:

I don't believe the Bears should hit home runs in free agency on players like Suh or Perish Cox. Though unfortunately the Bears have worked themselves into a position where they almost have to use FA to gradually get out of the hole they've worked themselves into. Then hopefully from here on out have hopefully more than 7 draft picks every offseason. IMO there just too much good young talent in these drafts to be missing out the way the Bears have been the past some odd number of years. I believe they should target a good young safety in FA, a viable replacement for Marshall like Torrey Smith, & young high second tier FA's to fill out the roster, while focusing on the draft to get their core players.

FS - Rahim Moore

WR - Torrey Smith

CB - Chris Culliver

TE - Charles Clay

C - Stefen Wisniewski

QB - Brian Hoyer

LS - Danny Aiken

DRAFT:

IMO the outside of getting a new QB rebuilding the front 7 should be priority 1 period. Get the foundation laid now & go from there.

1(16) - DE/OLB/LEO - Alvin Dupree - 6'4"/270 - Kentucky

aab3og.jpg

2(39) - DT/NT - Jordan Phillips - 6'6"/334

fclnoi.jpg

2(42) - QB - Brett Hundley - 6'3"/230 - UCLA

ht6a1u.jpg

2(48) - ILB - Eric Kendricks - 6'0'/230 - UCLA

qrn0no.jpg

3(67) CB - Kevin Johnson (IMO the best pure 3-4 coverage CB in this draft, he's a bit lanky, needs to improve his run defense, & needs some size but the kid is like glue in coverage)

2drghd.jpg

3(90) ILB - Denzel Perryman - 5'11"/245 - Miami

w144t3.jpg

4(103) OT - Donovan Smith - 6'6"/341 - Penn State (IMO this guy is going to be a stud Tackle or Guard in a year or two, if that long)

fc79rd.jpg

4(112) DE/DT - Henry Anderson - 6'6"/290 - Stanford

k0gfpk.jpg

5(138) HB - Javorious Allen - 6'1"/220 - USC

28bvaya.jpg

6(167) DE/DT - Ray Drew - 6'5"/285 - Georgia

de7hax.jpg

7(199) WR - Dezmin Lewis - 6'4"/215 - Central Arkansas (IMO this kid is a steal waiting to happen)

348iped.jpg

UDFA:

LS - Andrew East - 6'2"/239 - Vanderbuilt

OT/OG - Jamon Brown - 6'4"/330 - Louisville

DT/DE - Darius Philon - 6'2"/272 - Arkansas

HB/KR/PR/ST - Corey Grant - 5'10/205 - Auburn

QB - Cody Fajardo - 6'2/222 - Nevada

FB/TE - Gerald Christian - 6'3"/250 - Louisville

WR/KR/PR - Deon Long - 6'0/188 - Maryland

HB/KR/PR - Dee Hart - 5'8"/189 - Colorado State

CB - Curtis Riley - 6'0'/190 - Fresno State

53 MAN (FA/DRAFT ADDITIONS BOLDED:

QB - Brett Hundley, Hoyer

HB - Matt Forte, Ka'Deem Carey, Javorious Allen

FB - Gerald Christian

WR - Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Marquis Wilson, Dezmin Lewis , Josh Morgan

TE - Martellus Bennett, Charles Clay, Annen

LT - Jermon Bushrod, Britton

LG - Slauson, Ola

C - Stefen Wisniewski

RG - Kyle Long, Leno

RT - Donovan Smith , Mills

RDE (3-4) - Henry Anderson , Paea, Ferguson

LDE (3-4) - Ray Drew , Ratliff, Sutton

NT (3-4) - Jordan Phillips, Ratliff, Ferguson

DT (HYBRID) - Paea, Ferguson

NT (HYBRID) - Jordan Phillips, Ferguson, Ratliff

LDE (HYBRID) - Ratliff, Sutton

RDE (4-3 SUB) - Willie Young, Dupree, Houston, Bass

LDE (4-3 SUB) - Jared Allen, Houston, Bass

Shade DT (4-3 SUB) - Ratliff, Paea, Ferguson

3 Tech. DT (4-3 SUB) - Sutton, Ratliff, Paea

LEO LB (Hybrid) - Alvin Dupree, Young, Jones

SAM LB (Hybrid) - Young, Jones, Dupree

JACK/JOKER OLB (3-4) - Dupree, Young, Jones

SAM OLB (3-4) - Young, Jones, Dupree

MIKE ILB (3-4) - Eric Kendricks, Jones, Bostic

WILL ILB (3-4) - Perryman, Bostic, Greene

SAM LB (4-3 SUB) - Christian Jones, Bostic

MIKE LB (4-3 SUB/HYBRID) - Kendricks, Bostic, Perryman

WILL LB (4-3 SUB/HYBRID) - Perryman, Greene

CB - Kyle Fuller, Kevin Johnson, Chris Culliver, Tim Jennings, Louis-Jean

FS - Rahim Moore, Walters

SS - Brock Vareen, McCray

K - Gould

P - O'Donnell

LS - Danny Aiken

KR - Deon Long, Corey Grant

PR - Dee Hart, Corey Grant

Liked Posts:
Mods how do I delete this? I did not want to post this yet.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That's not a picture of Brett Hundley. Oh and this is crazy.

Liked Posts:

No it's not. I wasn't done with it. Far from it actually. I didn't even get all of the typos edited out. Too late now, is what it is I guess.

Liked Posts:

Actually it's really not far off based the basic info at a lot basic draft beatnik sites. Now granted D.V.C. & beatnik sites shouldn't be taken literally for the most part they do tend to fall within the vicinity of the actual outcomes. The trades are all in line with point value on the draft value chart.The prospects are in line with their current rankings on the pop sites like CBS, NFLDRAFTSCOUT, Walter Football, Bleach Report Etc. The trades are nothing that haven't already been mentioned throughout the media multiple times. All but 1 of the FA signings are second tier FA's that would be affordable if Cutler & Marshall were traded. Yes I do believe that at least one of Cutler or Marshall are going to be traded, & I also think the Bears trade back this year because unlike recent years, they finally have a first round pick appealing enough for another team to trade up for at #7.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 question how can any of us be sure the bears are going nowhere next season? after all the coaching staff was shit but that is now changed. imo we went from bottom 10 to top 10 coaching staffs and we really don't know what team we have at this point

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is probably a 120-130 million dollar free agency period.

The top 4-5 guys will get 20-30 million dollar deals.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Trading Cutler and Marshall means there will be no expectations next year so you might as well try and trade Forte and J. Allen too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Although the Bears do have some talent to work with on the roster, IMO it's beyond obvious that they're now in a complete rebuild phase. The Bears are not going to get anywhere with 5 & 6 draft picks an offseason. Something has to give with getting extra picks. Yes I do believe there will be a market for Jay Cutler. No I don't believe he'll net us a first, let alone Cleveland's 12th & 19th pick like Wilbon implied in a recent article. I think a team trading Cutler to a team like the St. Louis Rams. IMO there are teams that can & are in a position to win with a QB like Cutler under center & the Rams are one of them. IMO in order to win with a QB like Cutler you need a strong running game & a top 5-10 defense to go with it that can sustain mistakes & turnovers, much like the Bears defense did with Lovie & Marinelli were running the Bears defense. So as a result in this mock I have the Bears trading Jay Cutler to the St.Louis Rams for picks 42(R2) & 138(R5)

I do believe that the Bears do end up trading Brandon Marshall. I'm not advocating for it, & I don't necessarily like it, please understand this, but unfortunately I think it will happen, up until Marshall was dinged up he had been a production beast, but I do think it's ultimately going to happen. I don't believe that he's going to want to take a pay cut for a team that is rebuilding after just signing a new deal. So I have the Bears trading Brandon Marshall to the Baltimore Ravens for pick #90(R3). That may seem like a high pick to some, low to others but it's very close to being a 4th round pick based on where the Ravens are picking.

Finally I have the Bears trading pick # 7 to the Houston Texans, who want a new WR - Amari Cooper from Alabama for life after Andre Johnson. But I've got a feeling they'll need to leapfrog the Browns to get him, for picks #16(R1), #48(R2), & #112(R4).

Moving Cutler & Marshall should also create a nice chunk of cap space to address other multiple needs with young solid FA talent.

Ultimately this gives the Bears picks:

1(16) From Texans
2(39)
2(42) From Rams
2(48) From Texans
3(67)
3(90) From Baltimore
4(103)
4(112) From Texans
5(138) From Rams
6(167)
7(199)

That's a nice clip of picks to play with, & high picks too, in a draft where there really doesn't appear to be a huge differential in talent among the players in in the higher round. IMO, outside of Leonard Williams I just do not see a player that is definitively the #1 prospect. IMO, outside of Williams & maybe Gregory, there's a bunch of players in this draft that could go as early as number two or even fall to as deep as the top of the third round.

Resign:

DT - Stephen Paea - Yes Paea does fit in a 1 gap 3-4, & despite his lack of size he has more than enough power to even take some snaps & funnel plays through the LB's in a 2 gap 3-4 also. Love him or hate him it's undeniable that Paea is a powerhouse physically. Size may be ideal to some in a 2 gap system but ultimately it's strength & raw playing power that is the necessity from 2-gap D-linemen. I'd also bet the farm that Fangio will maintain some 4-3 formations also just based on the personnel he is going to have to work with.

CB - Demontre Hurst - 23

ILB - DeDe Lattimore - 24

S - Danny McCray - 26

ILB - Darryl Sharpton - 27

OT - Eben Britton - 27

WR - Josh Morgan - 29

FREE AGENCY:

I don't believe the Bears should hit home runs in free agency on players like Suh or Perish Cox. Though unfortunately the Bears have worked themselves into a position where they almost have to use FA to gradually get out of the hole they've worked themselves into. Then hopefully from here on out have hopefully more than 7 draft picks every offseason. IMO there just too much good young talent in these drafts to be missing out the way the Bears have been the past some odd number of years. I believe they should target a good young safety in FA, a viable replacement for Marshall like Torrey Smith, & young high second tier FA's to fill out the roster, while focusing on the draft to get their core players.

FS - Rahim Moore

WR - Torrey Smith

CB - Chris Culliver

TE - Charles Clay

C - Stefen Wisniewski

QB - Brian Hoyer

LS - Danny Aiken

DRAFT:

IMO the outside of getting a new QB rebuilding the front 7 should be priority 1 period. Get the foundation laid now & go from there.

1(16) - DE/OLB/LEO - Alvin Dupree - 6'4"/270 - Kentucky

aab3og.jpg

2(39) - DT/NT - Jordan Phillips - 6'6"/334

fclnoi.jpg

2(42) - QB - Brett Hundley - 6'3"/230 - UCLA

ht6a1u.jpg

2(48) - ILB - Eric Kendricks - 6'0'/230 - UCLA

qrn0no.jpg

3(67) CB - Kevin Johnson (IMO the best pure 3-4 coverage CB in this draft, he's a bit lanky, needs to improve his run defense, & needs some size but the kid is like glue in coverage)

2drghd.jpg

3(90) ILB - Denzel Perryman - 5'11"/245 - Miami

w144t3.jpg

4(103) OT - Donovan Smith - 6'6"/341 - Penn State (IMO this guy is going to be a stud Tackle or Guard in a year or two, if that long)

fc79rd.jpg

4(112) DE/DT - Henry Anderson - 6'6"/290 - Stanford

k0gfpk.jpg

5(138) HB - Javorious Allen - 6'1"/220 - USC

28bvaya.jpg

6(167) DE/DT - Ray Drew - 6'5"/285 - Georgia

de7hax.jpg

7(199) WR - Dezmin Lewis - 6'4"/215 - Central Arkansas (IMO this kid is a steal waiting to happen)

348iped.jpg

UDFA:

LS - Andrew East - 6'2"/239 - Vanderbuilt

OT/OG - Jamon Brown - 6'4"/330 - Louisville

DT/DE - Darius Philon - 6'2"/272 - Arkansas

HB/KR/PR/ST - Corey Grant - 5'10/205 - Auburn

QB - Cody Fajardo - 6'2/222 - Nevada

FB/TE - Gerald Christian - 6'3"/250 - Louisville

WR/KR/PR - Deon Long - 6'0/188 - Maryland

HB/KR/PR - Dee Hart - 5'8"/189 - Colorado State

CB - Curtis Riley - 6'0'/190 - Fresno State

Hahahaha wow you even know who the UDFA's you want are. LOL What is this board coming to with these crazy mock drafts??

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Atleast this is one of the more thought out ones.

I don't understand the hate, its not like we have better things on here to read.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason to be nasty to the guy, he clearly put in a lot of work. If the OP has children, then really needs to reevaluate his time.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No reason to be nasty to the guy, he clearly put in a lot of work. If the OP has children, then really needs to reevaluate his time.

I don't think anybody was being "nasty" until you brought his family into it. Shame on you.