Pick one

Collins77

Liked Posts:
So hypothetically, if ya had to pick a WR. Pickens, Moore, Watson, Bell, and the rest of the 2nd tier WRs are all available at 39 who ya got? Why them over the others? Rainout today, bored as heck.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So hypothetically, if ya had to pick a WR. Pickens, Moore, Watson, Bell, and the rest of the 2nd tier WRs are all available at 39 who ya got? Why them over the others? Rainout today, bored as heck.
Just my limited look into some of these guys, Sky Moore seems to be awfully similar to Darnell Mooney. Having those two guys, while not big guys, would be awfully tough for defenses to handle because they could beat at every level of the field.

I'd go Pickens though. Without the injury, he'd be right in the mix near the top of this WR draft class. Hard to pass up on that type of potential especially when his likely floor is as a functional outside WR.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I keep flipping back and forth. Love Moore's explosiveness, and he just looks like a star. You are right about his Mooney attributes. He's a bit more solid but still has that wiggle.
Pickens is a straight up warrior. I love his attitude. He's also in the SEC so he has seen better competition. Of course the ACL scares me a bit, but it's not like 10 yrs ago. With his size and speed he could be amazing. If we didn't have Mooney and Pringle I'd probably go with Moore. With our current depth I think Pickens fits better.
Watson is a wild card, it's hard to tell how good he is against his competition. He measures up, and might be the best outta the bunch. Seems like more of a chance tho. I'm glad I don't have to make the pick
Just my limited look into some of these guys, Sky Moore seems to be awfully similar to Darnell Mooney. Having those two guys, while not big guys, would be awfully tough for defenses to handle because they could beat at every level of the field.

I'd go Pickens though. Without the injury, he'd be right in the mix near the top of this WR draft class. Hard to pass up on that type of potential especially when his likely floor is as a functional outside WR.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
To me Watson if he is there............which I highly doubt.

Liked Posts:
Like others have said if Watson is available I’d look at taking him. Quick and has good size, potential to be a real handful with the right coaching.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
With expected WR's available I like Watson, Pierce, Pickens, Moore and Dotson in that order. The 1st 2 for their size, speed, vertical and catch ability. Pickens for his all around ability, worry about the attitude a little, with the last 2 they would be a great scheme fit, speed, route running etc.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
None of the above.

We shat (at least smart posters) all over Javon Wims and Anthony Miller—rightfully so—for losing cool and throwing punches at another player during a big game. Pickens does it in a big game against an important opponent and we give him a pass…..why? Oh, he’s pre injured too? LOL

David Bell is a possession/non-speed guy and taking him at 39 is a reach. Especially when by the time he gets open Fields will already have been sacked for 4 seconds.

The NDST kid looks interesting, and the speed is there to like. No guarantee it translates when a competent DB on his level athletically gets physical with him. Not enough of him beating that on college tape and can’t consider that at 39.

Moore’s the best name of these 4. I prefer Khalil Shakir from Boise State with the 2nd 2nd rounder after an OL or 3 tech first. Has everything you want on a college resume except isn’t 6’4 so fans will not want that.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bell at 39 is a fireable offense.

Love Moore but seems better suited in the slot and on the shorter side.

Pickens or Watson would be the call.....but if those three are there at 39 then I'd either trade down a few slots or take on OL if available and look for one of those three with the second 2nd rounder

DickButkus97

Liked Posts:
None of the above.

We shat (at least smart posters) all over Javon Wims and Anthony Miller—rightfully so—for losing cool and throwing punches at another player during a big game. Pickens does it in a big game against an important opponent and we give him a pass…..why? Oh, he’s pre injured too? LOL

David Bell is a possession/non-speed guy and taking him at 39 is a reach. Especially when by the time he gets open Fields will already have been sacked for 4 seconds.

The NDST kid looks interesting, and the speed is there to like. No guarantee it translates when a competent DB on his level athletically gets physical with him. Not enough of him beating that on college tape and can’t consider that at 39.

Moore’s the best name of these 4. I prefer Khalil Shakir from Boise State with the 2nd 2nd rounder after an OL or 3 tech first. Has everything you want on a college resume except isn’t 6’4 so fans will not want that.
Good points. I like the idea of a tall outside receiver to replace Robinson. Most will not agree, but we got one in St Brown. I saw a breakdown of his film that shows he was able to do the things he was asked to do- run correct routes, block, catch the ball, get tough yards on 3rd down, carry the ball effectively- but that was for the other team. With Getsy he might be given a more flashy role given his size acceptable speed and lack of HOF receivers on the same team to get the targets.

So I would go with Moore or Shakir and hope that they could actually get on the field.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’ll take Metchie III. I don’t care about the ACL. He has blazing speed and is an excellent route runner. He can play inside and out and he’s a huge YAC guy.

The route he ran on the game winning TD against Auburn last year should be illegal it was so lethal.

Without the injury, there’s no way he’s available in the 2nd and they might be able to get him with 48.

Metchie with the game winner v Auburn:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I’ll take Metchie III. I don’t care about the ACL. He has blazing speed and is an excellent route runner. He can play inside and out and he’s a huge YAC guy.

The route he ran on the game winning TD against Auburn last year should be illegal it was so lethal.

Without the injury, there’s no way he’s available in the 2nd and they might be able to get him with 48.

It speaks to the incredible depth at the position this draft when there's literally like 6 guys you can make solid arguments for taking at that spot.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:

I'm with you on this.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
None. Take whoever is left in round 3. Take OL and CB with the round 2 picks.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Agreed. I think that was against McCreary as well