Pius Suter

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right on Diehard, this is now a Rocky problem, he will eventually have to make the wise decision and can this idiot of a GM.
I think Rocky has totally taken a step back at his age after anointing 'Prince Daniel' and let's not forget......he was the liquor executive of the year a while back!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think Rocky has totally taken a step back at his age after anointing 'Prince Daniel' and let's not forget......he was the liquor executive of the year a while back!
Did he get a shaker tin filled with his favorite highball?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did he get a shaker tin filled with his favorite highball?
He got better than that.........CEO of a NHL franchise was the award apparently.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
He got better than that.........CEO of a NHL franchise was the award apparently.
After all this shit, I’d rather have the highball

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
2 years 3.25mil. That's about what i thought. That would have been fine if Stan didnt decide he want to add the big 3 contracts. I don't like losing him for 1 year (OR NONE) of Fleury

Granada

Liked Posts:
3.25 million per year is a ton for a guy who had one decent year in his first season. I would have liked to have kept him, but not for that price. He looked stellar early but completely fell apart at the middle/end of the season.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
3.25 million per year is a ton for a guy who had one decent year in his first season. I would have liked to have kept him, but not for that price. He looked stellar early but completely fell apart at the middle/end of the season.

I agree that its a small sample size, but I see a lot of guys with similar production getting around 5mil like Granlund. I get that experience, past production, and other responsibilities count, but i don't feel like a short term contract of 3.25 is crazy for a guy who will probably get over 20 goals 40-50 points.

My biggest issue with losing him is that if they tendered him maybe he'd sign for less or you could at least get something for him. Also, they basically let him go because they want Fleury who might retire or only play this one season.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I agree that its a small sample size, but I see a lot of guys with similar production getting around 5mil like Granlund. I get that experience, past production, and other responsibilities count, but i don't feel like a short term contract of 3.25 is crazy for a guy who will probably get over 20 goals 40-50 points.

My biggest issue with losing him is that if they tendered him maybe he'd sign for less or you could at least get something for him. Also, they basically let him go because they want Fleury who might retire or only play this one season.

I guess I'm not as hung up about getting something for him as the majority. I mean, I can understand that argument for a solid productive veteran, but Suter wasn't this bonafide stud that people seem to think he was last year. He had a good stretch -- so did Strome right when he was traded here. So have a lot of guys who have ended up reverting back to being average to mediocre. Suter is still a question mark -- the Wings are taking the bet, but I'm not mad at Bowman for resisting and I'm not upset we got nothing for him because his value was fairly low anyway.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with a lot of folks here. Suter was hot early, but so were a lot of the young guys. Suter somehow managed to get a good contract so more power to him. I hope he does well but I would think this forum would have gone nuts if the Hawks paid him that much.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I look at is was between Suter and Strome. I would much have Suter, but guess Strome gets to hang around cause of his buddy D-Cat.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only 7 teams got to hit and bleed with Suter last year.

It's no surprise to me one of them gladly poached us.

I think it was a mistake and he is capable of sustaining the best of what we saw on a better team(not Detroit), or even just a team more stout around him(maybe Detroit.)