Playoff Bracket Thread

Granada

Liked Posts:
Know this is late but wanted to start a thread on this -- pretty simple, list the teams you think will (or want to) advance. If you want to put the games go ahead. If you want to put more than the 1st round go ahead.

Mine ( a few of these based more on who I want to win rather than who I think will win).

Flames
Avs
Wild
Kings (I felt dirty typing that just now, but seeing the Oil choke again is just too tempting).

Leafs (again, dirty, but fuck Tampa and their 3-peat)
Bruins
Rangers
Panthers

Granada

Liked Posts:
This influx of penalty-calling in the playoffs is ridiculous this year, I feel like I'm watching the NBA with some the stuff that's being called. It's the playoffs, let them play -- that's what always made this sport the best. But no, let's call every ticky-tack penalty.

When you're calling this type of stuff like in the video below, in the playoffs especially, it's an utter joke, I'm sorry. The original penalty was bad enough considering he barely touched the guy in both the stick-to-the-leg tap and the all-but phantom punch. To call a 4-minute penalty is just, wow.

From what I've seen, this is happening in the majority of series this year.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This influx of penalty-calling in the playoffs is ridiculous this year, I feel like I'm watching the NBA with some the stuff that's being called. It's the playoffs, let them play -- that's what always made this sport the best. But no, let's call every ticky-tack penalty.

When you're calling this type of stuff like in the video below, in the playoffs especially, it's an utter joke, I'm sorry. The original penalty was bad enough considering he barely touched the guy in both the stick-to-the-leg tap and the all-but phantom punch. To call a 4-minute penalty is just, wow.

From what I've seen, this is happening in the majority of series this year.

Yeah,I saw that game. First off Marchment missed him with the F'n punch and that love tap is NEVER called in the PO's....I knew Bruno wouldn't hold it against him. That could have been a HUGE call at that time in a two goal game and I guess Ovi on the PP is good TV for the league.....right?

I know Lundell's a rook but the hooking call earlier in that period is one we don't see in the PO's either.......it does seem more regular season-like as far as officiating to me so far too.
If they want to address the dangerous stuff,go ahead but it looks like they'll just call more ticky-tac stuff instead..........the leauge gets so little right it's amazing!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forsling,Keith,Leddy,Maata,Zadorov,TvR and Rutta and Carlsson is Fla's #7 after they brought in Chairot.........guess we HAD PO worthy D-men!

Forsling was a PLUS FOUR and led all Cats in TOI in their smothering 5-1 game 2 win and......

Plus two and another quality 19:24 last night..........the Oil won't regret the Keith trade!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Forsling,Keith,Leddy,Maata,Zadorov,TvR and Rutta and Carlsson is Fla's #7 after they brought in Chairot.........guess we HAD PO worthy D-men!

Forsling was a PLUS FOUR and led all Cats in TOI in their smothering 5-1 game 2 win and......

Plus two and another quality 19:24 last night..........the Oil won't regret the Keith trade!
I've been trying to watch as much of that series as I can. Granted, I haven't seen it all, but from what I have seen, Keith's been solid. I've really only seen him look bad on one goal against. Maybe I'm wrong. And E. Kane is tearing it up for them, I knew that would be a great pickup for them. Nevertheless, although I hate the Kings, I would rather see them win than the Oil.

Damn Bob, I don't know what is going on with the Panthers, or the Flames for that matter, but they both better get it together quick. At least Nash is down 0-3.

What do you think of all these bull shit penalty/roughing calls this year? Remember when the majority of playoff hockey was played 5-on-5? Guess those were the days.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been trying to watch as much of that series as I can. Granted, I haven't seen it all, but from what I have seen, Keith's been solid. I've really only seen him look bad on one goal against. Maybe I'm wrong. And E. Kane is tearing it up for them, I knew that would be a great pickup for them. Nevertheless, although I hate the Kings, I would rather see them win than the Oil.

Damn Bob, I don't know what is going on with the Panthers, or the Flames for that matter, but they both better get it together quick. At least Nash is down 0-3.

What do you think of all these bull shit penalty/roughing calls this year? Remember when the majority of playoff hockey was played 5-on-5? Guess those were the days.
Game one coulda went either way and that rare Weegar gva for a break-away was tough and the Cats had their way in game 2 BUT game 3 is a bit concerning although series have ebbs and flows. Win tonight and it's a best of 3 with 2 in Sunrise,if Fla can't handle a 1 game series deposit.....they'll never advance.
I dunno G,if the league wanted to crack down on dangerous play,that'd be one thing but they just seem to be calling the ticky-tak shit they let go in the PO's in the past.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Game one coulda went either way and that rare Weegar gva for a break-away was tough and the Cats had their way in game 2 BUT game 3 is a bit concerning although series have ebbs and flows. Win tonight and it's a best of 3 with 2 in Sunrise,if Fla can't handle a 1 game series deposit.....they'll never advance.
I dunno G,if the league wanted to crack down on dangerous play,that'd be one thing but they just seem to be calling the ticky-tak shit they let go in the PO's in the past.
It's completely ruining the game too in my view. I guess the "we're going to crack down on cross-checks" bull shit was code for "we want way more power plays and goals in the playoffs and we don't care if it ruins the integrity of the sport."

Bust

Liked Posts:
Rangers are choking.

Specially their all world regular season goaltender. Got pulled early again

Granada

Liked Posts:
Rangers are choking.

Specially their all world regular season goaltender. Got pulled early again
They are choking, but in Systerkin's defense, many of those goals were tips last night.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Flames and Panthers win last night; and Avs complete the sweep. Think the Preds were up by 1 in the 3rd, but they blew it. Avs were without Kuemper and still didn't miss a beat. I know the playoffs aren't factored in the Norris race and that it's a strong class, but if Makar doesn't win the Norris, that'll be a travesty. I'd put him right up there with McDavid as one of the most entertaining players to watch in the game.

Johnny Hockey finally showed up last night, drew a couple penalties and scored a penalty shot. By far the best game the Flames played.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's completely ruining the game too in my view. I guess the "we're going to crack down on cross-checks" bull shit was code for "we want way more power plays and goals in the playoffs and we don't care if it ruins the integrity of the sport."
The NHL postseason has remained one of the last real and pure things in sports IMO but not very pretty, welcome to the new age or should I say the ESPN age.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't say I don't enjoy watchin' Trashville fans get swept but they got by with D and goaltending all year.......anybody beats em w/o 38 win Saros in there. I think the Avs woulda been better served by a tough 7 game series instead of abusing a 25yro GT with 3 career starts coming in but maybe all the extra rest will FINALLY get em past the 2nd round.

The Cats on the other hand are facing adversity and getting a necessary lesson in round one. Everybody was on board and fired up for Tampa in last year's 1st round but the Cats looked like they thought they could just waltz in and win a series this year and that doesn't happen.....now they know.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I can't say I don't enjoy watchin' Trashville fans get swept but they got by with D and goaltending all year.......anybody beats em w/o 38 win Saros in there. I think the Avs woulda been better served by a tough 7 game series instead of abusing a 25yro GT with 3 career starts coming in but maybe all the extra rest will FINALLY get em past the 2nd round.

The Cats on the other hand are facing adversity and getting a necessary lesson in round one. Everybody was on board and fired up for Tampa in last year's 1st round but the Cats looked like they thought they could just waltz in and win a series this year and that doesn't happen.....now they know.
I am thrilled Nashville got the boot, but I am not to thrilled that Tampa is still flying, The cats are facing a very tough Washington team that will not lie down for anyone so hopefully a hard tough series will elevate them to the next level if there is one indeed. The AVS are a very good team, for there sake can they get over the hump to be that team, can Nathan lead his team, Calgary have enough talent as well to be a team not to dismiss. So far the hockey has been entertaining and of course Pitts, any team with Crosby and Malkin you can’t take to lightly.

Bust

Liked Posts:

LOL!!! KEITH GOT SCHOOLED IN OT.

OOOPS! OILERS LOSE!!!

Granada

Liked Posts:

OOOPS! OILERS LOSE!!!

Kane over-skated the puck in the neutral zone. Keith isn't innocent on the play, but that's what really led to that goal. But yeah, Keith didn't have a great game overall last night.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nice seeing the Lightning blow a two-goal lead last night. Hopefully that was a series-changing moment and the Leafs finish them. Wild are blowing it. One of the announcers of one of the games last night said that whoever wins Game 5 goes on to win the series 79% of the time.

Speaking of announcers, that Leah Hextall -- rough. Her first goal-call in the LA/Oil game literally made my ears hurt. Then she went completely silent for another goal call, think it was the tying goal by Edmonton, I don't know if she freaked out and knocked the mic off the table or what, it was beyond weird. She needs to relax and stop trying so hard/thinking so much.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice seeing the Lightning blow a two-goal lead last night. Hopefully that was a series-changing moment and the Leafs finish them. Wild are blowing it. One of the announcers of one of the games last night said that whoever wins Game 5 goes on to win the series 79% of the time.

Speaking of announcers, that Leah Hextall -- rough. Her first goal-call in the LA/Oil game literally made my ears hurt. Then she went completely silent for another goal call, think it was the tying goal by Edmonton, I don't know if she freaked out and knocked the mic off the table or what, it was beyond weird. She needs to relax and stop trying so hard/thinking so much.
Yeah. She's not a good announcer. I'm all for getting more women into the booth, but she's as bad as Cheesedick. ESPN could do better than her.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Avs looking pretty unstoppable in the West. Makar is amazing. Igor falling apart for NYR (although not getting much help in front of him) certainly a surprise too but god I love playoff hockey.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

OOOPS! OILERS LOSE!!!

So your point's Keith had a bad paly in OT.......you're a human toothache!LOL!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Laff has been a monster for the Rangers this series.

Is there hope for Dach?