hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Just to circle back to this, Kappo Kakko was a healthy scratch for Game 6. He was picked 2nd before Dach. Guess it's -- I don't know, comforting? -- to know that the Hawks aren't the only team to have problems with their top draft pick.

Dach for Kakko straight up? That's totally a Bowman move, lol. But it did cross my mind when I saw Kakko scratched. Maybe throw Kaner in there too for ???? (not super serious, just having fun)
Kane for Panarin lol

Granada

Liked Posts:
Compher continues to tear it up for the Avs, made a really nice play on the GWG.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Broncos 7, Buccaneers 0 :)

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa looks like they're on Quaaludes....LOL! Guess all that PO hockey catches up with ya and they have played four more PO games against much better teams this year w/o the long rests in between than the Avs.
Colorado can't choke it up from here......can they?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Tampa looks like they're on Quaaludes....LOL! Guess all that PO hockey catches up with ya and they have played four more PO games against much better teams this year w/o the long rests in between than the Avs.
Colorado can't choke it up from here......can they?
I sincerely hope not. That was pure domination last game, they made the Lightning look like the Blackhawks. They really had no answer for anything Colorado did, impressive to say the least.

Burakovsky went down though. It might not matter because the Avs are that frigging deep but I guess you never know.

What was pretty funny, is that almost every analyst I heard going into this series, picked Tampa; and on top of that, just as many if not more predicted that Tampa would make the necessary adjustments for Game 2. The series is far from over of course, but it's funny how utterly wrong they've been so far -- and this was everyone from the NHL Network, to ESPN, to the Spittin Chiclets guys (I think Bis was the only one to pick the Avs).

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sincerely hope not. That was pure domination last game, they made the Lightning look like the Blackhawks. They really had no answer for anything Colorado did, impressive to say the least.

Burakovsky went down though. It might not matter because the Avs are that frigging deep but I guess you never know.

What was pretty funny, is that almost every analyst I heard going into this series, picked Tampa; and on top of that, just as many if not more predicted that Tampa would make the necessary adjustments for Game 2. The series is far from over of course, but it's funny how utterly wrong they've been so far -- and this was everyone from the NHL Network, to ESPN, to the Spittin Chiclets guys (I think Bis was the only one to pick the Avs).
Tampa's worn out from deep run after deep run and the Avs are fresh as a daisy after resting for a week in between every weak opponent.....they're fresh as a daisy from all the early exits too.

I don't see TB turning the series around either.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Kuemper just got exposed like a man getting a prostate exam.

Plus a good tilt in an SCF match.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well Kuemper just got exposed like a man getting a prostate exam.

Plus a good tilt in an SCF match.
Yeah he really was exposed in Game 3. He was able to hide behind his skaters at home but on the road, that's a lot tougher to do.

Paging Natty MacK. Time to step up buddy.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah he really was exposed in Game 3. He was able to hide behind his skaters at home but on the road, that's a lot tougher to do.

Paging Natty MacK. Time to step up buddy.
Yep. But as I said elsewhere in 2010 Niemi and Huet were our Achilles heel and that series went 2 wins a-pop home and home.

Makinnon and Makar need to step up and hide their netminder, so game 4 will be telling. Wise man once say you never know in a series until a team loses at home.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yep. But as I said elsewhere in 2010 Niemi and Huet were our Achilles heel and that series went 2 wins a-pop home and home.

Makinnon and Makar need to step up and hide their netminder, so game 4 will be telling. Wise man once say you never know in a series until a team loses at home.
I agree but let me just say this about Niemi: the dude was green with a stacked team in front, but he was pretty lights-out that playoff year, especially in that San Jose series. Everybody wanted him re-signed, including myself. We were all livid at Wilson's offer-sheet to Hammer forcing the team to choose, but in the end, it was the best thing to ever happen. Just funny how things work out.

Everyone seems to think Kuemper will get the nod again, but if he lays another egg, then you're really fucked. I guess it makes sense because if you have to start Francois, you would want to do it at home, but still.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Avs better cut their food into real small pieces if they lose tonight,might want to keep other choking hazards out of reach as well!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree but let me just say this about Niemi: the dude was green with a stacked team in front, but he was pretty lights-out that playoff year, especially in that San Jose series. Everybody wanted him re-signed, including myself. We were all livid at Wilson's offer-sheet to Hammer forcing the team to choose, but in the end, it was the best thing to ever happen. Just funny how things work out.

Everyone seems to think Kuemper will get the nod again, but if he lays another egg, then you're really fucked. I guess it makes sense because if you have to start Francois, you would want to do it at home, but still.
I agree but goaltending was the "weakness" overall in 2010. And yes I agree, Niemi was bank in SJ.

We had the O and we had D in spades.

The avs need to up their O game for the 3rd.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been skeptical of this Avs team and they have disappointed the last few years but winning a low scoring,tight checking,SCF game on the road in OT when needed is big time stuff! I know a TB win only ties the series with 2 of 3 left in the thin,mountain air BUT that win was needed last night for the confidence necessary to close this out IMO.

Major to Kudos to Bednar also for stickin' with his #1 guy..........coaching matters!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawks don't get by San Jose without him and who knows what might have happened if that came to pass. The offer sheet did suck, but it was a wise way to attempt to weaken a conference foe, I don't blame Wilson for being a heads up GM. I'd seen enough of Crawford to know he was a comer so as much as I liked Niemi....it was Crawford's time. So matching for Hammer was a no-brainer in my eyes. It had to be a no-brainer for Bowman to get it right.