Playoff Bracket Thread

Granada

Liked Posts:
Anyone else see Cooper's meltdown during the post game? Pretty funny, I guess he's bitching that there should have been a too-many-men call on Colorado that should have negated the goal. Mackinnon does take his time getting on the bench, but he is clearly on his way off the ice. I guess technically, Cooper is right, but the refs always give teams some leeway when it comes to changes, they're not going to call that in an OT Stanley Cup Final game because it wasn't a blatant too-many-men. Plus they swallowed their whistles for the last like 4 penalties that occurred in the game already.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been skeptical of this Avs team and they have disappointed the last few years but winning a low scoring,tight checking,SCF game on the road in OT when needed is big time stuff! I know a TB win only ties the series with 2 of 3 left in the thin,mountain air BUT that win was needed last night for the confidence necessary to close this out IMO.

Major to Kudos to Bednar also for stickin' with his #1 guy..........coaching matters!
Even with all the talent they have, I too have always thought them to be a bit over rated. While they are younger, faster and most importantly, extremely well rested.....I have to wonder if both teams had equal rest how much different things might have gone. But hey, they wrapped up their earlier series quickly and are enjoying the rewards of that. They did that on their own....no one handed that to them.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone else see Cooper's meltdown during the post game? Pretty funny, I guess he's bitching that there should have been a too-many-men call on Colorado that should have negated the goal. Mackinnon does take his time getting on the bench, but he is clearly on his way off the ice. I guess technically, Cooper is right, but the refs always give teams some leeway when it comes to changes, they're not going to call that in an OT Stanley Cup Final game because it wasn't a blatant too-many-men. Plus they swallowed their whistles for the last like 4 penalties that occurred in the game already.
Exactly. Besdies, I think Tampa was gifted a non-call on too many men on or before the game winning play.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The Hawks don't get by San Jose without him and who knows what might have happened if that came to pass. The offer sheet did suck, but it was a wise way to attempt to weaken a conference foe, I don't blame Wilson for being a heads up GM. I'd seen enough of Crawford to know he was a comer so as much as I liked Niemi....it was Crawford's time. So matching for Hammer was a no-brainer in my eyes. It had to be a no-brainer for Bowman to get it right.
Ahhh, yes, I attended all the games in San Jose with my kids, it was glorious. Damn I miss that roster.......

Granada

Liked Posts:
I thought those two Avs calls that led to the 4-on-3 were chintzy as hell. I guess the fucking refs bought Cooper's bitch-fest about the too-many-men call the game prior. That completely changed the complexion of the game, of course.

I'm still waiting to see MacKinnon to show up, he's had a pretty bad series and we're already 5 games through.

Kuemper, man this dude just can't be counted on to make a big save during a critical moment. The Rutta goal was utterly atrocious and the GWG goal was more than savable -- a goalie has to make that save at that time, there's just no excuse for that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Congrats Avalanche.

Bust

Liked Posts:
MacKinnon's cap hit. Talk about a team friendly deal. Too bad Toe's and Kane didn't think ahead back in the day. 10 in a half million in those years were ranked #1 in the nhl. Two bodies taking up 21 million, ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MacKinnon's cap hit. Talk about a team friendly deal. Too bad Toe's and Kane didn't think ahead back in the day. 10 in a half million in those years were ranked #1 in the nhl. Two bodies taking up 21 million, ugh.

Toe's and Kane had already won a Cup when they got those contracts though.

Granada

Liked Posts:
That third period by the Avs was a thing of beauty. After watching the Hawks for so long, you forget what a perfect (mistake free) period of hockey looks like after a while. I really remember only one dangerous stop Kuemper had to make in the third and that's about it.

Perry goes to three consecutive Finals only to lose. I'd feel bad if the guy wasn't such a prick, but he is. Plus he won one in his career with Anaheim anyway.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's been though MUCH worse.
That third period by the Avs was a thing of beauty. After watching the Hawks for so long, you forget what a perfect (mistake free) period of hockey looks like after a while. I really remember only one dangerous stop Kuemper had to make in the third and that's about it.

Perry goes to three consecutive Finals only to lose. I'd feel bad if the guy wasn't such a prick, but he is. Plus he won one in his career with Anaheim anyway.
I must admit I like seeing Perry suffer. Dude's a smegma-encrusted douche-nozzle

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's been though MUCH worse.

I must admit I like seeing Perry suffer. Dude's a smegma-encrusted douche-nozzle
Every time I see a team win it, I'm always anxious to see if anyone will drop it. I remember being super paranoid whenever the Hawks won that one of them would. Chara came damn close to dropping it in 2011. I don't think it's ever been dropped while being hoisted, but maybe I'm wrong.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching the game with my youngest after the Avs win he said I’m gonna win that Stanley Cup so we can get drunk dad, and you better not drop the Cup. Than not more than 5 minutes later the Cup drops and we both just started laughing.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You could take all the time you need and still not come up with a worse comparison! MacKinnon was a 21yro RFA when he signed that bridge deal for God's sake,let's see what he wants when it expires next year.

The number of stupid bastards still bitching about what two great cup winners make while Connolly and Johnson STOLE 8.5M last year is remarkable!
If K&T both took a mill and half less each we coulda had two fucking Connolly's .....LOFL!

McD-bag and Lying Rocky wanted to have the two highest paid guys in the league.......they shoulda turned it down? You woulda?

Kane was a 33yro on a terrible team and he still outscored MacKinnon this year......LOFL!

Granada

Liked Posts:
You could take all the time you need and still not come up with a worse comparison! MacKinnon was a 21yro RFA when he signed that bridge deal for God's sake,let's see what he wants when it expires next year.

The number of stupid bastards still bitching about what two great cup winners make while Connolly and Johnson STOLE 8.5M last year is remarkable!
If K&T both took a mill and half less each we coulda had two fucking Connolly's .....LOFL!

McD-bag and Lying Rocky wanted to have the two highest paid guys in the league.......they shoulda turned it down? You woulda?

Kane was a 33yro on a terrible team and he still outscored MacKinnon this year......LOFL!
Perfect post Bob. Some fans are just dunces.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perfect post Bob. Some fans are just dunces.
Let's say K&T stupidly tell DUMBASS his offer is just too generous and they say we'll take a more reasonable 9M. Does that three million change anything? Or do we just go out and get another Zach Smith.......remember him?

Can anyone point to the 3M player who woulda kept the team relevant or would DUMBASS just have had the money to extend Kruger?LOL!

The team had 20M to absolutely SQUANDER in the summer of '19' on deHAAH-job,Matta,Shaw,Smith and Lehner with only the 2nd we got back for Lehner to show for it.....OH,and DUMBASS thew-in a 2nd,a 3rd and Forsling......despite the 21M paid to K&T
The team had another 13.5M....soon to be 16.5M on the most expensive GT and D-man available AGAIN last summer.......despite the 21M paid K&T.
The only things to show for that is another 2nd for MAF AND what'll be the worst contract in hockey in 4 years!

JUST THINK WHAT WE COULDA DONE W ITH ANOTHER THREE MILLION!!!!!