1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Let's hear it..

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lucas, Keuchel, Dunning, Cease.

If you need a 5th right now probably Lopez, he found his change up and had decent control the last couple outing. But their rotation isn't going to be a strong point in the playoffs imo.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta go with Kuechel, Lucas, Dunning, and Cease. But their success is going to greatly depend on the bull-pen. Sure would like Rodon and Bummer back and if I never see See Shack again it will be too soon.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Lucas, Keuchel, Dunning, Cease.

If you need a 5th right now probably Lopez, he found his change up and had decent control the last couple outing. But their rotation isn't going to be a strong point in the playoffs imo.

If Stiever is good in his next two starts, I'm not so sure you don't put him in the 4th Starter role.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If Stiever is good in his next two starts, I'm not so sure you don't put him in the 4th Starter role.
4th spot? You'd put him out there ahead of Cease or Dunning?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That won't happen. I kind of call the 2020 season, the silly season in a lot of respects. Whoever wins the championship is going to have an asterick for the season. What it is great this is that this season has allowed a lot of young guys to get into games at the major league level and see how they handle everything. Some rise and some fail, right?

Steiver showed me a lot of huevos in his first start in how he came through despite the adrenalin and pressure of it. Hell, the kid has never pitched beyond A ball, doesn't have 100 mph stuff, yet showed he can handle pressure and get good hitters out.

And look at Foster, Huerer, and Burdi. These kids are legit and will have a say so next year in who gets a major league job and who also gets traded for an elite starting pitcher in all likelihood. What a turnaround this has been. You were right in calling me out for bitching about the Sox a few years ago in their fire sale. But the South American and Cuban connection has really panned out along with excellent drafting and a couple of really shrewd deals. Hahn deserves a lot of credit and I hope the owner that I have bitched about for so long opens up his wallet and locks him up for a long time.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That won't happen. I kind of call the 2020 season, the silly season in a lot of respects. Whoever wins the championship is going to have an asterick for the season. What it is great this is that this season has allowed a lot of young guys to get into games at the major league level and see how they handle everything. Some rise and some fail, right?

Steiver showed me a lot of huevos in his first start in how he came through despite the adrenalin and pressure of it. Hell, the kid has never pitched beyond A ball, doesn't have 100 mph stuff, yet showed he can handle pressure and get good hitters out.

And look at Foster, Huerer, and Burdi. These kids are legit and will have a say so next year in who gets a major league job and who also gets traded for an elite starting pitcher in all likelihood. What a turnaround this has been. You were right in calling me out for bitching about the Sox a few years ago in their fire sale. But the South American and Cuban connection has really panned out along with excellent drafting and a couple of really shrewd deals. Hahn deserves a lot of credit and I hope the owner that I have bitched about for so long opens up his wallet and locks him up for a long time.
Cool.

Not sure about Burdi, he had an ERA over 11 and got sent down. Otherwise I agree. The depth of the bullpen has been a great surprise. Really hope Bummer is back for the playoffs though. The pitching staff is still going to be a huge question mark in the playoffs past Gio, Keuchel, Marshall and Colome.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
My rotation is Giolito, Dallas, Dunning, and Cease or Stiever. I don't trust Cease right now. He can barely get to the 5th inning at this point, he throws close to a 100 pitches by the 5th al ost every start.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My rotation is Giolito, Dallas, Dunning, and Cease or Stiever. I don't trust Cease right now. He can barely get to the 5th inning at this point, he throws close to a 100 pitches by the 5th al ost every start.
Agree on Cease but Stiever has thrown 4+ innings above A ball in his life. They are really thin at SP.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Cease right now is a better pitcher than Stiever His problem has been control in his last couple of starts. Stiever does not have nearly the stuff that Cease has which makes sense since he is still growing and will add velocity in all likelihood.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please. Someone stick a massive fork in Sea Shack's rectum and move him to taxidermy for a stuffing. Bring along that 102 MPH kid though. He'd be fun to see pitching to left handed hitters.:)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dallas, Giolito, Dunning and Cease for me... Dallas commands better than the rest and has a World Series ring to go with a Cy Young. Dunning has excellent control and good enough stuff so he easily moves in front of Cease for me.
Once Cease can prove he can command the baseball, he would move up for sure.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Stiever got lit up tonight.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is how I see it. Given their current status they might have a solid playoff birth without any 1 game cheapies. The White Sox have two starters who are light years above the rest, that would temp if given a chance to go to 3 man rotation.

If either Giolito or Keuchel can go again you skip a 4th guy until game 7.

1a/1b Giolito or Keuchel skip a 4th. (Game 1,2, 4,5, available 7.
3a/3b/3c Dunning Cease Lopez

Right now you lean Dunning, but either Cease or Lopez have the stuff to where if they are hot in their last start or two they are worth consideration. Any of them are probably worth using in a long bullpen situation, where maybe Dunning/Cease should be your third starter, Lopez your emergency starter, and you pitch Gio and Keuchel on short rest where possible.

I feel like this team is too young to have playoff nerves after the first game. Low pressure for a top seed, just young guys having fund and getting experience. There is no reason for them not to have a shot. Their third starter will have decent stuff, and they have two potential aces, which is what you need. The line-up has deep power and could be trouble with ace level pitching, it comes down to whether those 2 big pitcher get hot right then.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't believe how much fun it is to watch this team play in the "silly season". Five home runs in a game once again. The fifth time in about 50 games. Amazing. Enough praise hasn't been given to the over-all job that the bull-pen has also done. And it isn't that they haven't had their share of injuries also.

Magic number is four to clinch the AL Central. Who'd have thunk it? When Covid hit, my golf buddy and I were going to Arizona to watch the Sox and the Dodgers play for a week( he's a big Dodgers fan) We were going to Sedona where I have a time-share and he has a brother living there. Everything was set and I was really jazzed to go down there and play a little golf and watch the Sox and the Dodgers. Had the tickets and everything. I remember calling him the night before we were going to drive down there because of the news that they cancelled spring training and how bummed I was. Now it may be that the Sox may just play the Dodgers in the silly season WORLD SERIES.

As they say...ITS NOT PERFECT BUT IT'S REALLY DAMN GOOD.!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Today's game is really frustrating to watch. Cease had a really fixable problem but for whatever reason, he, McCann, and Cooper couldn't make an adjustment. The problem was his landing foot on his hard stuff. He was landing left with his foot pointed left. When I coached pitchers, one of the first things I showed them was to look down and to work backwards. Where you lead foot lands and where the pitch goes can tell you a lot about what your upper body is doing and if you land wrong in your delivery the chances your upper body is going to compensate for it is very low.

This also leads me to believe that unless Cease can work out his lower body problem that he can't be trusted to start in the play-offs. ten walks in less than four innings is ridiculous. The Sox right now have allowed no hits but ten walks and and two hit batters. That is atrocious. They've got what 7-8 games left and the guy who actually has the best stuff of all their starters is mixed up royally. They'd better hope, I think that Rodon becomes healthy or maybe Lopez

The game reminds me of Major League with the Wild Thing pitching and the drunk announcer calling the game. Ball 4. Ball 16. Ball 28. Take another slug of the Jack Daniel's, Uke, the Wild Thing is just getting loose:(

Has any team EVER, scored 5 runs in a game with one hit?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Rotation looking like Giolito, Keuchel, pray for rain.