Playoff superstitions or rituals!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I haven't had rum in my place for far too long, don't know why I too often have just vodka. All that Panarin hype getting to me, I gotta have some rum and cakeroll superstition going again and stop listening to Stevie Wonder

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually eat an italian beef sandwich and watch Pez yell at himself after a win.

#playoffritual

Reactions: TCD

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
seriously, you can get banned for posting fucking cake on here. celebrating a victory, posting cake, can get you banned.

don't worry Dmelt, you won't have to delete any more pictures of cake. Sorry to ruin your night, with cakes.

GO HAWKS!

Reactions: TCD

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
seriously, you can get banned for posting fucking cake on here. celebrating a victory, posting cake, can get you banned.

don't worry Dmelt, you won't have to delete any more pictures of cake. Sorry to ruin your night, with cakes.

GO HAWKS!

image00.jpg

Liked Posts:
So from Game 3 of the 2015 WCF to the end I was on vacation in Seattle. I paid close attention to games 3 and games 5 (both Hawks losses), the rest of the series I was busy for and didn't pay any attention to until the 3rd of game 7. Every game I failed to pay any attention to, we won.

Fast forward to tonight. I was at work and paid semi-attention to the game for 1 1/2 periods. I get home at about 9:40 and turn on my TV to NBC and not even 10 minutes later Teuvo (my favorite Hawks player) scores, and then he gets the primary assist on the GWG minutes after that.

Long story short, rituals don't mean SHIT!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I, patently, refuse to wear Hawks gear during the playoffs = winning...

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Hawks are undefeated in this postseason when I haven't had to work and watched the game while wearing my white Kaner sweater. It's got a little stain on the left sleeve but there's no fucking way I'm washing this thing for two more weeks.

Got it on right now. Feeling good about this one already.

I have yet to wash my jerseys from the 2010 playoffs. Stains, beer, boogers, and sweat baby!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I, patently, refuse to wear Hawks gear during the playoffs = winning...

Same here except on non game days. As much as I want to wear my Hoss jersey (or generic) during the games, it's been bad luck.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There have been 3 things that if I did the 'hakws have won in the playoffs:

Wear my Portland Timbers jersey--even if it's under my 'hawks sweater.

Do some kind of home(or rater, apartment) improvement during an intermission--like hang a picture

Plow my wife during an intermission

It may not really affect the outcome of the game, but hey, it's only stupid if it doesn't work.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I used to do a whole bunch of random stuff for all sorts of games, but now I seem to only have one superstition ritual and it seems to be reminding myself that when I start doing superstitious stuff, nothing I do is affecting the players playing. I literally say that to myself in my head. And it seems to work pretty well.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I used to do a whole bunch of random stuff for all sorts of games, but now I seem to only have one superstition ritual and it seems to be reminding myself that when I start doing superstitious stuff, nothing I do is affecting the players playing. I literally say that to myself in my head. And it seems to work pretty well.

Idk, pretty sure all those blowjobs you gave to TT seem to be working.

(This post would have been better for Grimson, oh well.)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Idk, pretty sure all those blowjobs you gave to TT seem to be working.

(This post would have been better for Grimson, oh well.)
Yeah, but that's not a superstition, I do that for fun.