Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was at the closed practice today which was actually open to season ticket holders. So I’ll classify it as partially closed.

Things I saw today…

Tevin Jenkins was at RG with the ones all practice. In positional drills, he ran a series of combo blocks with Reiff at RT. It seemed that with all the 11 on 11 reps, Borom was at RT with the 1st group.

It was Jones, Whitehair, Mustipher, Jenkins and Borom primarily as the first group. Reiff was in pads but must not be full go.

Here are the guys soaking in Coach Morgan’s pearls of wisdom.

4F540EF5-4DAC-41A0-9324-530E61C2B698.jpeg

Braxton Jones is an impressive rookie. He’s tall, has long arms and is fluid in his movements. You can see the athleticism. He had a great one-on-one rep with Quinn. Quinn tried to get the edge and bend on him. Jones was quick out of his stance and his kick slide was smooth and under control. He was able to get his hands on Quinn and push him to the turf when Quinn tried to bend the edge.

On the next rep, Al-Quadin Muhammad absolutely destroyed his opponent. I swear I didn’t catch the o-lineman’s number and frankly I hope it was the ball boy because Muhammad beat him inside so quickly that any QB in the way would have been killed.

The best block of the day was by Jenkins. He blasted open a massive hole for Khari Blasingame and he scooted for a 35 yard score untouched in 11 on 11. Blasingame is actually pretty damn fast.

The offense in general didn’t have a great day. The receivers were having trouble getting separation. Fields was taking his check downs and not forcing it downfield.

There were a lot of dump offs to Herbert and Ebner. He hit St. Brown on a number of short routes too. By the way, on the last play of the practice, St. Brown came up from the ground on an incomplete pass a little gimpy.

Fields did have chance to hit Mooney on a deep ball but it came out funny and fluttered a bit. Mooney tried to high point it but the DB stepped on the back of his shoe and it came off and Mooney dropped the ball. Opportunity lost for sure…

I think you’ll all be relieved to know that Roquan Smith was fully “engaged” at today’s practice. Here’s proof…

40501DB9-169B-4A2B-9E2A-5AD47928C383.jpeg

There was a group of young kids blowing Smith shit. It was pretty damn funny. He could definitely hear them. They were yelling about being inspired by him showing up for practice and they wouldn’t let up. The kids have a point. It’s pretty awesome of Smith to shower, get dressed and come out on the field to watch his teammates toil. I’m not sure how Flus grades sideline intensity, but I’m sure Quan is getting high marks.

Here’s Smith mentoring Sanborn on sideline intensity and engagement. That’s veteran leadership!

1CBA239D-0301-44B1-BD7C-D291231F797E.jpeg

Kyler Gordon was participating today and played some slot corner and outside. That guy can cover. He’s sticky and he uses his hands like a veteran. He makes just enough contact to be a nuisance but not enough to draw a flag. Here’s Mr. Gordon…

976BB866-8718-4757-ACF7-EEDAF34E4465.jpeg

Ok, let’s talk about another impressive looking rookie and that’s Dominique Robinson. This dude is quick and fast. On one rep, he backed out of his stance at DE and was out in the flat covering in a split second.

Coming up the field, he can flat out fly for a DE. I’m sure there are a number of techniques they need to teach him, but man the intangibles are there.

During the kick return portion of the practice, Ebner by far looked like the best option. He’s sure handed and gets upfield quickly. Plus, he’s shifty as hell. To be fair, Velus Jones was not taking return reps. He did participate in positional drills and 11 on 11. Not much to report today…

Santos hit all his field goal attempts and the mechanics between him, Gill and Scales were flawless. The snaps were crisp, on target, and Gill has soft hands and clears the laces quickly.

I was disappointed Brisker didn’t practice today. I was hoping to see him flying around out there. His sideline intensity was a level up from Roquan, so that’s a plus.

To end the practice, they executed an awesome team huddle and beat Seattle chant. Chills!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is the sneaky defender that stepped on Mooney’s shoe and messed up his timing. He must be working with @Anytime23 on unique ideas to improve as a player. I know this is secretly one of Anytime’s favorite Bears.

View attachment 21795
I’m not clowning or sleeping on Vildor. As long as he can stick the under on the boundary, Brisker or Jax can easily control the over.

If he only comes in on 3rd down, as Gordon slips inside to the slot, I’d be okay with him on the boundary. I’m still leaning towards Graham, but the dude has to practice! So, it looks like Vildor it is.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m not clowning or sleeping on Vildor. As long as he can stick the under on the boundary, Brisker or Jax can easily control and the over.

If he only comes in on 3rd down, as Gordon slips inside to the slot, I’d be okay with him on the boundary. I’m still leaning towards Graham, but the dude has to practice! So, it looks like Vildor it is.
I want to see what he can do with the new coaching staff, but everything that we saw from Vildor last year fills me with doubt.

I have become a big Gordon fan already and have high hopes for the guy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m not clowning or sleeping on Vildor. As long as he can stick the under on the boundary, Brisker or Jax can easily control and the over.

Yes, it’s tough to cover anybody from this position.

8D70CFA1-429D-416C-A7EC-17B20B02CD6B.jpeg

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thanks for the write-up, I sure wish that Smith would get an agent and get back on the field.
I understand he’s earned an extension but the lack of an agent to professionally negotiate with the Bears is just egregious.