Please show me one person that doesn't think Pace got played

napo55

Liked Posts:
A third round pick has about a 30% chance to become a starter. So out of the two 3s and a 4th they traded, there is statistically only one starter. The one and only question is whether Trubisky turns out to be a success. If he does, the Bears have found their QB and the deal was a slam dunk for the Bears. And I give credit to the team to shoot for the star, rather than accept continued mediocrity. No guts, no glory.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A third round pick has about a 30% chance to become a starter. So out of the two 3s and a 4th they traded, there is statistically only one starter. The one and only question is whether Trubisky turns out to be a success. If he does, the Bears have found their QB and the deal was a slam dunk for the Bears. And I give credit to the team to shoot for the star, rather than accept continued mediocrity. No guts, no glory.

Cant win a bet until you gamble

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh gosh, we got a qb. Who gives a fuck about a couple of mid round picks. We probably ended up sacrificing one special teams guy and one waste of space. For a legit franchise qb shot.

What was it Pace feared that made him move up?

SF trading to someone else to take Trubisky can be the only answer.

Who? Cleveland? So he outbid the team with a hundred picks? How is that a good move?

Trubisky at 3 would have been disappointing. For four picks? Dude better be able to play Safety or CB.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh sorry, I wasn't aware you was looking for help using Google. My apologies.

Re-read the thread title.

"Please show me one person that doesn't think Pace got played" Google=/= a person.

dweebs already go it without google, thanks though.

Derek Carr and Kurt Warner just said that you gotta do what you gotta do to get your qb

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What was it Pace feared that made him move up?

SF trading to someone else to take Trubisky can be the only answer.

Who? Cleveland? So he outbid the team with a hundred picks? How is that a good move?

Trubisky at 3 would have been disappointing. For four picks? Dude better be able to play Safety or CB.
If he's the answer at the position, it was worth the picks. If he isn't, it wouldn't have been worth the 3rd alone. All that matters is whether Trubisky works out or not. The extra mid round picks are irrelevant in comparison. He'll probably recoup at least one of them tomorrow anyway.

The Bears just took a swing on their franchise QB and people are cunting about mid round picks. Absolutely unbelievable.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Okay. What is it then?

FYI there was more UDFA in the league last year then 1st rd picks and 2nd rd picks. 481 to 480.

You said higher when you meant lower.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
If he's the answer at the position, it was worth the picks. If he isn't, it wouldn't have been worth the 3rd alone. All that matters is whether Trubisky works out or not. The extra mid round picks are irrelevant in comparison. He'll probably recoup at least one of them tomorrow anyway.

The Bears just took a swing on their franchise QB and people are cunting about mid round picks. Absolutely unbelievable.

ding ding ding

I won't go to bat for Trubisky as a surefire stud. I really don't know.

But those bashing the trade are just being dense.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You may very well be able to find a starter in the 3rd round but that very rarely will be a QB. If you play the scenario out here... let's say the bears drafted Adams as they were linked. Great you get a very solid starting S for years to come. And let's say best case and they get useful players with the other 3 picks but none of those picks are a QB. Then what? You're not winning a title with Glennon. Maybe you go 8-8 or better but that just makes getting a franchise QB the following year even harder because you're going to be farther away from the top 3.

Maybe Mitch isn't a franchise QB either but clearly the bears liked him a lot. You "win" the trade by getting a good QB. I'm honestly not sure there's a price you can put on a top 5 QB. Again, maybe Mitch isn't that guy but what would you pay to get Rodgers or Brady at Mitch's age? As bears fans, we know all too well how bad developing a QB can go so I'm not going to sit here and say the pick is a homer run. But if they got it right on the player the price is irrelevant. All this talk of the price paid is the wrong discussion. It's should be whether or not Mitch will be that type of player.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I went from a staunch Pace supporter to a Pace hater in one night. The only ones who will benefit from this are Pace and Fox who just bought themselves another 2-3 years.

Huh? This was Pace going all in. If it doesn't work, he knows he's fucked.

I'm not a huge fan of the pick and what we traded for it, but I can at least give Pace props for putting his dick on the table and giving a big "fuck you" to the rest of the league by saying that this is OUR guy.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
This was our last chance to grab the #1 QB in a draft.

If we went defense at #3 and Glennon was semi-competent, we likely aren't picking top 3 next year.

In which case, we'd have to trade an absurd amount to trade up and grab a QB.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll say it over and over again and Pace said it in his press conference:

Pace knew who wanted to trade up and what they were willing to give up because teams were callin him about the third overall pick. Pace wasn't fielding calls only when the Bears are on the clock at 3, he was hearing from teams all over. Pace knew what the trade market was because teams called him so he made his decision to made up not by what Lynch was saying about other teams but what the Bears were hearing.

It's not that complicated, Pace was adamant he made his move and he made it. He has friends just like any team does to know what's happening.

......... Besides, we most likely got the best QB in the draft and lost a few draft picks. Big fuckin deal.
If another team would have offered SF a similar deal and swiped MT before us, everyone would have been calling for his neck. We got our future QB and now need to draft another Whitehair type and that TE whats his name Engram ??
Fuck the picks the BEARs gave away.... they have about 40 million extra they can go and get 3 players in FA and be guaranteed that at least they are better than an unproven draft pick.

He is building for the future. Now build around him Pace

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ding ding ding

I won't go to bat for Trubisky as a surefire stud. I really don't know.

But those bashing the trade are just being dense.

I won't go to bat for Trubisky as a surefire bust. I really don't know.

But those praising the trade are just being dense.

Pace got fleeced, he's a known chump, twice this off season he has bid against himself. Agents and GM's know he can be had, that makes him a target.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

This is what ultimately matters. If Trubisky works out, our offense is essentially fixed for the next 15 years. No other position is capable of making that big of an impact.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

And it's mostly the same people who were just fine with trading two first rounders for the name we shall never speak anymore and thought that guy was a good QB.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm watching TV, and scouring the intrawebz and I can't find one person that thinks Pace got the Bears a fair deal.

Except CCS Posters who unanimously think it was a brilliant move.

I know, Pace has balls and got his guy, so fucking what, they could have had him and kept 2 thirds and a fourth. He got robbed twice in this off season, the word is out, Pace is a chump.

Please show me something outside of this meatball factory that indicates Pace is not a total fucking moron.

other teams must not have been offering 2nd round picks, which means teams, if there were other offers on the table were probably not that far down. From another perspective, 49ers might have really wanted Thomas and did not want to go down that far. Milked the Bears a bit and pulled the trigger. Of course everyone is going to be skeptical being in such a disadvantageous position. It does seem like a lot, but if Mitchell works out, eff those third rounders.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I won't go to bat for Trubisky as a surefire bust. I really don't know.

But those praising the trade are just being dense.

Pace got fleeced, he's a known chump, twice this off season he has bid against himself. Agents and GM's know he can be had, that makes him a target.

Who the hell are these people you are referring to that are praising the trade??

I'm read a lot of people praising Pace for identifying his guy and getting him. I see people that are praising Trubisky. But I have yet to see anyone praise the actual trade.

Everyone that I've read that are happy with the pick view the trade as the price of doing business in getting your QB of the future.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
I'm watching TV, and scouring the intrawebz and I can't find one person that thinks Pace got the Bears a fair deal.

Except CCS Posters who unanimously think it was a brilliant move.

I know, Pace has balls and got his guy, so fucking what, they could have had him and kept 2 thirds and a fourth. He got robbed twice in this off season, the word is out, Pace is a chump.

Please show me something outside of this meatball factory that indicates Pace is not a total fucking moron.

Based on every draft value chart, no he didn't get robbed.

#2 = 2,600 pts

#3 = 2,200 pts
#67 = 255 pts
#111 = 72 pts
2018 3rd = value of a 2017 4th = about 74 pts

Total = 2,601

Chris Simms on BR gave the move a A.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The move that Chicago and San Francisco made, talk about would you like to be the recipient of one of those?" said Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars' executive vice president of football operations. "To get what you had in mind right off the bat and pick up those extra picks? Pretty nice deal. I've never seen one of those. Oh my gosh, nothing like that has ever come my way."