Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who the hell are these people you are referring to that are praising the trade??

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/87546-Welcome-Money-Mitch

This was my favorite QB prospect from day 1, and I am pleasantly surprised Pace pulled the trigger on him. Brilliant use of smokescreens from Pace this draft season as well, he fooled everyone. A fucking magician. We got our franchise QB fellas. Time to rejoice.

Couldn't be happier. I am a defense guy but we needed it. Love the trade up.

Okay it's late, the answer to your stupid question, everybody but me.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
There's a common theme with people that hate this move and have been against taking a QB at 3 prior to the draft. You guys are so pre-occupied with how a move is perceived by the rest of the league and the media.

The 2015 draft was widely lauded by the league and media experts and it ended up providing us with a NT.

The 2016 was off the charts great and we went 3-13 with awful QB play and scrubs playing multiple positions.

Hoping for gradual, incremental improvements that are greeted with consensus approval across the league are fine but at some point or other you need to identity some players to lead your franchise and break the losing culture. And not worry about whether taking a shot makes you a laughing stock.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can buy that the Jets for Trubs was real, and 49ers were only mildly unsure if the Bears or Titans would then take Thomas.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
"The move that Chicago and San Francisco made, talk about would you like to be the recipient of one of those?" said Tom Coughlin, the Jaguars' executive vice president of football operations. "To get what you had in mind right off the bat and pick up those extra picks? Pretty nice deal. I've never seen one of those. Oh my gosh, nothing like that has ever come my way."

I know Tom is getting old, and his memory isn't what is was. But can someone remind him of 2004? He traded Rivers a 1,3, & 5 for Eli Manning. I guess it's cool when his team is going balls out for a QB but not us.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They better not fail next year. 2 QBs snatched from under them this year and gave away a good one last year. Go Cody? QB order seems like it was reasonably set among the GMs.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Oh gosh, we got a qb. Who gives a fuck about a couple of mid round picks. We probably ended up sacrificing one special teams guy and one waste of space. For a legit franchise qb shot.
kool1.jpg

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here's a good read on the trade from Moon Mullin...

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/bears-trade-draft-mitch-trubisky-no-2-makes-biggest-statement-gm-ryan-pace

Some highlights:

"The Bears weren’t the only ones feeling a quarterback urgency surge. Three quarterbacks – Trubisky, Pat Mahomes to Kansas City at 10, Deshaun Watson to Houston at 12 – were taken in span of the first 12 picks, this from what was widely rated a mediocre quarterback class. And any sense Pace had that something big was rumbling behind him in the draft order appears amply validated, and this did not include the Cleveland Browns, also believed to be the team trying to get Trubisky ahead of the Bears. Teams traded up to get all three of those quarterbacks, and Pace felt he knew the landscape just judging from his own incoming calls at No. 3.

“I knew there were teams inquiring about going up,” Pace said. “There were teams calling me, at our pick, wanting to come up. So you could feel that all around us.’

“Those were teams interested in a quarterback?

“For sure,” Pace said, nodding. “Yeah. 100 percent on that.”

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Oh gosh, we got a qb. Who gives a fuck about a couple of mid round picks. We probably ended up sacrificing one special teams guy and one waste of space. For a legit franchise qb shot.
Amen amen amen

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Fucking Pace all got us..nobody saw this coming not even Trubinsky who only found out when the commissioner called..that was a slight of hand trick

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Remember Aaron Donald? Leonard Williams? Two players taken with the pick right before ours. Pace wasn't here with Donald but after missing out on Williams I think it's pretty clear he had no intention of that happening again. Just like last year with Floyd, he identified the player he wanted and did what it took to move up and get him. I appreciate that mindset in a gm. We may look back in three years and say it was a great move, or it could cost this regimen their jobs. Either way it will be fun to watch infold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Rich Campbell @Rich_Campbell
Replying to @ChiTownAL416 and 2 others
Ha, no. It's that drafting is a crapshoot. If you think you've identified a franchise QB, no price is too expensive, esp in a crapshoot"

Replying to @Danny_Vaskal and @oldandslow1961
Sorry. Giving up three picks in the third round or later is not giving up the farm."

Replying to @DrakeIkeman
Sure. The point is: You never know. If Trubisky is the truth, it's a small price to pay.
7:45 PM · Apr 27, 2017"

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Oh c'mon, no one knows jack. There could have easily been other teams trying to trade up. It all comes down to whether or not he can play. Losing the picks sucks, but I'm excited to have a legit prospect at the position. How sweet would it be to have a real QB?

After two years out of three where the Bears did not get their guy because he went the pick before (Aaron Donald & Leonard Williams), the Bears learned that they have to be aggressive to get their man (Leonard Floyd and Trubs). Pace has learned something that apparently some here on the message board haven't learned.

Per his presser, Pace said that after their rankings, Mitch was ranked right there at the top of their board with a few other players. He chose him because he knew that the QB position was the most important. Sitting at 3, he knew that there were many teams wanting to move up for him because they were calling him to move up to get him. He also knew what they were offering to move up. Since he wanted Trubisky, he knew he had to be aggressive or lose him. He did what was necessary.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'll say it over and over again and Pace said it in his press conference:

Pace knew who wanted to trade up and what they were willing to give up because teams were callin him about the third overall pick. Pace wasn't fielding calls only when the Bears are on the clock at 3, he was hearing from teams all over. Pace knew what the trade market was because teams called him so he made his decision to made up not by what Lynch was saying about other teams but what the Bears were hearing.

It's not that complicated, Pace was adamant he made his move and he made it. He has friends just like any team does to know what's happening.

Damn, I just wrote basically the same thing and then I read your post.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh? This was Pace going all in. If it doesn't work, he knows he's fucked.

I'm not a huge fan of the pick and what we traded for it, but I can at least give Pace props for putting his dick on the table and giving a big "fuck you" to the rest of the league by saying that this is OUR guy.

THIS X 1000.

I didn't want any QB at 3. But i respect the fact that Pace targeted his guy and made sure he got him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If he's the answer at the position, it was worth the picks. If he isn't, it wouldn't have been worth the 3rd alone. All that matters is whether Trubisky works out or not. The extra mid round picks are irrelevant in comparison. He'll probably recoup at least one of them tomorrow anyway.

The Bears just took a swing on their franchise QB and people are cunting about mid round picks. Absolutely unbelievable.
I knew I would be happy after the first round because there were so many players that had a chance to make the Bears better.

A QB has the best chance of not only making the Bears better but also relevant. Pace and the scouting department made their choice of who they thought were the best players in the draft. Among them was Trubiski. They decided to go after him after not having the bullets for QBs like Mariota in 2015. When faced with the real possibility of losing their choice of player, not just QB, at 3, they were aggressive and got their man.

The question for all of the people who are hating on the pick because they lost too many draft picks is "name the last 3rd round pick of the Bears that was really good. Would you be willing to lose that player for someone who has a chance of making the Bears relevant again?"

Well, odds are none of those 3rds or the 4th round pick will ever amount to the player the Bears got in the 3rd in the recent past.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soon as the trade was announced I said it only made sense for a QB, just which one. I'm ok with it being MT after all, I'm no professional Scout, I will leave the judgement to those that are. But, as pointed out, the proof will unfold in the next few years.

If this was Pace's guy, then he didn't over pay. Simple.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the move I mean if that's his guy it's his guy. But can we please stop acting like Pace fooled everyone? He fooled fans and media but certainly not the NFL. That's why he had to trade up, his secrecy accomplished nothing.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with the move I mean if that's his guy it's his guy. But can we please stop acting like Pace fooled everyone? He fooled fans and media but certainly not the NFL. That's why he had to trade up, his secrecy accomplished nothing.

You made zero sense.