dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't mind the two DB picks even though i obviously would of rather gone offense at WR and OL but the guy couldn't make any trades while every other team is trading and picks 25 year old V.Jones in the 3rd round.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Old lady Virginia regaling stories of winning fb games 100 yrs ago by a score of 7-3 has Poles scared straight. gotta get those DBs cuz Fuck Offense in Chicago

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't mind the two DB picks even though i obviously would of rather gone offense at WR and OL but the guy couldn't make any trades while every other team is trading and picks 25 year old V.Jones in the 3rd round.
agree, the 2 DB picks were fine, but the Jones pick was mind boggling and the way this draft was unfolding screamed for a trade up

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Old lady Virginia regaling stories of winning fb games 100 yrs ago by a score of 7-3 has Poles scared straight. gotta get those DBs cuz Fuck Offense in Chicago
And if you do draft offense it has to be someone as old as her who can help install the 1936 offense.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Poles made this team considerably more explosive. He saw that we had NOTHING in that department and while he was sending out pre-draft smokescreens about who and what he planned to draft… all the while he knew he needed PLAYMAKERS.

Brisker - with good health, can be a 10/12 year starter and perennial Pro Bowler

Jones - will be one of the most explosive WR/returner/part-time RB’s that we have ever had

Ky Gordon is a solidly built, fluid corner (often described as a “dynamic athlete”) who is instinctive with some lockdown ability… and many thought he would go in the 1st round.

All in all — finish this draft out with a lineman or two tomorrow, and ought of a sudden, this draft, a draft with so few picks and no first rounder —- COULD be a home run.

Time will tell….. but I do see his vision — Poles is done with slow teams that lack difference makers.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles made this team considerably more explosive. He saw that we had NOTHING in that department and while he was sending out pre-draft smokescreens about who and what he planned to draft… all the while he knew he needed PLAYMAKERS.

Brisker - with good health, can be a 10/12 year starter and perennial Pro Bowler

Jones - will be one of the most explosive WR/returner/part-time RB’s that we have ever had

Ky Gordon is a solidly built, fluid corner (often described as a “dynamic athlete”) who is instinctive with some lockdown ability… and many thought he would go in the 1st round.

All in all — finish this draft out with a lineman or two tomorrow, and ought of a sudden, this draft, a draft with so few picks and no first rounder —- COULD be a home run.

Time will tell….. but I do see his vision — Poles is done with slow teams that lack difference makers.
Yeah, I mentioned in another thread that he's playing the long game here. He knows they're gonna get their asses handed to them next year. It's the price you have to pay having to right all the wrongs done by Pace & Company. 6 picks with no firsts. If he can find three NFL players in there, it will be a good draft.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Poles did what he said he was going to do, take BPA at a position of need and don't reach for talent.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, I mentioned in another thread that he's playing the long game here. He knows they're gonna get their asses handed to them next year. It's the price you have to pay having to right all the wrongs done by Pace & Company. 6 picks with no firsts. If he can find three NFL players in there, it will be a good draft.

I mean we all wanted new toys for Fields, but as you said, Poles is having to fix a ton of things.

For as long as I've been a Bears fan, I've lived exactly what Poles said about Bears football - one or two good years followed by many bad ones.

He was going to have to do a rebuild and I don't think everyone has the temperament or the patience for it. I saw the what patience can do with the 2016 Cubs and all the prep work that went into that.

I'm cool with doing it for the Bears. I really like who they picked up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Poles said if you put J.Fields on this draft list of players with the 1st round pick Pace traded to get him then they're doing high 5's so he's good with not having a 1st this year to have J.Fields.