Poles broke it off in Fields ass..

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Call it what you want, you’re whining just like you’re pointing out other posters are. Hell, you had to start your own thread to make sure everyone knows you’re whining! ??
Why don’t you go edit your post some more.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No. The point is that even with GREAT quarterbacks, teams put good pieces around them to help achieve a goal.

To say Fields shouldn’t need pieces around him if he’s truly good ignores recent NFL history.
I think every Bears fan knows Fields needs weapons around him. But for god sake, this is the first off season and draft Poles is going through. He is trying to build an entire team, not just finding weapons for Fields.

I think Poles had two very solid picks in his first draft as a GM. It sucks none of them were on the offensive side of the ball, but we need to let this play out for more than one season. Maybe Getsy as OC makes a huge difference. We don’t know yet. Poles has an opportunity to make a huge difference next off season.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Why don’t you go edit your post some more.
I would say why don’t you whine some more but I know it’s a certainty you will.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think every Bears fan knows Fields needs weapons around him. But for god sake, this is the first off season and draft Poles is going through. He is trying to build an entire team, not just finding weapons for Fields.

I think Poles had two very solid picks in his first draft as a GM. It sucks none of them were on the offensive side of the ball, but we need to let this play out for more than one season. Maybe Getsy as OC makes a huge difference. We don’t know yet. Poles has an opportunity to make a huge difference next off season.
We advanced pretty quickly from wait til free agency to wait til the draft to wait til next year.

Also, what do you mean when you say Poles is “not *just* finding weapons for Fields”?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Stop making sense! You‘re getting in the way of their whining!!

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
No. The point is that even with GREAT quarterbacks, teams put good pieces around them to help achieve a goal.

To say Fields shouldn’t need pieces around him if he’s truly good ignores recent NFL history.
How are you so sure the WRs or OL in the 2nd were going to be so much better than our OL in the 2nd from last year and the FA recievers? In my view we got some really good DBs and changed the dynamic of our secondary ehich is also position of need. Maybe th3 OL and WR left on the board in 2nd were not that much better upside then WRs or OL later in draft and or FA.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We advanced pretty quickly from wait til free agency to wait til the draft to wait til next year.

Also, what do you mean when you say Poles is “not *just* finding weapons for Fields”?
Just like the pace fanboys trying to sell a 7 year rebuild it happens every time.

Reactions: Myk

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Plenty of fans have said from the beginning that Poles deserves a few years to build a solid team. Just like any other GM going to a new team. So giving him until next year is nothing new.

Read the statement before that….Poles is trying to build an entire team. It’s going to take more than one offseason and draft to do that

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It was obvious with the Eberflus hire. It’s an intentional sabotage.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Stop making sense! You‘re getting in the way of their whining!!
I get being upset for Poles not drafting an OL or Wr but it’s not like he took a Shaheen type of player. He drafted two solid football players who could make a difference in the secondary

Toast88

Liked Posts:
How are you so sure the WRs or OL in the 2nd were going to be so much better than our OL in the 2nd from last year and the FA recievers? In my view we got some really good DBs and changed the dynamic of our secondary ehich is also position of need. Maybe th3 OL and WR left on the board in 2nd were not that much better upside then WRs or OL later in draft and or FA.
We don’t know for sure, but do you feel good about a guy who’s never had a 600-yard season being a better receiver long-term than whoever the Bears had as the top receivers on their big board?

If the Bears get some OL and WR help later in the draft and they end up better than the guys drafted in the second round, I’ll gladly eat the crow. I’d rather the Bears be good than I be correct. I just don’t think that’s going to happen. I suppose we’ll see.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I don't need to let it play out another season. I've been watching this same BS play out for 30 years!
And for the last 2 GMs they came in talking the offensive talk and then do nothing for it.
Why on earth would I need to wait to see the same thing play out that has always played out?
Same old BS, same old owners, different mouth pieces telling us what we want to hear.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with hiring a HC who is a defensive guy, and also transitions the Def from a 3-4 to 4-3, and you have a team with little draft and FA capital is you get this.

That's why I was not keen on Eberfloss.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t understand how anyone can argue against this. If Poles doesn’t think Fields isn’t the guy, hey, he’s the GM—It’s his choice.

But to argue against it is to say Poles is building around Fields, which he’s obviously not. Look at what the Jets are doing with Zach Wilson.

Lol

Since when are the Jets someone to model after?

Not even sure Wilson is the guy either

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
We don’t know for sure, but do you feel good about a guy who’s never had a 600-yard season being a better receiver long-term than whoever the Bears had as the top receivers on their big board?

If the Bears get some OL and WR help later in the draft and they end up better than the guys drafted in the second round, I’ll gladly eat the crow. I’d rather the Bears be good than I be correct. I just don’t think that’s going to happen. I suppose we’ll see.
Beside the recent news about Pringle, I thought he was a solid signing. He’s a player who could make a big jump forward. He has experience and has shown he could be a threat. We know jack shit about a Wr in the second round. Could the Bears have used another Wr, of course, but it’s not like Fields has absolutely no one to throw to.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Plenty of fans have said from the beginning that Poles deserves a few years to build a solid team. Just like any other GM going to a new team. So giving him until next year is nothing new.

Read the statement before that….Poles is trying to build an entire team. It’s going to take more than one offseason and draft to do that

There's a huge difference between doing too little and doing NOTHING.