Poles broke it off in Fields ass..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So you’re saying after two picks Poles sucks?
Not that I need to explain myself to you but for over a month I’ve said our first 3 picks should be defense. I definitely wouldn’t have made one of them a safety but I’m good with it.

I’ve also said multiple times he gets a f for his oline

If this team doesn’t improve after two years yes he definitely sucks. I’m not going for a 7 year rebuild nonsense people were pushing with pace

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Lol

Since when are the Jets someone to model after?

Not even sure Wilson is the guy either
One way to find that out! Build an offense around him and see what happens!

Unfortunately we won’t have that same opportunity with Fields. Youre giving him devin Hester and Johnny Knox to throw to (arguably worse) and Youre gonna get mad when he turns out to be lesser than Jay Cutler lol.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I think every Bears fan knows Fields needs weapons around him. But for god sake, this is the first off season and draft Poles is going through. He is trying to build an entire team, not just finding weapons for Fields.

I think Poles had two very solid picks in his first draft as a GM. It sucks none of them were on the offensive side of the ball, but we need to let this play out for more than one season. Maybe Getsy as OC makes a huge difference. We don’t know yet. Poles has an opportunity to make a huge difference next off season.

Here's the issue: they can ruin Fields. They almost did last year. They're on the cusp of actually pulling it off this year

We've seen this movie over and over again and they are basically following the How to Ruin a QB playbook at this point. The rest of the team can be fixed later. We're not trying to compete, we need to be actually developing our potential franchise QB.

The plan needed to be all about Fields from day 1. It hasn't been for even 1 day.

msadows

Liked Posts:
One way to find that out! Build an offense around him and see what happens!

Unfortunately we won’t have that same opportunity with Fields. Youre giving him devin Hester and Johnny Knox to throw to (arguably worse) and Youre gonna get mad when he turns out to be lesser than Jay Cutler lol.

While I agree with you, comparing Mooney to devin hester isn't fair. Mooney is a much better player than either of those guys ever were.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I don't need to let it play out another season. I've been watching this same BS play out for 30 years!
And for the last 2 GMs they came in talking the offensive talk and then do nothing for it.
Why on earth would I need to wait to see the same thing play out that has always played out?
Same old BS, same old owners, different mouth pieces telling us what we want to hear.
Right? The burden of proof is on the team to show us this year will be different. You can pretty much go all in on “will suck” every year and Youre going to make money.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don't need to let it play out another season. I've been watching this same BS play out for 30 years!
And for the last 2 GMs they came in talking the offensive talk and then do nothing for it.
Why on earth would I need to wait to see the same thing play out that has always played out?
Same old BS, same old owners, different mouth pieces telling us what we want to hear.
You do realize if the Bears drafted a WR or OL or both with their 2nd round picks they would remain a bad team? So you would still have to wait it out another season to see what could be. Either way Poles needs 2+ years to get this team to a competing level.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
There's a huge difference between doing too little and doing NOTHING.
But Poles hasn’t done nothing. He has made moves, but they aren’t top notch moves like the fans wanted.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
While I agree with you, comparing Mooney to devin hester isn't fair. Mooney is a much better player than either of those guys ever were.
I’d argue that Hester and knox is better than Mooney and ?. This is just awful by professional football standards. This shit ruins quarterbacks. They don’t all come out looking like Aaron rodgers. Between awful playcalling which I don’t expect to change based on this coaching staff, the o-line, and weapons, I mean why even send the offense out there

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not that I need to explain myself to you but for over a month I’ve said our first 3 picks should be defense. I definitely wouldn’t have made one of them a safety but I’m good with it.

I’ve also said multiple times he gets a f for his oline

If this team doesn’t improve after two years yes he definitely sucks. I’m not going for a 7 year rebuild nonsense people were pushing with pace

The team hasn’t played a single game but the O-line gets an F. ????

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Lol

Since when are the Jets someone to model after?

Not even sure Wilson is the guy either
They’ll probably have a better idea whether Wilson is the guy after next year than the Bears will of Fields.

I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye, but I actually really like your measured takes, even when I don’t agree with them.

But you know as well as I do that if Fields gets constantly pressured and doesn’t have any open WRs, the same people defending the lack of offensive weapons right now will be talking about how we can’t blame Fields and thus can’t properly evaluate him because he had no protection or receivers. That doesn’t track.

There’s not much downside to trying to find out what you’ve got in Fields this coming season.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That wasn’t a poles hire George foisted him on poles
LOL! Care to show proof of this thing you have no clue about? Good God there’s some dumb fucks on this board.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You do realize if the Bears drafted a WR or OL or both with their 2nd round picks they would remain a bad team? So you would still have to wait it out another season to see what could be. Either way Poles needs 2+ years to get this team to a competing level.

Guess what, they're still a bad team that will still have teams picking them apart with their offense because that is what the NFL rules demand now.
They're certainly no closer to being able to score points, you know, the way teams actually win games.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Here's the issue: they can ruin Fields. They almost did last year. They're on the cusp of actually pulling it off this year

We've seen this movie over and over again and they are basically following the How to Ruin a QB playbook at this point. The rest of the team can be fixed later. We're not trying to compete, we need to be actually developing our potential franchise QB.

The plan needed to be all about Fields from day 1. It hasn't been for even 1 day.
Like I mentioned in another comment. They could ruin Fields even if they did draft all offensive players this season and made a few more splash signing during FA. This is more than a one year process. Fields needs to show he can develop with or without a ton of help.

With that said, obviously getting Fields help is very important. But it did not need to be done in one crazy FA period and draft with low amount of picks.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Do you realize that bad team+progress and development from your young QB is better than bad team+QB gets killed and looks like shit and we have no idea if it’s because of the team around him or if he’s bad? You don’t appreciate a difference?

Visionman

Liked Posts:

You, and fans like you, are complete idiots. Not having Nagy and his offense gives Fields a 1000 percent better chance by itself.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Guess what, they're still a bad team that will still have teams picking them apart with their offense because that is what the NFL rules demand now.
They're certainly no closer to being able to score points, you know, the way teams actually win games.
I know they are a bad team, I’ve agreed to that. But maybe, just maybe this wasn’t the right offseason to go crazy on offensive players.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Like I mentioned in another comment. They could ruin Fields even if they did draft all offensive players this season and made a few more splash signing during FA. This is more than a one year process. Fields needs to show he can develop with or without a ton of help.

With that said, obviously getting Fields help is very important. But it did not need to be done in one crazy FA period and draft with low amount of picks.
Sure except that is not the standard for the grand majority of successful young QBs.

Mahomes - Kelce, Hill
Watson - Hopkins, Fuller
Murray - Hopkins, now Brown
Josh Allen - Stefan Diggs
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Burrows - Chase

All of these QBs have support from their organization and team and arguably didn’t show much until they had weapons - particularly Murray, Allen, and Burrows.