Poles broke it off in Fields ass..

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Do you realize that bad team+progress and development from your young QB is better than bad team+QB gets killed and looks like shit and we have no idea if it’s because of the team around him or if he’s bad? You don’t appreciate a difference?
I realize that making a difference for Fields is going to take more than one offseason. It was a crazy offensive market during FA and the Bears had no means of competing in it. Would I have liked a Wr or OL in the draft this year, sure, but I’m not going to freak out that Poles didn’t draft those positions.

If Poles pulls a similar move next offseason where the Bears have more money and draft picks to work with, then sure, I will join the party.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the intelligent reply I was expecting.

Need me to read it to you also? George made both the gm and hc hire.

F6845156-4EA1-4F3A-BC8C-944F7FE6B24E.jpg

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I realize that making a difference for Fields is going to take more than one offseason. It was a crazy offensive market during FA and the Bears had no means of competing in it. Would I have liked a Wr or OL in the draft this year, sure, but I’m not going to freak out that Poles didn’t draft those positions.

If Poles pulls a similar move next offseason where the Bears have more money and draft picks to work with, then sure, I will join the part
They did absolutely nothing to help him. All he did was lose weapons. I mean not even sign 1 reasonable player and draft a couple. Nothing was done at all

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Sure except that is not the standard for the grand majority of successful young QBs.

Mahomes - Kelce, Hill
Watson - Hopkins, Fuller
Murray - Hopkins, now Brown
Josh Allen - Stefan Diggs
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Burrows - Chase

All of these QBs have support from their organization and team and arguably didn’t show much until they had weapons - particularly Murray, Allen, and Burrows.
I know young QBs need support. But just because Poles didn’t make it happen year one of being a GM, doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Mahomes, Watson, Herbert fell into great situations. The Bills and Cardinals didn’t give Allen and Murray support right away.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They did absolutely nothing to help him. All he did was lose weapons. I mean not even sign 1 reasonable player and draft a couple. Nothing was done at all
I think Poles did minimum to help him out this year. But no one expected the FA market to be what it was. What was apples supposed to do?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Need me to read it to you also? George made both the gm and hc hire.

View attachment 19532

That’s funny dipshit, cause I can too post a link that says Poles chose him.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Poles and Eberflus are trying to establish their power by cleaning house and building the team in their vision with their guys. Don’t think they wanted to spend big at WR in FA and they’re already at like the 14th wr in the draft. Doesn’t seem to be any value at the position right now.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The 3rd round reach-around. It's something.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I know they are a bad team, I’ve agreed to that. But maybe, just maybe this wasn’t the right offseason to go crazy on offensive players.

I could buy into that for FA. Not in the draft. There was an LT rated higher than the safety. CB then OT I could see that. CB then Safety is the same old BS the Bears have done for way too long. Everything for defense, scraps for offense. It hasn't worked when it was possible and it's not going to work now that the rules have changed.
By the time we get around to hoping to have an offense this new great defense is going to be "too old". It will magically continually have holes that will need to be filled every year that are more important than the constant offensive holes.

And don't get me wrong, this is not about Poles for me, I've seen the same thing repeat for too many GMs to believe that every GM forgets that offense scores points and points win games. I'm sure both Poles and Pace believed their claims that you need an offense, anyone who watches football knows that. What they didn't do was run their plan through the head office before talking about it.
This is a family problem who are stuck in a legacy idea that even Papa Bear wasn't stuck in. What would help that legacy would be winning.
It's not what Poles has done this year. It's what the Bears have done every year.

Even now with this pick it's the same old shit. Have another backup WR3/WR4 for the team because offense isn't worth paying for.
And I'm not saying we needed a WR anywhere in this draft, you could be right on that and this year wasn't the time. However now any oline taken are on the same level as the Bears historical oline crap claimed to be great that we've been fed for many decades.
Meanwhile we get CB and S gods (allegedly). If they can't protect Fields they're useless.

The way this has played out I'd hope next year is for a QB and they think Fields has no hope of being the guy (because they've pretty much assured he has no hope in the time he has left in Chicago).

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not gonna lose my shit until I see the product on the field

If the offense scheme put in place is better than we'll be better. No way of knowing until you see it.

We should see an improvement in Fields regardless

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I could buy into that for FA. Not in the draft. There was an LT rated higher than the safety. CB then OT I could see that. CB then Safety is the same old BS the Bears have done for way too long. Everything for defense, scraps for offense. It hasn't worked when it was possible and it's not going to work now that the rules have changed.
By the time we get around to hoping to have an offense this new great defense is going to be "too old". It will magically continually have holes that will need to be filled every year that are more important than the constant offensive holes.

And don't get me wrong, this is not about Poles for me, I've seen the same thing repeat for too many GMs to believe that every GM forgets that offense scores points and points win games. I'm sure both Poles and Pace believed their claims that you need an offense, anyone who watches football knows that. What they didn't do was run their plan through the head office before talking about it.
This is a family problem who are stuck in a legacy idea that even Papa Bear wasn't stuck in. What would help that legacy would be winning.
It's not what Poles has done this year. It's what the Bears have done every year.

Even now with this pick it's the same old shit. Have another backup WR3/WR4 for the team because offense isn't worth paying for.
And I'm not saying we needed a WR anywhere in this draft, you could be right on that and this year wasn't the time. However now any oline taken are on the same level as the Bears historical oline crap claimed to be great that we've been fed for many decades.
Meanwhile we get CB and S gods (allegedly). If they can't protect Fields they're useless.

The way this has played out I'd hope next year is for a QB and they think Fields has no hope of being the guy (because they've pretty much assured he has no hope in the time he has left in Chicago).
I get where your coming from. And I do agree, I would have gone LT or Wr over a S as well. But what we as fans see as higher rated players doesn’t mean that’s how Poles or Eber sees it. They have a plan in place and all we could really do is hope they can execute it to create a successful team.

I think every Bears fan is fed up with the McCaskeys and their minions. Best thing for this franchise would be for them to sell. I get fans being frustrated, thats ok, but sometimes I think the frustration comes out prematurely. We are a few months into the new front office and if things positively turn around, it’s going to take time.

I can’t argue that Wr pick because that was a question mark pick and agree finding a starting OL at this point in the draft is slim. But the guys that Poles did draft have a chance at being difference makers in the secondary which the Bears desperately need. Don’t know if they will be “gods” but we also don’t know if second round OL/Wrs would have been worthy either. Maybe* there is a chance that Jenkins and Borom turn out to be quality starters.

I think next offseason will give us fans a good idea in the direction Poles is heading. We will be able to see how he performs with better drafts picks and salary cap. I think today was positive start for the defense, but there is a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball and I will give Poles a couple seasons to figure it out.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
At the very least, he hasn’t done anything to help Fields.

People will argue against that, but it’s indisputable. Look at what his old bosses did for the best quarterback in the league when two of his weapons left—They went and got MVS and Juju. Poles gets Pringle, who the Chiefs were happy to let walk.

Didn’t his old boss actually trade a top 5 WR away too? The stupidity on this board ….

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Here's the issue: they can ruin Fields. They almost did last year. They're on the cusp of actually pulling it off this year

We've seen this movie over and over again and they are basically following the How to Ruin a QB playbook at this point. The rest of the team can be fixed later. We're not trying to compete, we need to be actually developing our potential franchise QB.

The plan needed to be all about Fields from day 1. It hasn't been for even 1 day.
Maybe Fields sucks - ever thought of that? Maybe he fell in the draft for a reason …. His decision making skills and his slow release and decision making were always a legitimate reason to be concerned ….

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Didn’t his old boss actually trade a top 5 WR away too? The stupidity on this board ….
Yes, a receiver who demanded a trade. And then they promptly signed two other good receivers and drafted Skyy Moore tonight in the second round.

What I don’t get is, didn’t the Chiefs get the memo that you don’t need to draft a WR early if your quarterback is any good? Man, this Patrick Mahomes character must really suck.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Poles and Eberflus are trying to establish their power by cleaning house and building the team in their vision with their guys. Don’t think they wanted to spend big at WR in FA and they’re already at like the 14th wr in the draft. Doesn’t seem to be any value at the position right now.
There was a ton of value. Look at the organizations that actually win games that were still taking those guys in the mid second

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Sure except that is not the standard for the grand majority of successful young QBs.

Mahomes - Kelce, Hill
Watson - Hopkins, Fuller
Murray - Hopkins, now Brown
Josh Allen - Stefan Diggs
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Burrows - Chase

All of these QBs have support from their organization and team and arguably didn’t show much until they had weapons - particularly Murray, Allen, and Burrows.
Big difference for many of those QBs is that a support system was already in place. Mahomes took over what was already a good team. Josh Allen didn’t become great overnight either. Burrows is probably the closest thing we can compare Fields too. Bad team that needs a lot to turn it around. Burrows played well with a bad OL. Some guys just have it and others don’t. Everyone thinks Poles has no faith in Fields but in reality it could be that he is counting on Justin to do more with less while Poles builds up the entire team instead of just the WR room.