Poles broke it off in Fields ass..

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Big difference for many of those QBs is that a support system was already in place. Mahomes took over what was already a good team. Josh Allen didn’t become great overnight either. Burrows is probably the closest thing we can compare Fields too. Bad team that needs a lot to turn it around. Burrows played well with a bad OL. Some guys just have it and others don’t. Everyone thinks Poles has no faith in Fields but in reality it could be that he is counting on Justin to do more with less while Poles builds up the entire team instead of just the WR room.
Building up the rest of the team = building up defense only. All the big money in FA (attempted) to be spent and the top picks of the draft

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
burrrrp

they been tellin people exactly what the approach is gon be

prob the most transparent I've ever seen a FO
Except they said they weren’t going to be big players in Fa and they were about to spend big money on a 3Tech until he got injured.

Said it was important to get Fields a big playmaker and they got him a gadget player who somehow isn’t developed at 25 years old.

Talked about building the trenches but instead built the secondary.

It’s another George regime faking it until they make it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Maybe Fields sucks - ever thought of that? Maybe he fell in the draft for a reason …. His decision making skills and his slow release and decision making were always a legitimate reason to be concerned ….

I've come to the conclusion that has to be it at least in Poles' mind.
Unless there's some amazing low rounders or trades I wouldn't get too stuck on Fields. This is not how you build around a QB you like.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
this sure looks like Flus had Poles ear
Or Poles did exactly what he said he was going to do, stay true to his board and take BPA at a position of need. Two day one starters and a solid contributor.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Sure except that is not the standard for the grand majority of successful young QBs.

Mahomes - Kelce, Hill
Watson - Hopkins, Fuller
Murray - Hopkins, now Brown
Josh Allen - Stefan Diggs
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Burrows - Chase

All of these QBs have support from their organization and team and arguably didn’t show much until they had weapons - particularly Murray, Allen, and Burrows.
Josh Allen.........At the top of the Bills first two drafts in 2018 and 2019. Tremain Edmunds LB, Ed Oliver DT, Harrison Phillips DT. Bills did not add a real weapon for Allen until the trade for Diggs in Allen's third year.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Poles should have just been transparent: unzipped his pants, whipped out his dick (stop salivating @Grimson) and just taken Malik Willis in round 3 and ended the suspense.....

It's all about the Qb!!!!!

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I've come to the conclusion that has to be it at least in Poles' mind.
Unless there's some amazing low rounders or trades I wouldn't get too stuck on Fields. This is not how you build around a QB you like.
This is the only explanation. From the Eberflus hiring to every single move after that. It's building everything else BUT the offense. Maybe they want to win 1-2 games and get a new QB next year.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Poles did exactly what he said he was going to do, stay true to his board and take BPA at a position of need. Two day one starters and a solid contributor.
a solid contributor on the punt team isn't going to keep Fields upright, actually Poles said he believed you build teams through the trenches, then didn't draft any, the early run on O Land WR,caught him with his pants down, and that's the case no matter how hard you try and spin it, he did recover with 2 decent secondary picks

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Poles did minimum to help him out this year. But no one expected the FA market to be what it was. What was apples supposed to do?

Oh look at you, at first you are "The Bears will have plenty of money to spend in Free agency".

After that didn't materialize, you are "The Bears still have the draft".

Now that the draft is nearly over, and all the picks with any significance are done, and Fields with still the same dogshit O, you are " Well there is next year"!!

LMAO, you can't make this shit up.

Ladies and Gentleman, you are witnessing "How to destroy a young QB 101". (David Carr anyone?)

Sure you can step back and make an argument for each of the picks the Bears made last night (well, except for a 25 year old developmental WR), and say, these will be pieces in the Bears rebuild.

But, collectively, when you stand back and critique the collective whole of Poles plan (or lack thereof) it is a total disaster. None of this "team building" matters, if Fields does not develop into a functional and above average NFL QB. His development should be priority number 1, priority number 2, and priority number 3.

Drafting 2 DB's in the second helps Fields exactly how? No WR? Fine, draft O-line. It really isn't rocket science.

But hey, sit back now and witness Dumpster diving for O, Bears edition 33 volume 5.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do have to admit this does feel very much like JA draft so far.
I.e. take some good defensive prospects then reach for a project offensive piece while ignoring the OL.

I’ve been hoping for the last month or so that Poles has some sort of handshake deal in place with Fisher to wait until after the draft to officially sign as to not hurt the comp pick formula. But I’m pretty sure they are out of that conversation anyway, especially with Hicks remaining unsigned.

Still hoping he signs Fisher and maybe another WR and Ogunjobi on a discount.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Oh look at you, at first you are "The Bears will have plenty of money to spend in Free agency".

After that didn't materialize, you are "The Bears still have the draft".

Now that the draft is nearly over, and all the picks with any significance are done, and Fields with still the same dogshit O, you are " Well there is next year"!!

LMAO, you can't make this shit up.

Ladies and Gentleman, you are witnessing "How to destroy a young QB 101". (David Carr anyone?)

Sure you can step back and make an argument for each of the picks the Bears made last night (well, except for a 25 year old developmental WR), and say, these will be pieces in the Bears rebuild.

But, collectively, when you stand back and critique the collective whole of Poles plan (or lack thereof) it is a total disaster. None of this "team building" matters, if Fields does not develop into a functional and above average NFL QB. His development should be priority number 1, priority number 2, and priority number 3.

Drafting 2 DB's in the second helps Fields exactly how? No WR? Fine, draft O-line. It really isn't rocket science.

But hey, sit back now and witness Dumpster diving for O, Bears edition 33 volume 5.
Please go back and read any of my posts from the offseason and you will see that I’ve said multiple times that the Bears DONT have plenty of money to spend in FA and they will a have a lot in 2023. I knew from the beginning they wouldn’t be competitive in FA. I also said 2023 will be the year will we actually should judge Poles on his moves.

As far as the draft, every fan says we will have the draft to find players. That’s what the draft is for…….

I didn’t read any of the rest because I don’t care.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I do have to admit this does feel very much like JA draft so far.
I.e. take some good defensive prospects then reach for a project offensive piece while ignoring the OL.

I’ve been hoping for the last month or so that Poles has some sort of handshake deal in place with Fisher to wait until after the draft to officially sign as to not hurt the comp pick formula. But I’m pretty sure they are out of that conversation anyway, especially with Hicks remaining unsigned.

Still hoping he signs Fisher and maybe another WR and Ogunjobi on a discount.
Not sure if they have the money but Fisher, Fuller, and a discounted Jobi would be glorious. There’s also UDFA and cuts coming up. Still a long ways to go and a lot of opportunities to improve