Poles Grade so far???

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But believe it or not, it’s possible. And just because the person we’re talking about is the new GM of your favorite football team (I’m just assuming here), doesn’t mean he is immune from deserved criticism.
he definitely deserves criticism especially with the VJJ pick but I’d rather not see him blow money on free agents with big contracts just to sign players.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shut the fuck up with these bullshit hypotheticals.

I would have done what good GMs do, and get my most important player some help. Not sit on my $ when I’m going to have over $100 mil next season, when it could be too late for fields.

Umm you started the bullshit hypotheticals by crying about players that did not sign with the Bears. Take you own advice perhaps.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not saying ESB is great but the top offenses have these receivers averaging 12ypc or less:

he definitely deserves criticism especially with the VJJ pick but I’d rather not see him blow money on free agents with big contracts just to sign players.

he wants him to do the exact same thing Pace did to put us in this situation. When Poles clearly said he would build through the draft. Problem is they didnt pick the players he liked or the positions he wanted even though they were needs

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm you started the bullshit hypotheticals by crying about players that did not sign with the Bears. Take you own advice perhaps.
If I was capable of selecting and signing the best possible free agents in the nfl at the lowest price, I wouldn’t be spending my day chatting on a message board.

If Poles swung and missed trying his best to help fields development in his all important 2nd year, I wouldn’t be critical especially in his first year at only 37.

If you think he did the right thing by getting below avg players on offense in FA when he had $ to do more, and going db with his first two picks, then agree to disagree.

But don’t tell me there weren’t better options than Lucas Patrick and poles was strapped for cash. That’s bs. He tied to sign a DT, it failed, and he was left scrambling

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he wants him to do the exact same thing Pace did to put us in this situation. When Poles clearly said he would build through the draft. Problem is they didnt pick the players he liked or the positions he wanted even though they were needs
If poles is going to build thru the draft, what’s he going to do with all the $ he will have next offseason?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If poles is going to build thru the draft, what’s he going to do with all the $ he will have next offseason?
You can still build thru the draft but add a couple or few pieces to the roster to expedite it. Then develop their eventual replacements with later round picks. Good organizations operate this way.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can still build thru the draft but add a couple or few pieces to the roster to expedite it. Then develop their eventual replacements with later round picks. Good organizations operate this way.
Agreed! This is my point. Thank you ?

We had $ to do that last offseason and didn’t. Not a single player was added to help develop the younger players on offense (ie Justin fields)

Poles tried with a DT, but it backfired badly

The excuse that “Poles said he will build thru the draft” is just more bs

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed! This is my point. Thank you ?

We had $ to do that last offseason and didn’t. Not a single player was added to help develop the younger players on offense (ie Justin fields)

Poles tried with a DT, but it backfired badly

The excuse that “Poles said he will build thru the draft” is just more bs
We disagree on who should have been signed.

Ogunjobi is kicking ass and playing out of scheme in Pittsburgh. Those other offensive players have not performed well.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We disagree on who should have been signed.

Ogunjobi is kicking ass and playing out of scheme in Pittsburgh. Those other offensive players have not performed well.
Poles should have been able to identify better offensive talent than I can.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jensen - Lol at thinking Jensen signs with us over Bucs. He got 13m a year on a SB winning team. We likely would have had to go 15m a year for 31 year old C. No thanks.

Corbett - Would have loved to sign him but not outbidding Panthers who went into offseason with the most cap space.

Schercf has a considerably lower grade than Jenkins and Whitehair. It is about 5 points lower than Musty and 5 points above Patrick. So not really an upgrade.

Tomlinson - I wanted him as well but went to the Jets who again had more cap space. He also has been garbage this year with a 44 grade which is lower than all our starters.

So the only clear upgrades likely went to teams that were much better (TB) and had more cap space (Panthers). The others have been outperformed by the Bears interior lineman.
I forgot to ask… what ”grades” are you using here? PFF?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I was capable of selecting and signing the best possible free agents in the nfl at the lowest price, I wouldn’t be spending my day chatting on a message board.

If Poles swung and missed trying his best to help fields development in his all important 2nd year, I wouldn’t be critical especially in his first year at only 37.

If you think he did the right thing by getting below avg players on offense in FA when he had $ to do more, and going db with his first two picks, then agree to disagree.

But don’t tell me there weren’t better options than Lucas Patrick and poles was strapped for cash. That’s bs. He tied to sign a DT, it failed, and he was left scrambling

2 of the guys you mentioned have turned out not to be better players thus far. Don't know what to tell you. And no I simply don't think Jensen signs for us over the Bucs. Corbett is the only one that is really up for debate but again Panthers had about twice as much cap as us this year so how realistic that is who knows.

The issue I have with you is you are pretending it was 100% guaranteed he could sign these guys when there are clear reasons why that may not be the case.

I forgot to ask… what ”grades” are you using here? PFF?

Yes. Don't know anyone else that has grades of all players.

Poles should have been able to identify better offensive talent than I can.

He did. He determined that Jenkins and Whitehair were better than BS and LT and so didn't sign them. Jenkins is 8th overall and Whitehair is 9th. BS is 39 and Laken is 64. Corbett is 10.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will also add that once again Bears OL is 2nd in Pass Block Win Rate and Fields has the most time in pocket at 2.6 seconds. The reality is Fields holds the ball longer than anyone so pressure will eventually come in the NFL if you do so. He also holds the ball long as the WRs struggle to get open at times.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 of the guys you mentioned have turned out not to be better players thus far. Don't know what to tell you. And no I simply don't think Jensen signs for us over the Bucs. Corbett is the only one that is really up for debate but again Panthers had about twice as much cap as us this year so how realistic that is who knows.

The issue I have with you is you are pretending it was 100% guaranteed he could sign these guys when there are clear reasons why that may not be the case.

Yes. Don't know anyone else that has grades of all players.

He did. He determined that Jenkins and Whitehair were better than BS and LT and so didn't sign them. Jenkins is 8th overall and Whitehair is 9th. BS is 39 and Laken is 64. Corbett is 10.
Lolol pff. That’s what I figured. Trying to get everyone thinking you know anything about these other players and your basing your entire argument on PFF. Love it!

Poles had no fucking idea what he had in Jenkins which is why he tried to sign bates, and fucked that up too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lolol pff. That’s what I figured. Trying to get everyone thinking you know anything about these other players and your basing your entire argument on PFF. Love it!

Poles had no fucking idea what he had in Jenkins which is why he tried to sign bates, and fucked that up too.

Ok what do you know about these players besides their names. You going to pretend you watched the All 22 and zeroed in on these guys as exellent players? Here are Jets fans talking about how shit Laken had been playing.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He did fuck up the Bates signing. That’s true. He could have added a couple of million to it and made it impossible for a Buffalo to sign him. Last I read, Bates is kicking ass in Buffalo

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

PFF at least is something. You just mention names without any idea as to how they're even currently playing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He did fuck up the Bates signing. That’s true. He could have added a couple of million to it and made it impossible for a Buffalo to sign him. Last I read, Bates is kicking ass in Buffalo

56.4 overall grade and 47.6 pass block grade.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
56.4 overall grade and 47.6 pass block grade.
Well the writers in Buffalo are bragging about keeping him. So I don’t know who to believe

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now do Roquan…

Don't really care for PFF grades for LBs because there are other PFF metrics to judge them by. Quan leads all LBs in run stops (31) and passer rating against (46.6). He has given up just 2 TDs in coverage in his entire career.