Poles Grade so far???

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far, incomplete......the Bears have been in most games with a team that is held together by spit and baling wire.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incomplete, trending towards D.

Decided to rebuild. Is rebuilding.

Elected to light the offense on fire and thus a year of Fields development.

Hired a defensive head coach for some reason.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Too early to tell. Evaluation of how its going so far though: going into season I was skeptical about the group he brought in at WR and OL - especially iOL. I thought he should have focused on Chark because of his size and skillset and feel he "lost" the opportunity to sign Chark because of focusing on the DT that was a bust. With the benefit of hindsight that appears to be a non-issue because Chark aint done Chit. The iOL concerns due appear to be as bad or worse than feared *so far*. I liked his draft except the VJJ pick and so far it looks like a dud pick.

Looking at the larger picture though it seems pretty clear that '22 was a tear down year, and '23 will be the rebuild year so I think its premature to judge Poles solely on the teams performance in '22. Playoff team or failure for '23 though, and there is still a lot of work left to be done on the roster - thankfully there are a lot of resources available if not exactly a prime FA class to use them on.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Could be worse. Everyone said they knew this was a rebuild over the summer and now people are pissed off that it's a rebuild. Confusing until you realize you are on these forums.

no. this season was all about justin tebow taking the next step in development.

regardless of all sugarcoats bear qb's are lavished with every season . . . A QBR OF 34.3 IS DOWNRIGHT COMICAL!!!! another hilarious stat is Mooney being targetted 33 times this year and justin only connecting on 17 of those tries for 240 yards and it's WEEK SEVEN ALREADY!

rofl

mecha

Liked Posts:
Could be worse. Everyone said they knew this was a rebuild over the summer and now people are pissed off that it's a rebuild. Confusing until you realize you are on these forums.
this is what I've been saying for what seems like an eternity now. are people seriously losing sleep over the state of the Bears? it's not like they were perennial contenders and suddenly are one of the worst teams in the league. See More...

So far, incomplete......the Bears have been in most games with a team that is held together by spit and baling wire.
this x1000

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say he has an “A”so far
He has shedded a lot contract dead weight from the previous regime that was never going to help
He turned around the draft into the best possible for us
- Actually added picks with some hopeful prospects vice lost picks on bad players
He didn’t waste cap space to bolster unproven players.
- Sorry Fields has not proven yet he can play at this level
He has solved some of the anemic offense with the run game- still have work to do though
He hired a better coaching prospect - Overall we are a better coached team with more discipline

GoBears

Liked Posts:
no. this season was all about justin tebow taking the next step in development.

regardless of all sugarcoats bear qb's are lavished with every season . . . A QBR OF 34.3 IS DOWNRIGHT COMICAL!!!! another hilarious stat is Mooney being targetted 33 times this year and justin only connecting on 17 of those tries for 240 yards and it's WEEK SEVEN ALREADY!

rofl
Judging by how much effort you've gone through to shit on Fields from nickname to portrait and everything else... I kind of feel like you have an agenda.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say he has an “A”so far
He has shedded a lot contract dead weight from the previous regime that was never going to help
He turned around the draft into the best possible for us
- Actually added picks with some hopeful prospects vice lost picks on bad players
He didn’t waste cap space to bolster unproven players.
- Sorry Fields has not proven yet he can play at this level
He has solved some of the anemic offense with the run game- still have work to do though
He hired a better coaching prospect - Overall we are a better coached team with more discipline
Yeah. I think that he did what he needed to do which was build a new ship instead of trying to fix major leaks on an old vessel. This team right now has been in every game that they have played. Despite an admitted lack of talent on both sides of the ball, they have competed to the point of being very close to being a 4-2 team instead of a 2-4 team. Yeah, as a fan I want the Bears to win and it is frustrating to watch a kid not going out of bound to stop the clock, fumble a punt inside the 20 yard line at the end of the game, and a receiver not win teh fight for a 50-50 ball to win a game.

I'm generally a pessimist when it comes to Chicago Sports Teams especially the Bears and the White Sox but I am encouraged by what I've seen a young team do thus far. I am concerned about the OC as to how he is designing the offense and Fields. Eventually he is going to turn Fields loose. Fields in the pocket looks to me as being unconfident on the routes his receivers are making and thusly is late on turning the ball loose. I think though, that they need to really turn Fields loose near the goal line and not be so damned conservative on first and second down. That's on the OC.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Judging by how much effort you've gone through to shit on Fields from nickname to portrait and everything else... I kind of feel like you have an agenda.

google <ohio state qb's in the nfl>

i dare you

GoBears

Liked Posts:
google <ohio state qb's in the nfl>

i dare you
Honestly don't care enough to do that but you seem very invested. The problem with agendas is people tend to disregard what the person with the agenda says. You may be the ultimate source on Justin Fields and/or Ohio State. Hell, you might be the NFL's greatest scout but when I look at how much Justin Fields and/or Ohio State have damaged you, it makes me think that there's a bit of angst shading your opinions. You don't seem very objective is what I'm saying. If you're actually interested in people considering your point of view, you might want to consider that. But hey, at least you're a Bears fan? Right? I wouldn't know since it looks like you hate our players.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the OP-incomplete. I am slightly optimistic but I know it’s the Bears. He needs to be aggressive, and right, in the off-season.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
we should have fired him in april pre draft like i suggested. the only redeemable thing he has given me is over locks for opposing WR 2s with the liability dancer from washington. its all burning to the ground. i want to die.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think trying to grade anything at this point is fucking stupid. Reports around the league is that he never got an offer higher than a 5th for Quinn so I’m not sure why anyone is ripping their dick off over this. Save that for gamedays

Pretty much.

I never thought any team offered much for Quinn otherwise they would have taken it

napo55

Liked Posts:
Failure to prioritize supporting Justin Fields, particulary neglect of WR position. Failure equals an "F", but let's be generous and give him a "D" at this early stage.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B-.

I don’t hate him yet but I’m starting to get tired of his face a little early.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Failure to prioritize supporting Justin Fields, particulary neglect of WR position. Failure equal an "F", but let's be generous and give him a "D" at this early stage.

everyone bought into the old saying of the <qb play raises the level of his teammates around him>

Mooney for one is fresh off a 81 catch, 1100 yard season.

He fell off the cliff as 50pct of his targets are whiffs. Wonder why??? hmmmmm

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
F+. Invested top draft pick in an outdated position on a team with horrendous offense. Bears needed to add a piece or two around Fields this year and another piece or two next year. Cannot do it all in one year. Commitment to garbage Bears footbaw. Signed a head coach that no one wanted

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
We are not even halfway into the first year of his tenure. To try to slap a grade on it is really dumb.

Case in point - Gordon looked like a bust early, but he's starting to come on the last two games. Which makes sense because he's a rookie.

Fans need to get over this immediacy bias. It's a rebuild year. Nothing is going to look great and people should have realized that and should stop having temper tantrums over it.
The NFL doesn’t require 3 years anymore to rebuild. If a team isn’t showing that it’s average to good in year two they won’t be good in general. I doubt this team is good next year. NEXT