Poles in win win spot w QB

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Any fair and onjective observer would conclude that the Bears WR group is among the worst in the NFL. Bringing in failed receivers and expecting them to suddenly become productive players is unrealistic.

As far as the O line , it also is among the worst.

So concentrate on giving Fields some decent receivers and quality linemen, and then we can actually have a fair assessment of Justin Fields.
the problem with blaming the WR is that Fields is one of the reasons for them being "the worst WR group" Mooney statistically was a much better WR when Fields was not throwing him the ball, same with Claypool, same with Montgomery. Fields right now is not a QB that makes the players around him better, statistically he has made them worse. thats kind of a big deal. Now with some very high end WR to help overcome that combined with Fields running ablity that might be OK.

But upgrading the passing department needs to be looked at including possibly the QB

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone say JF isn't a good passer? Go look at his college tape when playing with some legit starters and talent. Call me after you do.

Because if he was a good passer you wouldn't be bringing up his college tape as any kind of argument.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
the problem with blaming the WR is that Fields is one of the reasons for them being "the worst WR group" Mooney statistically was a much better WR when Fields was not throwing him the ball, same with Claypool, same with Montgomery. Fields right now is not a QB that makes the players around him better, statistically he has made them worse. thats kind of a big deal. Now with some very high end WR to help overcome that combined with Fields running ablity that might be OK.

But upgrading the passing department needs to be looked at including possibly the QB

How well did EQ do with Aaron Rodgers when AR was still playing like a top QB? This was Fields' WR1 when Mooney got injured.

How about Pringle with Mahomes?

How did Harry do in New England last season with your boy Mac Jones? Oh yeah, we got him for a 7th.

Did Claypool even know where to lineup???

Is there any other viable receiving talent on this team that you can think of?

Where did Bears receivers rank in the NFL in terms of yards of separation again?

You are a clown.

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Now you're just making shit up. Mooney's best season was when Fields was his primary QB.

1674179753669.png

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He did pretty good as the #4-#5 WR for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Hmmmmmmm
It show just how stupid you are.

Any intelligent person would understand that a 4th or 5th WR doing well on a team, would have to have 1 through 3 WRs doing very well, or else he would take their place, which would mean that the 5th or 6th CB on the opposing team would be covering him one on one, making his life easier.

On a team life Cincy, that 4th or 5th WR might be the 4th best receiver on the team. However; on KC, at best he is the 5th best receiver because Kelce is the top receiver on his team.

Some weapon.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Didn't read the long post before this one but to this one, Mahomes would of lasted because he knows how to get the ball out quick and knows how to throw WR's open and doesn't have that long throwing motion that Fields has and....................................lets just say he's really good in the passing game.
Yes, Mahomes is a much better passer than Fields. Seeing that he is well on pace to becoming the GOAT QB, he should be better than Fields, especially since Fields is a work in progress as a passer.

And, no, Mahomes would not survive the 2022 Bears offense because he would have gotten beaten to a pulp and would have started having bad habits because of the constant abuse he would receive every game.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard any comments from the coaches at Ohio State? If I was Poles I would ask for their input on the potential of Fields vs. that of Stroud.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why does everyone say JF isn't a good passer? Go look at his college tape when playing with some legit starters and talent. Call me after you do.

If you look at the 8 games beyond the mini-bye after Washington, Fields has 12 TDs, 5 INTs and a QBR over 90 across them.

People who say he can't pass aren't paying attention.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Poles decides to either move on or stick with Fields, it’s a win win.

If he stays with Poles and he stinks- he didn’t draft him and no one would hold it against him.

If he trades Fields and picks someone he absolutely loves the clock starts all over again and has another few years.

That having been said, he can ride his tenure out longer with choice number one.

Who is a huge issue with GM’s. Let’s be honest Fields has shown very little to no evidence that he can be the QB moving forward.

So, for the rebuild purpose, drafting the best QB according to him would reset the rookie clock. As Fields has lost two years.

This kind of move would take extreme BALLS and Poles has shown to not care and for all we know told ownership that he didn’t think he was the guy.

Last thought, I/we really don’t fully understand the affect the money/attendance etc has to do with player personnel decisions. Fields is beloved by Bears fans and a lot more people watch the Bears bc he is so damn exciting and fun to watch.

I personally think he could win a Super Bowl or maybe two as I just don’t think his tenure will last that long for health reasons.

AgainC I would keep him but my point is that the perfect recipe exists for him to get rid of him if he wants. It’s very hard/easy to get the first pick of the draft depending on how you look at it and it doesn’t happen too often for a franchise so he could use that to sell the McCaskeys but I also don’t have the Metrics to see how much money Fields brings in the Bears being who he is and how he plays.
There is no such thing as being in a win/win situation with a QB for a GM.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really dont understand the talk about trading Fields. Why would you even think about trading him when you havent given him the talent around him to support his growth? People think any QB can come in here, let alone a Rookie and put up solid numbers with our circus of an OLine.
Why is there talk about this? You can thank the media, they need something to talk about and then they get dimwit fans buying in to their nonsense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, Mahomes is a much better passer than Fields. Seeing that he is well on pace to becoming the GOAT QB, he should be better than Fields, especially since Fields is a work in progress as a passer.

And, no, Mahomes would not survive the 2022 Bears offense because he would have gotten beaten to a pulp and would have started having bad habits because of the constant abuse he would receive every game.
Nah his football IQ is too high. He would of been just fine on this team.

What else?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If you look at the 8 games beyond the mini-bye after Washington, Fields has 12 TDs, 5 INTs and a QBR over 90 across them.

People who say he can't pass aren't paying attention.
and only one 1 game over 200 yards passing. we are saying he isnt a good passer because we are paying attention you cant only throw for 150 yards a game average and be considered a good passer. Fields will not throw guys open doesnt usually throw into tight windows and waits for guys to get wide open, so that will result in a lot more sacks, and not much passing production.. like we have seen

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nah his football IQ is too high. He would of been just fine on this team.

What else?
What else?

No, would you care to respond to your own comment above after seeing Mahomes limping around with a much better offensive line and receiving weapons?

Like I said, Mahomes would not have made it through 2022 if he had played on the Bears in 2022.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What else?

No, would you care to respond to your own comment above after seeing Mahomes limping around with a much better offensive line and receiving weapons?

Like I said, Mahomes would not have made it through 2022 if he had played on the Bears in 2022.
Hahaha you waited for Mahomes to get hurt and immediately thought about me.

I 1000% stand behind my comment. Mahomes would of easily thrown for 3,500 yds on this team. Fields threw fro 2,200 and he wasn't even good in the passing game, Mahomes is on another level.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Hahaha you waited for Mahomes to get hurt and immediately thought about me.

I 1000% stand behind my comment. Mahomes would of easily thrown for 3,500 yds on this team. Fields threw fro 2,200 and he wasn't even good in the passing game, Mahomes is on another level.
I never said that Mahomes is on a different level than Fields. I will add to that. Mahomes is on a different level than probably every single QB playing in 2022.

I didn't think about you. I thought about your comment. If Mahomes can get hurt with a good offensive line, real weapons and a top level HC, his chances of him having gotten hurt with the Bears 2022 offensive line would probably sit around an 85% chance of happening in 17 games.

If he got hurt early on, his chances of getting 3,500 yards would be near impossible because he would try to come back with the same shitty line that got him hurt initially. Of course, if he survives most of the season before he got hurt, he would probably pass the 3,500 yard mark.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You're a one trick pony.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can we stop saying Fields had no weapons at all on offense please? I get it that he didn't have much and a average OL but he had weapons that he could of done more with in the passing game. Kmet had 3 TD's in one game. Seems like a weapon that they just didn't go to consistently enough. Everyone wants to pay D.Mooney but if nobody thinks he's a weapon then why pay him. I've seen many WR's go to a new team and be able to produce so did Claypool just lose all of his talent as soon as he got traded??

They need to give him a lot of talent on that OL but the only thing he needs in weapons is a #1 WR because he's good with 2's, 3's and 4's.

GEESH
Kmet never had 3 TD’s in 1game and even that wouldn’t mean that a player was a considerable talent if that said player did have 3TD’s. Detroit had a TE with 3 TD’s in one game but I wouldn’t call him a talent(Zlystra @ Carolina). He had below average skill position talent to work with as a whole, probably the worst in the league