Poles in win win spot w QB

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lets start off by saying.....yes JF has to continue developing as a young Qb. And that means ALL aspects of his game.
No argument there.

However, for u to say "he has made all his current weapons around him worse". as well as saying
"Fields is not a good passer, and that really kinda sucks..".......is just wrong and irresponsible. If JF is so bad, how did his
passer rating go from 73 to 85 ??? ?:cool:

So a few points here ........

1) I find it interesting you'd compare a young, developing Qb like JF to Rodgers a 39 year old, 18 year, SB winning vet Qb, who had the privilege of sitting for the first 3 yrs, learning from Brett Farve. I mean lets be fair.

2)
We rarely see JF get a full 3 seconds in the pocket. By the time yer at "1-1000", the pocket is
collapsing . By the time ball reaches JF's hand, many times there's pocket collapsation.

3)
No we can't say JF makes the OL look bad. The OL is just not there with pass pro. Run blocking....yes. Pass pro, No.

4) the routes aren't quick developing. For example, Quick slants, hooks, short option routes etc. Route design is on
Getsy. He has to design routes to help JF get the ball out quicker, while relieving the pass pro stress on the OL.
Getsty also has to do a better job of incorporating Claypool into the offense.

5) it's been mentioned how the wr's haven't run the best routes. Remember that terrible comeback route EQ ran that got the ball intercepted? JF was trying to throw it to a spot and EQ wasn't there. I'm not gonna chronicle all the key dropped passes.

Mooney has stated the wr's have to get better. I'm still looking for that article. Poles stated (in the press conference) that everyone on offense has to get better. He also stated the org. has to help JF continue to rise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I sent u the article below back in Dec. link>> #100

Bears' Lucas Patrick: I haven't played to my standard

“We just got to be better for him because he (JF) deserves it.”
-Veteran offensive lineman Lucas Patrick
1) I'm not really comparing Fields to Rodgers this was just the type of throw I was talking about and that had a really good angle to show "open" in the NFL, all good QBs will do throws like that, the greats ones do it all the time, JF does not.

2) getting a full 3 seconds is not what we are looking for, that's an unrealistic expectation for the OL to hold the blocks that long, and that's the point, JF holds the ball too long, this isn't new info, when you hold the Ball to long that makes the OL look much worse then they actually are.

3) at 3 seconds that is correct they can't hold that long, at the 2.5 second win rate they are actually really good, so if Fields got rid of the ball faster then the over 3 seconds he is taking now our OL would statistics would look really good.

4) not true, as that last pic I showed with Rodgers that was not a quick developing route either, he got rid of the ball quickly because he threw the ball with anticipation, he didn't have to wait for his WR to be wide open before making the throw like Fields does, also there is always a dump off you can take.

5)the EQ route is a perfect example of JF not really processing what's happening, look at my second to last pic.. that WR was heavily covered but the ball was thrown anyway, why? Because the defender had his back to the QB.. the EQ route the defender was looking directly at fields direction, that's a Ball that you don't throw, could of EQ did a better job? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact Fields didn't read it correctly.

Could things look better with better WR? Sure, but the problem is I'm not seeing the things that JF should be doing that other good/great QBs do. If Fields was doing those things and the WR where failing to make the catch or ran left when the ball was placed right etc.. then I would agree that better WR would help a ton because JF is doing everything right, but that's not the case, JF is not throwing with anticipation, or throwing guys open, or correctly understanding what's happening in real time.

That's why I want a really good WR to help him learn that, I want a proven WR vet to tell him yes that's open throw me the ball in that situation and hopefully Fields starts putting it together and figuring it out.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

Lets start off by saying.....yes JF has to continue developing as a young Qb. And that means ALL aspects of his game.
No argument there.

However, for u to say "he has made all his current weapons around him worse". as well as saying
"Fields is not a good passer, and that really kinda sucks..".......is just wrong and irresponsible. If JF is so bad, how did his

1) I find it interesting you'd compare a young, developing Qb like JF to Rodgers a 39 year old, 18 year, SB winning vet Qb, who had the privilege of sitting for the first 3 yrs, learning from Brett Farve. I mean lets be fair.

2) We rarely see JF get a full 3 seconds in the pocket. By the time yer at "1-1000", the pocket is
collapsing . By the time ball reaches JF's hand, many times there's pocket collapsation.

3) No we can't say JF makes the OL look bad. The OL is just not there with pass pro. Run blocking....yes. Pass pro, No.

4) the routes aren't quick developing. For example, Quick slants, hooks, short option routes etc. Route design is on
Getsy. He has to design routes to help JF get the ball out quicker, while relieving the pass pro stress on the OL.

5) it's been mentioned how the wr's haven't run the best routes. Remember that terrible comeback route EQ ran that got the ball intercepted? JF was trying to throw it to a spot and EQ wasn't there. I'm not gonna chronicle all the key dropped passes.

Mooney has stated the wr's have to get better. I'm still looking for that article. Poles stated (in the press conference) that everyone on offense has to get better. He also stated the org. has to help JF continue to rise.

1) I'm not really comparing Fields to Rodgers this was just the type of throw I was talking about and that had a really good angle to show "open" in the NFL, all good QBs will do throws like that, the greats ones do it all the time, JF does not.

2) getting a full 3 seconds is not what we are looking for, that's an unrealistic expectation for the OL to hold the blocks that long, and that's the point, JF holds the ball too long, this isn't new info, when you hold the Ball to long that makes the OL look much worse then they actually are.

3) at 3 seconds that is correct they can't hold that long, at the 2.5 second win rate they are actually really good, so if Fields got rid of the ball faster then the over 3 seconds he is taking now our OL would statistics would look really good.

4) not true, as that last pic I showed with Rodgers that was not a quick developing route either, he got rid of the ball quickly because he threw the ball with anticipation, he didn't have to wait for his WR to be wide open before making the throw like Fields does, also there is always a dump off you can take.

5)the EQ route is a perfect example of JF not really processing what's happening, look at my second to last pic.. that WR was heavily covered but the ball was thrown anyway, why? Because the defender had his back to the QB.. the EQ route the defender was looking directly at fields direction, that's a Ball that you don't throw, could of EQ did a better job? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact Fields didn't read it correctly.

Could things look better with better WR? Sure, but the problem is I'm not seeing the things that JF should be doing that other good/great QBs do. If Fields was doing those things and the WR where failing to make the catch or ran left when the ball was placed right etc.. then I would agree that better WR would help a ton because JF is doing everything right, but that's not the case, JF is not throwing with anticipation, or throwing guys open, or correctly understanding what's happening in real time.

That's why I want a really good WR to help him learn that, I want a proven WR vet to tell him yes that's open throw me the ball in that situation and hopefully Fields starts putting it together and figuring it out.

You avoided any discussion about JF's increased passer rating going from 73 to 85 ??? ?:cool:

the 5th point was about EQ running a bad route see article below

Justin Fields Was Not Happy With Equanimeous St. Brown ...

quote:
Asked Jaire Alexander what kind of indicators EQ St. Brown gives to show when he's breaking down a route: "He's just not as quick as some. He's just kind of slow with it. He's real slow. So it was just easy."
------------------------------------------------

the 4th point was about Getsy and route design
And for the 2nd time u avoided any discussion about the article below

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
As a passer! There haven’t been many of any signs that he can be the guy! Maholmes has the same level of receivers if not worse than we have- they have no Mooney.

Not saying he can’t but it has yet to be determined!!!
I’m not saying he won’t become one but he has yet to show on even a semi consistent basis to be a great qb as far as passing is considered. I think and hope he does but to just blindly say he has or will is just pie in the sky stuff.

I’m not trying to hurt your feelings! In fact, I think Fields is the most entertaining and fun to watch football player in the NFL and therefore don’t really care if he ever becomes the guy bc with little talent and oline help, if he makes it to the playoffs, he can take over every game and win against any and all teams.

Even five years of that, Fields will be a Chicago legend for life and I’m glad to watch him play

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
run and shoot said:

No argument there.

2) We rarely see JF get a full 3 seconds in the pocket. By the time yer at "1-1000", the pocket is

3) No we can't say JF makes the OL look bad. The OL is just not there with pass pro. Run blocking....yes. Pass pro, No.

You avoided any discussion about JF's increased passer rating going from 73 to 85 ??? ?:cool:

the 5th point was about EQ running a bad route see article below

quote:
Asked Jaire Alexander what kind of indicators EQ St. Brown gives to show when he's breaking down a route: "He's just not as quick as some. He's just kind of slow with it. He's real slow. So it was just easy."
------------------------------------------------

the 4th point was about Getsy and route design
And for the 2nd time u avoided any discussion about the article below

---------------------------------------------------

the QB rating went from terrible to meh.. that 85 rating puts him 25th combine that with his 149 ypg thats rated 33rd his comp% of 31st, Its just not great, he is not a great passer. It is what it is.

Yes the 5th point was about EQ could of done a better job, but that was a terrible decision by fields, Both can be wrong and both are wrong, But that doesnt change the fact that the types of throws JF should be doing he is not doing.. Your example to try and shift the blame with point 5 doesnt work because it just illistrates the problem with Fields not understanding whats happening in real time.

And no I havent really commented on the articles because I dont put much weight into them, You dont get real answers from current players and coaches that are on the same team, its all "coach speak" otherwise your labeled a locker room canser, so a player propping up a young QB to shift blame is meaningless, look at every bust at QB the bears have had.. lots of articles from players and couches talking them up.. its all meaningless fluff.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
the QB rating went from terrible to meh.. that 85 rating puts him 25th combine that with his 149 ypg thats rated 33rd his comp% of 31st, Its just not great, he is not a great passer. It is what it is.

Yes the 5th point was about EQ could of done a better job, but that was a terrible decision by fields, Both can be wrong and both are wrong, But that doesnt change the fact that the types of throws JF should be doing he is not doing.. Your example to try and shift the blame with point 5 doesnt work because it just illistrates the problem with Fields not understanding whats happening in real time.

And no I havent really commented on the articles because I dont put much weight into them, You dont get real answers from current players and coaches that are on the same team, its all "coach speak" otherwise your labeled a locker room canser, so a player propping up a young QB to shift blame is meaningless, look at every bust at QB the bears have had.. lots of articles from players and couches talking them up.. its all meaningless fluff.

Darnell Mooney Revealed How Frustrated Justin Fields Is

“He wants to throw the ball; he wants to throw the ball, for sure. He doesn’t want to run around. He’s a great athlete. He wants to get his playmakers involved. Sometimes, you have to do it. Sometimes you don’t. It just happened how the game (went).”

-
Darnell Mooney

I know.....you say its "lots of articles from players and couches talking them up"

----------------------------------------------------
Translation: You don't care that a young, developing JF improved his passer rating.

Your example to try and shift the blame with point 5 doesnt work because it just illistrates the problem with Fields not understanding whats happening in real time.

Is the quote below "shifting blame" ?? Is the article above "shifting blame" ??
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers' Jaire Alexander: Disrespects Bears' Equanimeous St ...

Is the article above "shifting blame" ??

You dont get real answers from current players and coaches that are on the same team, its all "coach speak" otherwise your labeled a locker room canser, so a player propping up a young QB to shift blame is meaningless, look at every bust at QB the bears have had.. lots of articles from players and couches talking them up.. its all meaningless fluff.

Jaire Alexander doesn't play for the Bears. Alexander is not a Bear coach ?

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Resetting the clock now is redundant. I consider this year one of the poles rebuild. He had the balls to burn it to the ground, which needed to happen. Now comes the fun part.
crazy to think just a year ago some of us figured Poles would fuck this up, but look at what he has in his arsenal at this moment, let alone leading into his "first" offseason after tearing the roster down. He has a nice chunk of U.S. currency and soon to be extra picks from that 2023 #1. Nobody really predicted anything close to this. I already had my crow.

pnch40

Liked Posts:
Could you imagine trading Fields to a team like the Ravens and they go to the playoffs next year while the Bears are again trying to groom a QB with Luke Getsy and co.?

I’d go a step further. Trade fields. Then trade down for even more picks. Now you’re talking about like 5-7 1st. Then sign Brady. Or re-sign Glennon.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Darnell Mooney Revealed How Frustrated Justin Fields Is

“He wants to throw the ball; he wants to throw the ball, for sure. He doesn’t want to run around. He’s a great athlete. He wants to get his playmakers involved. Sometimes, you have to do it. Sometimes you don’t. It just happened how the game (went).”

-
Darnell Mooney

I know.....you say its "lots of articles from players and couches talking them up"

----------------------------------------------------

Translation: You don't care that a young, developing JF improved his passer rating.

Is the quote below "shifting blame" ?? Is the article above "shifting blame" ??
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the article above "shifting blame" ??

Jaire Alexander doesn't play for the Bears. Alexander is not a Bear coach ?
I'm glad JF improved, I'm saying that improvement isnt that great. An 85 rating is not something that anyone should be excited about, combine that with the fact his other stats really are not that great either (other then running) and the reality is he is not a great passer.

Alexander talking about EQ does not magically turn Fields bad decision into a good one, It was a BAD decision to throw that ball regardless on the route run or not.

also the Mooney quote seems to be an off handed comment on Fields just not doing the right thing..

Sometimes you have to do it seems to be YOU HAVE TO THROW THE BALL! that seems like Mooneys frustration is spilling out

But thats irrelevant because the numbers dont lie, Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, Mongomery all had better passing yards when other QBs threw them the ball because other QBs apparently "do it" when Fields does not. Fields is struggling in real time on what to do unless the WR is wide open and is eating a bunch more sacks holding onto the ball waiting for that WR to break free.

Good QBs have more tight window throws, throwing with anticipation, throwing guys open etc in one game than Fields has had in his entire career. This is a problem.. a big problem

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm glad JF improved, I'm saying that improvement isnt that great. An 85 rating is not something that anyone should be excited about, combine that with the fact his other stats really are not that great either (other then running) and the reality is he is not a great passer.

Alexander talking about EQ does not magically turn Fields bad decision into a good one, It was a BAD decision to throw that ball regardless on the route run or not.

also the Mooney quote seems to be an off handed comment on Fields just not doing the right thing..

Sometimes you have to do it seems to be YOU HAVE TO THROW THE BALL! that seems like Mooneys frustration is spilling out

But thats irrelevant because the numbers dont lie, Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, Mongomery all had better passing yards when other QBs threw them the ball because other QBs apparently "do it" when Fields does not. Fields is struggling in real time on what to do unless the WR is wide open and is eating a bunch more sacks holding onto the ball waiting for that WR to break free.

Good QBs have more tight window throws, throwing with anticipation, throwing guys open etc in one game than Fields has had in his entire career. This is a problem.. a big problem

He was at one point putting up 3-4 Td's a game. His passer rating improved as a young, developing Qb. I get it, you want to disregard it all. BTW... JF runs out of necessity i.e. pocket collapsation

Alexander has nothing to do with Bear org.

Alexander basically said EQ screwed up the route. JF put the ball where it was suppose to be on the hook route/comeback. I've thrown the ball on hook routes. The wr should drive the DB back and separate from the DB.
and the ball is on the way. Alexander is saying EQ allowed him to jump the route. JF can't throw to himself ....lol. Take a look at the article again. Focus on what Alexander says. Alexander has nothing to do with Bear org.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He was at one point putting up 3-4 Td's a game. His passer rating improved as a young, developing Qb. I get it, you want to disregard it all. BTW... JF runs out of necessity i.e. pocket collapsation

Alexander has nothing to do with Bear org.

Alexander basically said EQ screwed up the route. JF put the ball where it was suppose to be on the hook route/comeback. I've thrown the ball on hook routes. The wr should drive the DB back and separate from the DB.
and the ball is on the way. Alexander is saying EQ allowed him to jump the route. JF can't throw to himself ....lol. Take a look at the article again. Focus on what Alexander says. Alexander has nothing to do with Bear org.

Yes as a running back he is great, but I'm talking about as a passer, he has never thrown for 4 TD and only threw for 3 TD 1 time this year.

With the EQ situation you posting what Alexander said does not change anything. EQ running a lazy route doesnt change the fact that JF was ALSO bad. They BOTH where bad, It was a bad decision to throw the ball in that situation, Matt Bowen already said as much. We have already gone through this.

Fields struggles reading and identifying what is happening in real time, you pointing to a bad route run by EQ ALSO is another instance of JF not processing correctly what is happening and what he should do with the ball.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Imagine being @dbldrew and hating on a 2nd year QB because he's black

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes as a running back he is great, but I'm talking about as a passer, he has never thrown for 4 TD and only threw for 3 TD 1 time this year.

With the EQ situation you posting what Alexander said does not change anything. EQ running a lazy route doesnt change the fact that JF was ALSO bad. They BOTH where bad, It was a bad decision to throw the ball in that situation, Matt Bowen already said as much. We have already gone through this.

Fields struggles reading and identifying what is happening in real time, you pointing to a bad route run by EQ ALSO is another instance of JF not processing correctly what is happening and what he should do with the ball.

Wow how could u bring yourself to call JF "a running back". That's what JF haters say ( it's hater code for not being a real Qb) ?
JF was accounting for 3-4 Tds per game. Who cares how he got them. Where are your stats for the drop in scoring output when JF didn't play?

As for the EQ route, I explained how that route is suppose happen. It's a timing route and EQ was off time. EQ did not separate from Alexander. It's in the link I provided earlier.
Here's another....

St. Brown agrees he could've fought for ball on INT - NBC Sports

https://www.sportsmockery.com › chicago-bears › justi...

?Dec 4, 2022 — Brown. He ran a poor route, coming out of it too slow and compounding that failure by not coming back to the ball as it was thrown.

Anyway as pointed out, JF runs to avoid pocket collapsation and extend plays. You bring up Matt Bowen, well Trent Dilfer, Lucas Patrick, D. Mooney and Jaire Alexander disagree.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Wow how could u bring yourself to call JF "a running back". That's what JF haters say ( it's hater code for not being a real Qb) ?
JF was accounting for 3-4 Tds per game. Who cares how he got them. Where are your stats for the drop in scoring output when JF didn't play?

As for the EQ route, I explained how that route is suppose happen. It's a timing route and EQ was off time. EQ did not separate from Alexander. It's in the link I provided earlier.
Here's another....

St. Brown agrees he could've fought for ball on INT - NBC Sports

https://www.sportsmockery.com › chicago-bears › justi...

?Dec 4, 2022 — Brown. He ran a poor route, coming out of it too slow and compounding that failure by not coming back to the ball as it was thrown.

Anyway as pointed out, JF runs to avoid pocket collapsation and extend plays. You bring up Matt Bowen, well Trent Dilfer, Lucas Patrick, D. Mooney and Jaire Alexander disagree.
as a runner he is great.. as a passer he is not, sorry but thats the reality of the situation, great passing qb dont average under 150 ypg, great passers are not rated 31st in completion% or 25th in rating, great QBs dont make the players around them worse, he is great at running and not so great at passing.

I really dont understand why you keep bringing up the EQ play, you do realize that both players could of made mistakes on that play correct? in talking about the WR EQ didnt do a great job, in talking about the QB on that play Fields didnt do a great job either, it was a bad play by both of them. Matt Bowen talked about it being a bad play BY BOTH OF THEM, JF made a bad decision on that play.

Your continuation of posting articles on just the WR part of that play does not change the fact that Fields ALSO made a bad play

and for the record I dont hate JF, I have said several times that I hope the Bears trade that #1 pic for a boat load of pics, and fill in the roster with proven weapons in FA, give Fields another year with some vets at WR and see if he can put it together, if he cant then at least you will have extra pics in 2024 from the trade to move up in the draft and try again at QB, now unless you think the next Brady or Mahomes is in this draft, if thats the case then you draft that player and move on from Fields, otherwise we try again with Fields next year to see if he can figure it out.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
and for the record I dont hate JF, I have said several times that I hope the Bears trade that #1 pic for a boat load of pics, and fill in the roster with proven weapons in FA, give Fields another year with some vets at WR and see if he can put it together, if he cant then at least you will have extra pics in 2024 from the trade to move up in the draft and try again at QB, now unless you think the next Brady or Mahomes is in this draft, if thats the case then you draft that player and move on from Fields, otherwise we try again with Fields next year to see if he can figure it out.
Well said. I think all Bears fans hope they have finally found a franchise quarterback. Getting an extra 1st round pick in 2024 is probably the safe choice. The years left on a rookie contract is an important consideration. How many teams have salary cap issues due to the going rate for a good quarterback?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
If Poles decides to either move on or stick with Fields, it’s a win win.

If he stays with Poles and he stinks- he didn’t draft him and no one would hold it against him.

If he trades Fields and picks someone he absolutely loves the clock starts all over again and has another few years.

That having been said, he can ride his tenure out longer with choice number one.

Who is a huge issue with GM’s. Let’s be honest Fields has shown very little to no evidence that he can be the QB moving forward.

So, for the rebuild purpose, drafting the best QB according to him would reset the rookie clock. As Fields has lost two years.

This kind of move would take extreme BALLS and Poles has shown to not care and for all we know told ownership that he didn’t think he was the guy.

Last thought, I/we really don’t fully understand the affect the money/attendance etc has to do with player personnel decisions. Fields is beloved by Bears fans and a lot more people watch the Bears bc he is so damn exciting and fun to watch.

I personally think he could win a Super Bowl or maybe two as I just don’t think his tenure will last that long for health reasons.

AgainC I would keep him but my point is that the perfect recipe exists for him to get rid of him if he wants. It’s very hard/easy to get the first pick of the draft depending on how you look at it and it doesn’t happen too often for a franchise so he could use that to sell the McCaskeys but I also don’t have the Metrics to see how much money Fields brings in the Bears being who he is and how he plays.

There is always risk.

If Poles trades Fields, and Fields plays well elsewhere, it would reflect poorly on the Bears, specifically the GM. If he keeps Fields and Fields plays poorly here, the same is true.

We don't know what the future holds in store for Justin Fields, or Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, et. al. There are no guarantees or sure things in the NFL draft. Poles will have to make an assessment based on best possible evidence available, and then live with that decision good or bad. He may not have drafted Fields, but if he keeps him, he's all his.

My guess is that the Bears front office believes they have their quarterback and will look to shore up the rest of team. We'll know in a few months.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, and Montgomery all have better passing stats last year when Fields was not throwing them the ball compared to this year, and even the 8 games with Claypool this year on the Steelers are better then what he did with Fields.
I'd like to point out that only Claypool has better passing stats. But that's only on 1 career attempt.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
as a runner he is great.. as a passer he is not, sorry but thats the reality of the situation, great passing qb dont average under 150 ypg, great passers are not rated 31st in completion% or 25th in rating, great QBs dont make the players around them worse, he is great at running and not so great at passing.

I really dont understand why you keep bringing up the EQ play, you do realize that both players could of made mistakes on that play correct? in talking about the WR EQ didnt do a great job, in talking about the QB on that play Fields didnt do a great job either, it was a bad play by both of them. Matt Bowen talked about it being a bad play BY BOTH OF THEM, JF made a bad decision on that play.

Your continuation of posting articles on just the WR part of that play does not change the fact that Fields ALSO made a bad play

So again....JF runs because to avoid pocket collapsation and extend plays. Key ..... pocket collapsation

sorry but thats the reality of the situation, great passing qb dont average under 150 ypg, great passers are not rated 31st in completion% or 25th in rating, great QBs dont make the players around them worse,

Yot keep bringing up the word "great". Well right now no one on this Bear team is "great". You keep ignoring the fact that JF is on his 2nd offensive scheme in as many years. You're also ignoring the fact that JF is still a young, developing Qb and not a veteran ( I'm still not convinced he has the right ppl in place to develop a Qb, but that's a different topic)

And u basically ignored JF's increased 73 to 85 passer rating. As well as JF accounting for 3-4 Td's per game during one stretch.

We'll have to disagree on the EQ situation, as I've produced evidence showing JF delivered the ball on time given the type of route( i.e. curl/comeback), but said wr was out of position...others have verified this,

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So again....JF runs because to avoid pocket collapsation and extend plays. Key ..... pocket collapsation

Yot keep bringing up the word "great". Well right now no one on this Bear team is "great". You keep ignoring the fact that JF is on his 2nd offensive scheme in as many years. You're also ignoring the fact that JF is still a young, developing Qb and not a veteran ( I'm still not convinced he has the right ppl in place to develop a Qb, but that's a different topic)

And u basically ignored JF's increased 73 to 85 passer rating. As well as JF accounting for 3-4 Td's per game during one stretch.

We'll have to disagree on the EQ situation, as I've produced evidence showing JF delivered the ball on time given the type of route( i.e. curl/comeback), but said wr was out of position...others have verified this,
Some of his runs are because he is forced into it because the OL didnt hold, Some of his runs are because he is holding the ball to long creating the pressure he now has to escape from, some of the runs are designed and some are because he is lost and just tucks at and goes..

As far as great, I dont refer to Fields as great with the exception of talking about his running ability, if I'm talking about Fields as a passer I refer to him as bad.

But if you want me to rephrase my last point? fine.. Average passing qb dont average under 150 ypg, Average passers are not rated 31st in completion% or 25th in rating, he is great at running and not even average at passing. better? ;)

Im not ignoring his increase to 85 rating and him throwing for 3 TD 1 time his entire career, I'm saying that its not anything to be excited about. Listen if he was throwing multiple TD games and throwing for 250-300 yard games several times. but still had too many INT causing a lower 85 rating, it would be a different situation, it shows he has a lot of potential as a passer and just needs to get more experience so he could cut down on the INT.. Even if it was a prototypical roller coaster ride with great game, bad game, good game, bad game etc.. again more experience will cut down on the bad ones and increase the good ones. As a passer what good game did he have? week 5 maybe? 208 yards with 1 TD? yeah nothing wrong with that game, but 200 yards w1TD is hardly anything to write home about.. it is what it is.. he will either take a big step forward next year or probably follow in the footsteps of Mitch

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Some of his runs are because he is forced into it because the OL didnt hold, Some of his runs are because he is holding the ball to long creating the pressure he now has to escape from, some of the runs are designed and some are because he is lost and just tucks at and goes..

As far as great, I dont refer to Fields as great with the exception of talking about his running ability, if I'm talking about Fields as a passer I refer to him as bad.

But if you want me to rephrase my last point? fine.. Average passing qb dont average under 150 ypg, Average passers are not rated 31st in completion% or 25th in rating, he is great at running and not even average at passing. better? ;)

Im not ignoring his increase to 85 rating and him throwing for 3 TD 1 time his entire career, I'm saying that its not anything to be excited about. Listen if he was throwing multiple TD games and throwing for 250-300 yard games several times. but still had too many INT causing a lower 85 rating, it would be a different situation, it shows he has a lot of potential as a passer and just needs to get more experience so he could cut down on the INT.. Even if it was a prototypical roller coaster ride with great game, bad game, good game, bad game etc.. again more experience will cut down on the bad ones and increase the good ones. As a passer what good game did he have? week 5 maybe? 208 yards with 1 TD? yeah nothing wrong with that game, but 200 yards w1TD is hardly anything to write home about.. it is what it is.. he will either take a big step forward next year or probably follow in the footsteps of Mitch
Vortex ⚠️