Poles: Monty is coming back

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I would understand the move, but it would be very uninspiring. He's good at the things Herbert is bad at (pass blocking, pass catching), but he's just so damn slow and non-explosive as a runner.

If he's back, they need to feature Herbert more in the offense next season and have Montgomery in there as more of a 3rd down back.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I would have no problem with this move if the price was right. I think he’s a solid back. You could do a lot worse than Monty. Plus he’s probably the fastest Rb in the league.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Smokescreen or honesty?

seems to me he actually wants him. And I bet a big part of it is for culture and leadership.

Mont played hard all the way to the end. Harder than prob anyone else except maybe Fields even when they're down three scores and still running the ball

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d prefer they keep him if they can for 6-8 per year. Ton of money that they have to spend and would rather them use picks on something else.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would understand the move, but it would be very uninspiring. He's good at the things Herbert is bad at (pass blocking, pass catching), but he's just so damn slow and non-explosive as a runner.

If he's back, they need to feature Herbert more in the offense next season and have Montgomery in there as more of a 3rd down back.
If Herbert doesn’t improve his hands or his blocking, they need to move on from him as well. He can’t block and can’t catch.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Why would David Montgomery want to stay on the Bears is a better question.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
We’re pretty unhappy with our #1 and #2 RBs for the top rushing offense in the NFL, hehe.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
If it's for the same money would you want Monty or a guy like Donte Forman?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I would have no problem with this move if the price was right. I think he’s a solid back. You could do a lot worse than Monty. Plus he’s probably the fastest Rb in the league.
Wut!?

mecha

Liked Posts:
he's probably the team's most talented wide receiver. so ponder that for a moment. treat him like a receiver that happens to run the ball hard and you'll have your justification for keeping him.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why waste a draft pick for a need that's actually filled? Get a C in the 3rd instead of a replacement RB.
A decent FA C will be more $$ than Monty most likely.

+ Nobody deserves a re-tooled OL more than Monty.

...except Justin Fields.