Poles possible outlook with Eberflus

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I think others, like myself were looking forward to getting an O-minded HC. However, now that I think about it, Poles was hired because he supposedly wants to build around Fields and is proven to be a good O evaluator. So the way I look at it is that Poles really liked Eberflus' approach to D and really wanted to have him on board, knowing that he would NOT join just as a DC as a lateral move.

So this is where Poles now tells Eberflus that he will make the decision on who the OC will be, judging from his O expertise and evaluation. This new OC will be 100% a Poles pick and not Eberflus'. That's the way I see this.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t doubt this is why Quinn walked. Who wants to be told that coming in? Only an under qualified idiot with no other shot would agree to something like this, Eberflus fits that description.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's reasonable to think that Eberflus and Poles will, and I hate to say the word, but... collaborate on who the OC will be. I don't think it's reasonable to say that Poles 100% picks Eberflus' OC.

Liked Posts:
Can't it be that they simply have the same idea as to who the next oc should be ?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Can't it be that they simply have the same idea as to who the next oc should be ?
Of course it could be but Poles was brought in because of his knowledge and expertise of O evaluation. So to pick a D coach like this tells me he didn’t want to miss out on Flus no matter what, which is fine. But Poles will be now in charge of putting his own evaluation of an OC.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I think others, like myself were looking forward to getting an O-minded HC. However, now that I think about it, Poles was hired because he supposedly wants to build around Fields and is proven to be a good O evaluator. So the way I look at it is that Poles really liked Eberflus' approach to D and really wanted to have him on board, knowing that he would NOT join just as a DC as a lateral move.

So this is where Poles now tells Eberflus that he will make the decision on who the OC will be, judging from his O expertise and evaluation. This new OC will be 100% a Poles pick and not Eberflus'. That's the way I see this.
If was a head coach, I would not accept anybody else picking my staff. Now, as a courtesy I would provide my GM with my plan for coaches and then if he had a problem with any of them, I would try to find a way to work it out. But, coaches need to be able to build their staffs in their own image, just like god.

Rise

Liked Posts:
From having to read Trubs for years to Flus. Great…

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it seems guaranteed that we get a break from a HC meddling in the O and won't have to worry about the entire team and game flow not getting the attention it needs due to a Denny's menu.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wouldn’t doubt this is why Quinn walked. Who wants to be told that coming in? Only an under qualified idiot with no other shot would agree to something like this, Eberflus fits that description.
It's already been debunked that Quinn walked.

They chose Matt over him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, but how could ccs members create Machiavellian schemes to grace the message board if that were the case...