Poles stays at 1️⃣ but doesn’t take Carter/Anderson/QB…(wild speculation thread only - dicks ripping allowed)

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is your reaction? Thoughts? Smash your tv? And what player would he possible take?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can see your way out if you don’t want to participate
You asked for responses and I said it would never happen. If you want me to play, then I'd probably be pretty upset. Maybe the guy they take works out but guys like Paris you could get at #2 or #4. If you're saying we cannot trade out, and for SOME REASON don't have Anderson #1 on our board, I'd be pissed, but would wait to see what happens. If they took a Paris and he was a pro-bowl T, I guess I could live with it?

greg23

Liked Posts:
If he does this he should be fired before round 2

However...if it's not Anderson/Carter or a QB then it's T. Wilson from TTech who I think they'll fall in love with if they already haven't.....I could see him being the guy they select anyway in a trade down to #2 or #4

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I heard on radio, score morning show i think, that poles is actually eyeing a sleeper defensive player at #1 who is ranked by most to go in the mid first round. I forget his name though...

My reaction is whatever I dont really care much anymore. I probably will care more if or when they start making the playoffs. Until then I'm just kinda meh on the whole thing. I would like to see fields get fully developed though. I feel bad for him that he got drafted by the bears to be honest. Hard working with a very high ceiling.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's T Wilson name again. He seems to play with power and depend on that. Does anyone know more about him, any highlights I watch do not show any moves other than bull rush or just powering guys

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Poles clearly wants to maximize the ripping of dicks while minimizing effort. It explains his entire strategy.

The #1 overall pick will be Bijan Robinson

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There's T Wilson name again. He seems to play with power and depend on that. Does anyone know more about him, any highlights I watch do not show any moves other than bull rush or just powering guys
5th year senior… He plays outside and inside. He’s an excellent pass rusher that is a major factor in the run game. In pure pass situations, his pass rush stats and win rates are excellent.

He’s long at 6’ 6” with a big wingspan. He did everything possible to wreck the TCU game this last season. He impacted TCU on pass and run downs.

Again, he was a 5th year Senior and 2022 was his best season for sure.

If they sign Payne and get this guy in a trade down, ok. At 1, not ok!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they can't trade out which is EXTREMELY unlikely, I hope Poles takes whomever he and the staff agree is best, regardless of what we or Mel Kiper think.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
If this scenario happened, I would be assuming that they're trying to go back to back years with the 1st pick.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard on radio, score morning show i think, that poles is actually eyeing a sleeper defensive player at #1 who is ranked by most to go in the mid first round. I forget his name though...

If so, this really opens things up for trades further past IND.

Also means HOU/IND will have to actually compete by offering more if they want to beat out the Carolina's of the draft who would be more of a threat than if Poles just wants Anderson or Carter. Most seem to think it's only HOU/IND in play realistically.

I wouldn't mind a trade further down if Poles really loves himself a mid-1st round sleeper if there is such a thing.

...Better not be some raw athlete who needs work on technique, like an OL, or a WR that "can improve his route running".

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This would be a terrible reality and he could probably find a way out of the #1’s but I would like to see Anderson over Carter.

Carter’s OU game scares me. How could he not be ready to okay that game?!?

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
If so, this really opens things up for trades further past IND.

Also means HOU/IND will have to actually compete by offering more if they want to beat out the Carolina's of the draft who would be more of a threat than if Poles just wants Anderson or Carter. Most seem to think it's only HOU/IND in play realistically.

I wouldn't mind a trade further down if Poles really loves himself a mid-1st round sleeper if there is such a thing.

...Better not be some raw athlete who needs work on technique, like an OL, or a WR that "can improve his route running".
The guys on radio were saying that poles will take that dude with the #1 pick. Not a trade down... lol.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guys on radio were saying that poles will take that dude with the #1 pick. Not a trade down... lol.

Let's certainly hope it's just more media chatter, similar to the trade Fields dum-dums.

Not only would the move suck, it'd be telling that Poles would be an idiot for that and future SNAFUs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only way I see that happening is if he takes a QB and trades Fields.

:kermit: