POLL: What to do with Mitch Trubisky in 2021?

What to do with Mitch?

• Let him walk away in FA

• Extend him (1 year, prove it deal)

• Extend him (long term deal)

• Franchise him & see what happens

Results are only viewable after voting.

msadows

Liked Posts:
A decent kicker, and it's the Eagles fans wishing Wentz hadn't been hurt.

Foles is an excellent backup. He lacks the durability to start.

False, he lacks the talent to start.

Outside of 1 season back in 2013 with a chip kelly offense the nfl never adjusted to until the following year, and 2 games in the playoffs, he's been fucking terrible his entire career.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
First of all, I think Nagy needs to go. Horrible offensive system, the less he is involved in the offense the better it gets. The Oline, Montgomery & Mitch were held back by Nagy.

Pace can stay and select the next HC. I think Pace has built a decent team, and is young & learning. Despite missing on Mahomes (who is the QB I wanted (not just saying that (don’t care if you don’t believe (this is the Inception of parentheses)))). If I’m calling the shots, I’d actually determine Pace’s future based on whether he wants to fire Nagy or not. If he wants to fire Nagy, I’d give him a 3 yr extension. If he wants to not fire Nagy, then I let his contract come to end, seeing what happens next year.

I would offer Mitch a 4 yr 65, with 40 guaranteed. Make the big salary years the last 2. He can win games with a running game, and play action....and is still young. Doesn’t mean that I’m not still looking for a generational QB. Foles needs to go. If he is traded, consider yourselves lucky, if not just cut him. A draft pick QB can be the backup. If Mitch gets passed up by a draft pick, then he is a good backup. If not, then the Bears still have a QB for a good cap number.

In the draft my 1st pick is the best OT available, unless one of the top QB’s falls. Massie is cut, but Leno is not. Leno just competes to start, or be a backup and is likely gone the next year. My 2nd pick is a WR because I don’t think it’s worth it to extend Arob. Not because I don’t like him, but he doesn’t have elite talent and the WR position has become similar to the RB position. Cheaper and impactful WR’s can come from the draft because there are so many talented receivers now. I only pay big money if a receiver is a top 3 game changer, and Arob is not that.

Fuller, Hicks, and Roaquan can all be extended. Some will help the cap, and some will hurt the cap. The resigning of DT, while KPL could of been bad for 1/3 the cost was one of Pace’s biggest mistakes. Would actually really like to resign CP to a reasonable 3 yr deal. Love his effort, will be a special team star and 3rd option at RB. Tarik coming back can be a nice combo with Monty.

The draft after the 2nd rd has to be bpa. Any position is a help at that point. Even another TE and Gram can be cut? Another WR since Miller sucks? Another LB since DT needs to go? Another CB so Skrine can be cut. Many options to draft players and fix the cap. Just don’t trade up, only trade down!

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
False, he lacks the talent to start.

Outside of 1 season back in 2013 with a chip kelly offense the nfl never adjusted to until the following year, and 2 games in the playoffs, he's been fucking terrible his entire career.

Foles has some clear talent, if you ask me. One doesn't pull off the Super Bowl win he pulled off three seasons ago AGAINST TOM BRADY without talent.

The issue is he gets hurt due to a lack of mobility.

For a backup, the Bears could do far worse. The only sure upgrade over Foles I see is Tyrod Taylor, and that's because Taylor, like Trubisky, has mobility.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First of all, I think Nagy needs to go. Horrible offensive system, the less he is involved in the offense the better it gets. The Oline, Montgomery & Mitch were held back by Nagy.

Pace can stay and select the next HC. I think Pace has built a decent team, and is young & learning. Despite missing on Mahomes (who is the QB I wanted (not just saying that (don’t care if you don’t believe (this is the Inception of parentheses)))). If I’m calling the shots, I’d actually determine Pace’s future based on whether he wants to fire Nagy or not. If he wants to fire Nagy, I’d give him a 3 yr extension. If he wants to not fire Nagy, then I let his contract come to end, seeing what happens next year.

I would offer Mitch a 4 yr 65, with 40 guaranteed. Make the big salary years the last 2. He can win games with a running game, and play action....and is still young. Doesn’t mean that I’m not still looking for a generational QB. Foles needs to go. If he is traded, consider yourselves lucky, if not just cut him. A draft pick QB can be the backup. If Mitch gets passed up by a draft pick, then he is a good backup. If not, then the Bears still have a QB for a good cap number.

In the draft my 1st pick is the best OT available, unless one of the top QB’s falls. Massie is cut, but Leno is not. Leno just competes to start, or be a backup and is likely gone the next year. My 2nd pick is a WR because I don’t think it’s worth it to extend Arob. Not because I don’t like him, but he doesn’t have elite talent and the WR position has become similar to the RB position. Cheaper and impactful WR’s can come from the draft because there are so many talented receivers now. I only pay big money if a receiver is a top 3 game changer, and Arob is not that.

Fuller, Hicks, and Roaquan can all be extended. Some will help the cap, and some will hurt the cap. The resigning of DT, while KPL could of been bad for 1/3 the cost was one of Pace’s biggest mistakes. Would actually really like to resign CP to a reasonable 3 yr deal. Love his effort, will be a special team star and 3rd option at RB. Tarik coming back can be a nice combo with Monty.

The draft after the 2nd rd has to be bpa. Any position is a help at that point. Even another TE and Gram can be cut? Another WR since Miller sucks? Another LB since DT needs to go? Another CB so Skrine can be cut. Many options to draft players and fix the cap. Just don’t trade up, only trade down!

Please fill out an application for Bears GM.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Due to lockdown I've watched way to many NFL games not involving the Bears - have to say that the way Mitch is playing is better than a lot of starting QB's in the league, and way better than a lot of the younger talent. He also has fewer weapons than many of those teams and a weaker O line, yet for the last three weeks, he has performed to a high level, few mistakes, and seems to be getting more confident week by week.

As I've said before, a lot of the bed wetters are still sad he's not Mahomes. You know what, he's not. But if you can get beyond that fact, he's actually a pretty interesting prospect and someone you would want back next year.

I'd try to sign him on at 2 year team friendly deal, and accept Foles as back up for at least a year.
So he’s playing better than a lot of starters and way better than a lot of younger talent? Was he better than Cousins last night?
Surely there’ll be teams queuing up for him then right? What makes you think he’d sign a team friendly deal?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles makes $8m per. Nagy fucked this up royally. If Mitch keeps this up, he'll want at least twice that to stay.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone notice in Montgomery walk off yesterday he said “Bears Winski, Yes Sirski.” Sounded like a tribute to Mitch IMO.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope some stupid franchise other than Chicago gives him a big contract
If he signs here he will suck. If he goes somewhere else he will be good. Thats the Bears luck I have witnessed in my 41 years...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If he signs here he will suck. If he goes somewhere else he will be good. Thats the Bears luck I have witnessed in my 41 years...
That has never happened with a Bears QB leaving, it’s not about to start with Mitch

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope some stupid franchise other than Chicago gives him a big contract
You can almost sense that Blake bortles contract is about to become the mitchel trubisky contract as history repeats itself

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can almost sense that Blake bortles contract is about to become the mitchel trubisky contract as history repeats itself
I dont see any way a long term deal happens with Mitch. At most a tag or 1 year deal. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Make him a team friendly offer, but work the off season like he is not even here. I think he will get more than a team friendly deal from someone that thinks he is the next Tannehill.

I like his latest work, but still think that it is fools gold. He is doing well against the worst defenses in the League, and the reality is that the reason we are winning is because we somehow found a running game and actually are sticking to it (42 run plays to 21 Pass plays vs Vikes).

Let him test the FA Market if he wants, but be aggressive in the draft, I want Wilson and I will be watching him in the Bowl Game on Tuesday night.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To what?

I am all for finding a nicer boat, but I am not jumping out of this one till I see the nicer one coming.

The options to replace him are ass.

Did you not read my later posts? Draft a QB and use the money yall want waste on 4M to improve the OL.

And no I am not sitting a rookie QB for a year. The vast majority of 1st round rookies actually play their rookie years.

By work magic you mean get trade raped?

Did KC and Houston get trade raped and do their fans care at this point?

Last edited: