Liked Posts:
I’ve seriously never heard or apparently been through that though lol

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My opinion doesn’t waiver however. Play the rookie and let him learn through trial by fire

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was into sitting a few games because it wasn't going to significantly slow him down and may have actually sped it up a bit but it wasn't a big deal to me. At this point, the horse left the stable. Let it run.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way Fields will gain valuable experience is by playing the game.

The best way to learn chops for a musician is to play live. Playing in your basement doesn't come close.

The same applies to athletes.

Throw Fields into the deep end of the pool and let him learn!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Here’s the deal:

Start the process.

The process—which includes struggles and triumphs, good games and bad games—has to begin sooner or later. Would you rather start it now, or 8 weeks from now? I’d rather just start it now.

Trevor Lawrence has struggled quite a bit and is 0-2. Are the Jags benching him? How about Zach Wilson after his 4 INTs? No. They’re riding out the process that comes with a rookie quarterback.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Here’s the deal:

Start the process.

The process—which includes struggles and triumphs, good games and bad games—has to begin sooner or later. Would you rather start it now, or 8 weeks from now? I’d rather just start it now.

Trevor Lawrence has struggled quite a bit and is 0-2. Are the Jags benching him? How about Zach Wilson after his 4 INTs? No. They’re riding out the process that comes with a rookie quarterback.
There is no set process. It’s different for each player and team.

And saying we should do it because those other teams are? Just dumb.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"All of it was necessary, like pain in a teenager’s knees. Fields had to go through Sunday to become the quarterback he is supposed to become."

On one hand Pompei says it was necessary..... on the other he says Fields should sit. Which is it?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Here’s the deal:

Start the process.

This is not a fair comparison, they have nobody to tread water with.

If Saleh had Jimmy G, you have no idea who he would be starting right now, given Shanny decided to start Jimmy G over Lance too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The amount of ulcers in Chicagoland ERs based on the QB situation is going to make a great case study.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This situation sure as hell has exposed those that carry water for the organization and those that are just afraid of having their access limited.

This is water carrying.

What the hell does Fields benefit from sitting on the bench. He has to throw that pick to Wilson to learn to not do it again. We all learn by doing.